Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RYAN GIGGS - New Welsh manager!!!!

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:38 am

Just seen this on FB and passing it on. If true I am not a happy man! :cry:

FB
Keith Thomas
2 hrs · Merthyr Tydfil
Heard it on good authority today that despite thousands of fans being against it on Monday Giggs will be appointed as the new Welsh coach. God help us!

Re: RYAN GIGGS - New Welsh manager!!!!

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:07 am

Heard it on good authority without saying who the 'good authority' is, is usually bollocks - but unfortunately, like you, I have a feeling this will happen :cry:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:07 am

If its true then I hope the 'thousands of fans' give him a chance to prove himself (whilst I collect my winnings for backing him at 10-1 for the job).

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:14 am

Best option. Instant respect from the players.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:19 am

What happened to his role as the Vietnamese Football Academy Director of Football?

He signed a 2 year contract only a month or so ago. Not showing much commitment.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:22 am

you can still get a bet on Giggs albeit at 1/4 so i doubt anyone that actually knows { good authority } if a final decision has even been made has told anyone..the minute that happens people start buying money and the bookies close the book.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:52 am

Wayne S wrote:What happened to his role as the Vietnamese Football Academy Director of Football?

He signed a 2 year contract only a month or so ago. Not showing much commitment.

bit harsh.
its part time, i think he is contracted to vist vietnam twice a year and has already been once.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:15 am

In my humble opinion not too bad if true. PROVIDING Osian and his back room staff are retained. It also means Bellers would hopefully stay with us. There were only these three being seriously considered, so I think the best possible outcome. :bluebird:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:26 am

BLUE54 wrote:In my humble opinion not too bad if true. PROVIDING Osian and his back room staff are retained. It also means Bellers would hopefully stay with us. There were only these three being seriously considered, so I think the best possible outcome. :bluebird:

Osian remaining as back up is as important as anything in my opinion. Biggest drawback for Osian getting the main gig was not having Osian behind the scenes. No idea how Giggs will do but I hope he proves his doubters wrong for all our sakes. Its crucial we qualify for the next euros.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:28 am

Not a big Giggs fan, but if he is named .
He'll get my reluctant support initially,if he is successful he'll get my praise and if he's unsuccessful he'll get my abuse.
So let's wait and see.

I think 2016 and the players we had , who were peaking at the right time , was like some sort of perfect storm , never to be repeated.
As we saw yesterday Coleman isn't a tactical genius , in 2016 he was a very lucky man, with the players and the red wall. All pulling the same way together/stronger.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:32 am

nojac wrote:Not a big Giggs fan, but if he is named .
He'll get my reluctant support initially,if he is successful he'll get my praise and if he's unsuccessful he'll get my abuse.
So let's wait and see.

I think 2016 and the players we had , who were peaking at the right time , was like some sort of perfect storm , never to be repeated.
As we saw yesterday Coleman isn't a tactical genius , in 2016 he was a very lucky man, with the players and the red wall. All pulling the same way together/stronger.

So let's wait and see.
i think thats all any manager can expect tbh..just to be given a chance without all this anyone but nonsense.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:41 am

dogfound wrote:
nojac wrote:Not a big Giggs fan, but if he is named .
So let's wait and see.

So let's wait and see.
i think thats all any manager can expect tbh..just to be given a chance without all this anyone but nonsense.

Exactly. I'm sure at least 99.9% will be at least that supportive.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:21 pm

maccydee wrote:Best option. Instant respect from the players.

And 'days off' whenever they just don't fancy it! :clap:

How can he say no?! ;) :(

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:50 pm

dogfound wrote:
Wayne S wrote:What happened to his role as the Vietnamese Football Academy Director of Football?

bit harsh.
its part time, i think he is contracted to vist vietnam twice a year and has already been once.

Fair enough.

If he is going to continue to honour the contract I will take it back.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:22 pm

I'll support anyone but would rather Bellamy.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:24 pm

Yes also heard it's Giggs, fully support him.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:47 pm

I think he's the best option out of the people named,would of liked a top foreign coach but the wfa want a Welshman,people moaning about him not being available for friendlys but at the time the fans didn't bother either still play 64 times for us ,he will get my backing just like any Welsh manager would you can't choose the country you support and born in let's hope we qualify for another finals under him

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:27 pm

Sven wrote:

Not my first choice or Bellamy but if it is Giggs he will get my support just as Coleman did and Speed before him :thumbright:

How many Wales games have you been to Sven? ;)

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Read something that the faw contacted bale and Ramsey who both said they would of rathered Bellamy as manager.

