Marquee Signing

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:55 am

So it’s all fine quiet recently over a big signing
Last week everyone was talking about it

Will there even be a marquee signing or was it all a load of bull

Re: Marquee Signing

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:02 am

Don't think there was ever going to be one

If you listened to the interviews with Tan and Dalman over the xmas period both were pretty adamant there is money available but no huge amount

In fairness Warnock said he was hoping to bring in 2/3 players as long as he kept within his budget

Still think there are going to be 2 more signings but neither will be regarded as a marquee signings

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:06 am

Well if we get another two like Yanic W, I'll be happy .
Don't need big names just better players .

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:27 am

nojac wrote:Well if we get another two like Yanic W, I'll be happy .
Don't need big names just better players .

100% correct..the team spirit is obviously spot on at present, the last thing we need is a billy big bollux on big wages upsetting everything

Whoever we get in you can guarantee the back room staff will have done their homework and he will put a shift in

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:29 am

I don't think the term marquee signing was used by anyone at the club anyway but its a nice slogan to use when you want a bitch at what, the half way stage in the window. :lol:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:26 am

I thought the club had been clear that there was not going to be much money available, and that we knew Warnock was going to have to be doing a clever bit of wheeling and dealing if we were to bring players in this January. Have to remember the club's big debts have not just vanished because they are not talked about so much, they are still there for the time being.