Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Missing Support

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:59 pm

Despite the efforts of the club - the matchday atmosphere is not as it should be.For me a massive part of this - and could be clearly seen at Ninian Park - was the banter between both sets of supporters. I am not saying violence - I mean banter and chanting. Surely this could be easily remedied bu swapping the Canton Stand with the Family stand. A simple solution and everyone will benefit. The police would still be able to police it it well. The whole matchday atmosphere would be better for both young and old.

Re: The Missing Support

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:26 pm

Clubs like man Utd and arsenal get big crowds but their atmospheres are poor.city have to do what they have failed to do for nearly 70 years get to the top flight and stay there.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 pm

Brezza wrote:Despite the efforts of the club - the matchday atmosphere is not as it should be.For me a massive part of this - and could be clearly seen at Ninian Park - was the banter between both sets of supporters. I am not saying violence - I mean banter and chanting. Surely this could be easily remedied bu swapping the Canton Stand with the Family stand. A simple solution and everyone will benefit. The police would still be able to police it it well. The whole matchday atmosphere would be better for both young and old.

what police? have about half a dozen if that in ground on normal game increased for leeds wurzels ect, how long do you think it would be before there is trouble in ground? then what back to bubble games away after years trying to get supporters freedom to go where and when we like at away games. atmosphere is governed by the match more entertaining and exciting the better atmosphere is, past games have shown that :thumbup:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Brezza wrote:Despite the efforts of the club - the matchday atmosphere is not as it should be.For me a massive part of this - and could be clearly seen at Ninian Park - was the banter between both sets of supporters. I am not saying violence - I mean banter and chanting. Surely this could be easily remedied bu swapping the Canton Stand with the Family stand. A simple solution and everyone will benefit. The police would still be able to police it it well. The whole matchday atmosphere would be better for both young and old.

Plenty of seats next to the away fans every week. people don't want to sit there. I don't go along with this ideal at all. People I know in the canton are happy where they are.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:30 pm

skiprat wrote:Clubs like man Utd and arsenal get big crowds but their atmospheres are poor.city have to do what they have failed to do for nearly 70 years get to the top flight and stay there.

I think one of the reasons for the poor atmospheres at places like old Trafford and The Emirates is down to the cost of attending. A lot of traditional working class fans have been priced out of the game. It looks as if football has been aiming their sport at a different kind of audience in modern times, and a lot of the people attending do so because it's the fashionable thing to do. Not sure exactly how much Arsenal charge for a ticket, but I imagine an adult taking a couple of children is not cheap. I can see the cheapest available ticket for their home match against Palace is £62, plus whatever the children cost. I am guessing that there would'nt be much change if any from £100 for tickets, plus programmes etc. Quite a chunk out of the weekly wage of many fans.
Plenty of other reasons as well I think such as all seater stadiums, TV showing live games and more, but the whole matchday experience is different now to when I first started following football.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:49 pm

Pricing the working man out of football whilst those greedy bast... are on 200 grand a week. Clubs so filthy rich they can take 25 million hits on players leaving on a free. How much could clubs reduce season tickets if they are willing to take hits like that. Arm chair fans couldn't give a toss because they dont have to pay to go when they can just watch on the telly.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Plenty of seats next to the away fans every week. people don't want to sit there. I don't go along with this ideal at all. People I know in the canton are happy where they are.

Totally agree 8 sit right next to the away fans and loads of seats people could sit in ,when we play Leeds Bristol etc it's packed a d bouncing around me rest of the time not that busy ,if people want to move there they could

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:55 am

You can’t blame the club and expect them to just “swap stands”. You pick your own seats not the other way around, whoever wants to be close to the away fans should purchase tickets near the away stand (in Ninian).

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:06 am

You don't need 'banter' to create an atmosphere, you simply need passion to support your team. TBH for a long while now I have questioned whether the Canton Stand is fit for purpose as a 'singing area' because the fans there don't seem bothered 90% of the time.

I just wish they would try a little harder rather than finding excuses like not being next to the away fans for not doing so.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Vocal support in the Family stand is crap. Pull your fingers out and start singing and shouting for the team. I am in the family stand and when I shout kids turn around and look at me as if to say what are you doing. Most kids have to much to say for themselves today so start saying something during the game. :banghead: