Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

£6M FOR MADINE

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:45 am

According to several papers including journalist Alan Nixon, Bolton are desperate to keep Gary Madine as they see his goals keeping them up.

So desperate, they want nothing less than £6M for him.

Re: £6M FOR MADINE

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:51 am

Forget him. 1 million is too much in my opinion.. Not quick enough for our style

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:53 am

boyo1927 wrote:Forget him. 1 million is too much in my opinion.. Not quick enough for our style

Agree. Not been consistent enough previously to merit much over £1m

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:57 am

Clearly over priced not to sell. Same as we did with Zahore last season really.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Anyone think that Pilkington could be an option to stay?

Get him revved up and a few games to show himself??

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:16 pm

eddiep wrote:Anyone think that Pilkington could be an option to stay?

Yesterday he seemed desperate to do well and get a goal. I found the team reaction to his goal interesting players seemed so happy for him.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:31 pm

boyo1927 wrote:

Yesterday he seemed desperate to do well and get a goal. I found the team reaction to his goal interesting players seemed so happy for him.

He is good player but is not a center forward, a position we seem hell bent on playing him.He played well with Immers for about 5 games a few seasons OK and that was possibly the worst five games he on a personal level ever played for us. :lol:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:36 pm

boyo1927 wrote:

I think he would be an option to stay if it wasn't for his wages - we clearly need to sell to raise funds to buy and we don't have many high earners left.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Too much for him move on

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Don't they have former Cardiff player Adam Le Fondra lol says it all :lol:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:22 pm

Pilkington is crap. He adds nothing. Too slow for a winger, can’t head the ball or hold it up when up front. Get shot of him.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Pilks is a skilful player, though I'm not sure what his best position is.....probably in the hole.
He has proved for us in the past that he can score well-taken goals with both feet.
His confidence has suffered due to lack of game time. Better player than Feeney, that's for sure.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:53 pm

That's 5m too much. This is the first season at championship level he's been half decent and they want 6m :lol: NEXT!

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:That's 5m too much. This is the first season at championship level he's been half decent and they want 6m :lol: NEXT!

I think its 6 million too much.
Seen him play a few times if he was in our squad i would have him as 4th choice . We have better in the squad already we need someone to improve us not just give us depth. If it was a free transfer on basic wages he would be worth a shot

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:30 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:That's 5m too much. This is the first season at championship level he's been half decent and they want 6m :lol: NEXT!

I think its 6 million too much.
Seen him play a few times if he was in our squad i would have him as 4th choice . We have better in the squad already we need someone to improve us not just give us depth. If it was a free transfer on basic wages he would be worth a shot

:thumbup: