Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY THOUGHTS: THE WALES MANAGER

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:17 pm

The Welsh International Football job is a job like no other. It is a job that represents the whole country and that is very important to any international football job and not just the Wales job. I think no matter what happens at the end of the day, I trust the FA of Wales to make the best decision for the whole Country of Wales. I don't mind who we get, so long as he is Welsh.

I think Craig Bellamy is a hugely likeable character that could potentially get the squad 'pushing' for Wales with his ideas but with Ryan Giggs, I am not too sure he can get the squad doing what he wants.

I think that the FA of Wales should consult the senior Wales players, especially Gareth Bale.

I don't mind who gets the job. I will support Wales till I die because I am a true welshman. I would love a manager that is Welsh rather than English or foreign because that is not the Wales way and I still think there still could be more options for a Welsh manager other than Bellamy and Giggs. Not too sure who, but I bet that there are still some left to consider.

Diolch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY THOUGHTS: THE WALES MANAGER

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:17 pm

My choice would have been Bellamy but it’s looking like Giggs.As fans we must remember to back the new man through thick or thin.Yes Giggs seemingly let his country down on numerous occasions through pulling out of squads and as for his personal life that’s beyond belief.But this is a different role a different chapter and of course a difficult time to come in as Wales manager replacing the most successful manager too.
Don’t forget too Speed and Coleman both got off to bad starts in the role but then came good.
Let’s hope for more success in the future.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:22 pm

I've heard it's almost certainly Giggs and announced next week, I think the right choice. Experience at coaching at United and small stint as manager. Bellamy just doesn't seem to reliable, couldn't even stick at the job with city.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:49 pm

,I think he's the best option out of the people named,would of liked a top foreign coach but the wfa want a Welshman,people moaning about him not being available for friendlys but at the time the fans didn't bother either still play 64 times for us ,he will get my backing just like any Welsh manager would you can't choose the country you support and born in let's hope we qualify for another finals under him

Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:24 pm

It is what it is, whoever gets it will get my support whether I agree with the person or not. Good luck to them and "Cmon Wales"

Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:05 pm

My choice would be Osian Roberts. Knows the players and the Welsh set up inside out. The players respect Osian massively also.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:42 pm

norms76 wrote:My choice would be Osian Roberts. Knows the players and the Welsh set up inside out. The players respect Osian massively also.

He would have been my choice too but perhaps he's not high profile enough for the sycophants at the FAW. I wonder if we will now also see a move away from the CCS. I would have thought they could have paid Coleman's staff on a full time role for what it probably costs to get Giggs.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:31 pm

the players shouldn't be consulted any more than our players should be consulted when warnock needs replacing.

my first choice upon coleman leaving was pulis then giggs. giggs knows international travel and has played and assistant managed at a level well above his competition. he would command instant respect in a way perhaps only sparky would be able to.

bellamy has a fraction of giggs pedigree and experience in the game. i will say this til i'm blue in the face - appointing bellamy would be a grave error. i would be shocked (and worried for the team going forward) if he was appointed.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:38 pm

If Giggs got the job who would be in charge for the friendlies?

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:41 pm

griff105 wrote:If Giggs got the job who would be in charge for the friendlies?

Griff, maybe a 'Supporters Committee' could do it? ;) :thumbright:

PS: Congratulations on your 5000th post tonight! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:16 pm

the same person that would be in charge if Bellers got it, or do you think he didnt miss Wales games.?

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:57 pm

dogfound wrote:

the same person that would be in charge if Bellers got it, or do you think he didnt miss Wales games.?

Not 'by design' ;) :lol:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:30 am

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Not 'by design' ;) :lol:

be a good idea if you knew what you were talking about eh

in answer to your name a game where he pulled out by design in the other thread..

very openly he pulled out of the nations cup game against the ROI to play for ourselves v Swansea...

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:48 am

Sven wrote:

Griff, maybe a 'Supporters Committee' could do it? ;) :thumbright:

PS: Congratulations on your 5000th post tonight! :ayatollah:

I hadn't noticed that :thumbright:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:37 am

:laughing6:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:08 am

Giggs as manager .
Count me out .
Worst decision ever .