Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The end of UKIP?

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:30 pm

SOURCE: The Daily Mail

'Meghan's seed will taint our Royal Family': UKIP chief's glamour model lover, 25, is suspended from the party over racist texts about Prince Harry's wife-to-be

Ukip leader Henry Bolton's girlfriend made racist remarks about Meghan Markle
    Mr Bolton is already mired in scandal after he left his wife for the glamour model
    Jo Marney, 25, said ‘black American’ Meghan will ‘taint’ the British Royal Family
    She also says that she wouldn't have sex with ‘a negro’ because they are ‘ugly’
    Marney was immediately suspended from Ukip when the messages emerged

Scandal-hit Ukip leader Henry Bolton was plunged into a fresh crisis last night after it was revealed that his glamour model girlfriend made racist remarks about Meghan Markle.

Mr Bolton, 54, was already facing calls for his resignation after he left his wife for 25-year-old Jo Marney.

Now The Mail on Sunday can reveal shocking messages in which Ms Marney says that Prince Harry’s ‘black American’ fiancee will ‘taint’ the Royal Family with ‘her seed’ and pave the way for a ‘black king’.

Ms Marney also says that she would never have sex with ‘a negro’ because they are ‘ugly’.

She was immediately suspended from Ukip last night after The Mail on Sunday alerted party chiefs to her grossly offensive comments.

Our revelations come just days before Bolton is due to face a crunch meeting over his own future with Ukip following outrage over his new relationship.

The former Army officer left the mother of his two young children, 42-year-old Tatiana Smurova, for Ms Marney, whom he met shortly before Christmas. Ukip’s chairman, Paul Oakden, has said he realises the ‘strength of feeling on this’ among grassroot members.

If Mr Bolton is ousted by the party’s ruling National Executive Committee on Thursday, it would leave the party having to elect its fifth leader in barely 18 months.

His position looks increasingly shaky as there is no recent precedent for the partner of the leader of any political party to have been suspended from that party.

One Ukip figure even predicted that the scandal could signal the end of the party, which has battled serious financial problems since Nigel Farage stepped down as leader in the wake of the EU referendum.

In Ms Marney’s messages, which she sent to a male friend just three weeks before starting her relationship with Mr Bolton, she sneers at Harry’s engagement to Los Angeles-born Markle – who will marry Harry on May 19 – on the grounds that she is a ‘black American’.

Ms Marney also describes Ms Markle, whose mother is black and whose father is white, as ‘a scrubber’ and a ‘gender equality t***’ who is ‘obsessed with race’ and a ‘dumb little commoner’.

Alluding to ethnic minorities in general, Ms Marney writes that they are ‘pushing their way to the top slowly slowly. Next will be a Muslim PM. And a black king’.

The ex-model – who has remained in touch with the friend she texted since starting her relationship with Mr Bolton – tells him that she would not have sex ‘with a negro’.

When the friend asks her what is wrong with black people, she replies: ‘Ugly. Not my thing. Just personal taste. They don’t turn me on.’

During the exchange, Ms Marney – who is from Kent and describes herself as an actor and music journalist – also complains that there is ‘an immigration problem’, saying: ‘This is Britain. Not Africa’.

After her friend accuses her of being racist, she writes: ‘Lol so what... Not wanting other races and cultures to invade your own culture doesn’t mean I hate their race. Just means I don’t want their cultures invading mine.’

After being confronted with her texts by The Mail on Sunday last night, Ms Marney apologised for her comments which she claimed had been ‘taken out of context’.
n a statement, she said: ‘I apologise unreservedly for the shocking language I used. The opinions I expressed were deliberately exaggerated in order to make a point and have, to an extent, been taken out of context. Yet I fully recognise the offence they have caused.

‘No offence was intended and, again, I apologise unreservedly for any such offence or hurt that my messages have caused to members of the public, members of Ukip my friends, family and loved ones.

‘I have disappointed them all and let myself down. I cannot sufficiently express my regret and sadness at having done so.’

Mr Oakden said: ‘In light of messages that have been brought to my attention, I have taken the decision to immediately suspend her party membership pending an investigation. Ukip does not, has not and never will condone racism.’

Since news of his relationship broke, Mr Bolton has repeatedly insisted that he will not resign as he is convinced another leadership contest would ‘cripple the party’.

He claimed that his marriage to Ms Smurova was already over when he met Miss Marney, and has said: ‘I have no doubt I’m going to come out of this, and Jo and I are going to come out of this as a couple, stronger than we went into it.’

Before the racist texts emerged, Mr Oakden said that Mr Bolton and the party were ‘keen to work collectively in finding a resolution that best protects the future prospects of Ukip’ following the scandal over the relationship.

Mr Farage quit after the 2016 referendum, saying he had achieved his political ambition. He was followed as leader by Diane James, who lasted just 18 days after feuding with the party’s ‘old guard’.

Mr Farage then returned briefly, to be succeeded by Paul Nuttall in November 2016. Nuttall resigned after seven months following the Election, when Ukip’s polled less than 2 per cent. Steve Crowther took over until Mr Bolton was elected in September. He has failed to lift Ukip’s poll ratings above 4 per cent.

Re: The end of UKIP?

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:49 pm

They should have disbanded as soon as there was a yes to leaving the EU.

That way they would have done what they were set up to do and gone out on a high.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:04 pm

I certainly hope so! They milked the EU for expenses and are full of racists. Glad to see them disappear up Trump's backside.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:32 pm

Get this crap off our forum. Racists don’t need anymore publicity :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:56 pm

The decline of UKIP started when Farage resigned.

For me the Ukip will go 2 ways:
1. Total oblivion if the Tories produce a decent Brexit. Even if they water it down I believe internal Leavers within the Tory party will make there move and take over the place therefore there will be no requirement for the UKIP.
2. A strong resurrection of the UKIP. If we get a very soft Brexit that makes the Referendum pointless I can see Farage coming back with a number of sitting MPs from both parties joining him. Then I can see a number of businesses getting behind him.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:The decline of UKIP started when Farage resigned.

For me the Ukip will go 2 ways:
1. Total oblivion if the Tories produce a decent Brexit. Even if they water it down I believe internal Leavers within the Tory party will make there move and take over the place therefore there will be no requirement for the UKIP.
2. A strong resurrection of the UKIP. If we get a very soft Brexit that makes the Referendum pointless I can see Farage coming back with a number of sitting MPs from both parties joining him. Then I can see a number of businesses getting behind him.

Pretty much agree with you.... single issue party with one (ex) leader , so all other policies or personalities are irrelevant.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:24 pm

Manchester Taffy wrote:Get this crap off our forum. Racists don’t need anymore publicity :bluescarf:

well said - horrible bunch of self publicists :wave: :wave: :wave:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:55 pm

I think it's highly likely Farage will emerge as the next UKIP leader (again) and he will likely increase the party's membership but only by attracting the same base as previously and that is in decline. Much has changed since the referendum. The Tories are taking control of negotiations and making a complete Horlicks of it, though the leading Brexiteers within the Tory party will not wish to get in bed with UKIP for fear a good deal will be scuppered. Also it's now more and more likely we are destined for a soft Brexit.

Those hard line Brexiteers will of course not be happy with a soft Brexit but the demographic is getting older and will continue to decline. The younger demographic on the whole is more likely to support Remain so as time goes on the balance of opinion will shift decisively.

Given that we are probably going into a transition period of at least two years and with the Remain camp getting more and more organized I think there will be a third referendum but it will be at a time to suit Remainers and that's probably at least two to three years away. The whole referendum issue will not get the same level of response as the previous one as it would have lost its novelty value . By that time the combination of Labour really getting their act together, right wing politics turning off the young and the reality of where we could end up is quite possibly going to return a different result to the previous one. Farage will not be the Brexit saviour next time.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:37 pm

City Slicker wrote:I think it's highly likely Farage will emerge as the next UKIP leader (again)

No substance at all behind this but...

I have an odd gut feeling that we may see Farage run for Mayor of London in two years time...

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:53 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
City Slicker wrote:I think it's highly likely Farage will emerge as the next UKIP leader (again)

No substance at all behind this but...

I have an odd gut feeling that we may see Farage run for Mayor of London in two years time...

Indeed, that's a reasonable shout.