The faw said he interviewed amazingly but opted for giggs.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:31 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

Not my first choice or Bellamy but if it is Giggs he will get my support just as Coleman did and Speed before him :thumbright:

Read my previous quotes (although I'm thinking you already know this) and you will see I am not a fan of international football, although I do take a passing interest. I am a Cardiff City supporter first, last and foremost and I have not paid to watch Wales (other than the Wales v England Word Cup Qualifier) since the Alun Evans days of thunder, although I will safely wager you that I've seen more Wales (and other international) games in my life-time than you ;)

As a (current) Wales supporter, I would fully expect you to get behind whoever is manager of Wales but that doesn't mean to say that person is the best for the job or that he will have the overwhelming support of the Wales footballing community. Both Giggs and Bellamy are divisive characters for different reasons and I am a little surprised either has got within a shot of the top job

However, the FAW being what they are, they have decided that they want a 'name' and they don't come bigger than former part-time Wales player Ryan Giggs, so it's looking like he will be the chosen one; although that remains to be officially confirmed

If selected, I hope he does well, I really do. But my personal preference would have been to go get someone who could show previous commitment to the national team and of the two, that would be Craig Bellamy

Just my opinion but one I shall retain regardless of how you might not like that or my jokes! ;) :laughing6:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:07 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Read something that the faw contacted bale and Ramsey who both said they would of rathered Bellamy as manager.

read something where? jesus.
they have not announced but someone actually wrote that..and worse there is at least 1 person believing it. :laughing5:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:13 pm

dogfound wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Read something that the faw contacted bale and Ramsey who both said they would of rathered Bellamy as manager.

they have not announced but someone actually wrote that..and worse there is at least 1 person believing it. :laughing5:

On wales online

https://t.co/UnaqMYLmK0

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:43 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
dogfound wrote:

On wales online

must be correct then

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:45 pm

Sven wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

Read my previous quotes (although I'm thinking you already know this) and you will see I am not a fan of international football, although I do take a passing interest. I am a Cardiff City supporter first, last and foremost and I have not paid to watch Wales (other than the Wales v England Word Cup Qualifier) since the Alun Evans days of thunder, although I will safely wager you that I've seen more Wales (and other international) games in my life-time than you ;)

As a (current) Wales supporter, I would fully expect you to get behind whoever is manager of Wales but that doesn't mean to say that person is the best for the job or that he will have the overwhelming support of the Wales footballing community. Both Giggs and Bellamy are divisive characters for different reasons and I am a little surprised either has got within a shot of the top job

However, the FAW being what they are, they have decided that they want a 'name' and they don't come bigger than former part-time Wales player Ryan Giggs, so it's looking like he will be the chosen one; although that remains to be officially confirmed

If selected, I hope he does well, I really do. But my personal preference would have been to go get someone who could show previous commitment to the national team and of the two, that would be Craig Bellamy

Just my opinion but one I shall retain regardless of how you might not like that or my jokes! ;) :laughing6:

just as a matter of interest do you know how many Wales games Craig Bellamy missed..?

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:47 pm

dogfound wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
dogfound wrote:

On wales online

must be correct then

Didn’t say it was just saying what I seen wales online always report rubbish

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:13 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
dogfound wrote:

On wales online

must be correct then

Didn’t say it was just saying what I seen wales online always report rubbish

its a strange article ,especially the Bale and Rambo bit..

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:59 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

just as a matter of interest do you know how many Wales games Craig Bellamy missed..?

No, but can you tell me when Craig Bellamy was even remotely accused of missing Wales games 'by design'? :?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:19 am

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

No, but can you tell me when Craig Bellamy was even remotely accused of missing Wales games 'by design'? :?

and here lies the problem....you assume 1 thing for 1 person then the opposite for another..by design..?
Craig missed 55 internationals believe it or not { could well have been more if he had played more durring the pre international break era } and no doubt he had 55 reasons that YOU and many like you would accept.?
you never see it mentioned..rightfully...if Gareth Bale said he couldnt play friendlies for fear over aggravating re occuring injuries it would be accepted as it was with Bellamy as with many others..
its complete double standards and something that gets repeated over and over by people who havent really thought too hard about it.
but no excuse is good enough if your name is Giggs and your brought up in Salford..

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 am

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

and here lies the problem....you assume 1 thing for 1 person then the opposite for another..by design..?
Craig missed 55 internationals believe it or not { could well have been more if he had played more durring the pre international break era } and no doubt he had 55 reasons that YOU and many like you would accept.?
you never see it mentioned..rightfully...if Gareth Bale said he couldnt play friendlies for fear over aggravating re occuring injuries it would be accepted as it was with Bellamy as with many others..
its complete double standards and something that gets repeated over and over by people who havent really thought too hard about it.
but no excuse is good enough if your name is Giggs and your brought up in Salford..

... And you shagged your brothers wife

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:28 am

Sven wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

Previous commitment...64 caps for4 Wales is enough I also read on this forum that Bellamy missed 55 friendlies yet there is no mention of that about Bellamy, Giggs personal life cannot be brought into into really.

I am not his greatest fan as a Manager but as a player..WORLD CLASS, but if he gets the job then he will get my support and without a doubt if he does get the job I believe he will be asked these very same questions about Wales friendlies so I suppose we have to wait and see what his view is.

1. He will either put his hand up and say yes I was wrong.

2. Or he will brush aside any views about him and treat possibly alienate more Welsh fans.

We can only wait and see and your jokes are improving :thumbright: