Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: RYAN GIGGS - New Welsh manager!!!!

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:09 pm

I have not seen a genuine reason why he should not have been given the job.

The other options
Osian Roberts - part of the last failed tournament, I genuinely feel like the squad needs a shake up – Not for me.

Bellamy - needs more experience, also don't like the way he never seems to stick to anything. Didn't really stick to his role with City, never really stuck around any clubs to long in his playing career – Not saying never but not at the momemt - a second choice. I also think the fact he interviewed well makes little difference, we want the best guy not the best interviewer.

Bowen – God no.

Giggs - Managed Manchester United albeit for a few games, Coached Under Sir Alex, David Moyes and Louis Van Gaal. Also what impressed me the few games he took charge of United, he was not afraid to stick the youngsters in and I think that's important looking how the squad is shaping up. Looking for the new challenge. I just read he chased the job, good surely that's a positive, he has something to prove just like the others but he clearly has the hunger

A lot of these fans moaning about Giggs not turning up to friendlies may have a point but how many of them turned up to the friendlies? (taken from Wez lol) our crowds were hardly huge back then.

Also with the amount of injuries Bale has had maybe its time he missed friendlies for Wales like Giggs did, remember Giggs played on until he was 40 and also had injuries problems earlier in his career.

Maybe there is a foreigner out there who could do better but that comes with its own risks.

Giggs gets my full support :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:38 pm

Remember the " We want a Welshman" from the FAW, I hope they extend that to his assistants, please not Scholes, Nevilles ENGLISH THROUGH AND THROUGH, No interest in Wales.