Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Help me out here please

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:09 pm

The rules about injured players going off. I thought if a player was cautioned then the injured player doesn’t have to leave the field of play. Today following the sending off Holliot had to go off :o :? :?
Anyone help me out here with the rules ?

Re: Help me out here please

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:37 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The rules about injured players going off. I thought if a player was cautioned then the injured player doesn’t have to leave the field of play. Today following the sending off Holliot had to go off :o :? :?
Anyone help me out here with the rules ?

That's what I understood the rule was but yet to see it in operation :roll:

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:44 pm

It seemed strange because in a way we were penalised by him being off the pitch when we had an attacking free kick which Hoilett could take no part in.

As the team who had been fouled it was strange to be penalised in that way.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:03 am

But I was on the understanding if there is no caution the injured player must leave the field of play until waved back on by the ref. If the player is cautioned as to not be at a disadvantage the injured player remains in play.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:05 am

Red card might be different. No advantage to team who gave the injury?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:22 am

Ref was only 7 so what do you expect - at times yesterday he was worse than a Parks ref.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:32 am

A couple of dodgy decisions for free kicks but I thought he refereed the game well compared to some we have had and he let it flow, could not really see the red card incident clearly from the Canton but what you could see it was the studs up I think that did it and I am no referee but I think the law is studs up and your off but not sure.
Post a reply