Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JACK MARRIOTT

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:43 am

We’ve been linked with a move for Peterborough’s Jack Marriott as other moves have faltered.

Source: @reluctantnicko on Twitter.

Re: JACK MARRIOTT

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:59 am

lots of clubs been linked to him including premier league clubs..Peterborough are quoting 7 million and claim they have already turned down 4 mill..
unlikely we are going to be spending that sort of cash ?

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:06 am

dogfound wrote:lots of clubs been linked to him including premier league clubs..Peterborough are quoting 7 million and claim they have already turned down 4 mill..

If those are the fees being discussed then I highly doubt it. But NW did say he could make big money move for a central midfielder...

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:18 am

Posh turned down a £4M bid so he is way over our spending capability. Apparently Cottrell is very keen on taking him to Birmingham according to the press :bluebird:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:28 am

TAP_Sheep wrote:
dogfound wrote:lots of clubs been linked to him including premier league clubs..Peterborough are quoting 7 million and claim they have already turned down 4 mill..

If those are the fees being discussed then I highly doubt it. But NW did say he could make big money move for a central midfielder...

he is a striker.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:34 am

dogfound wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

he is a striker.

Is that where he plays mostly now? Remember him playing number 10 a couple of times

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:51 am

brettski wrote:Posh turned down a £4M bid so he is way over our spending capability. Apparently Cottrell is very keen on taking him to Birmingham according to the press :bluebird:

Leeds looked front runners to sign him, but apparently Steve Bruce and Cotterill are now interested.i dont see us paying big bucks and see us getting involved in any sort of bidding war even less likely. if we sign anyone it will be another well kept secret until its happening.