Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Callum Paterson:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:55 am

Paterson reckons Cardiff 'wobble' is over

After netting a brace in the emphatic demolition of Sunderland at the weekend, Bluebirds full-back Callum Paterson now believes his side can forget about a diffcult festive period and strengthen their bid for promotion to the Premier League.

Paterson, who played in an unfamiliar central midfield role, told the BBC after the game:

CALLUM PATERSON:

“Hopefully we’ve got our wobble out of the way and now the only way is up,”
“I think we needed a lift because we’ve been struggling in the last four or five games.
“Everyone struggles at some point in a season and hopefully this can be the kick-start we need to get us back up to where we want to be.
“I wouldn’t say I noticed the mood shift in the four games we lost, but from the start of this week we all noticed a massive lift.
“Everyone was up for training, buzzing, and it paid off for us.
“We’ve had a tough schedule like everybody else so we can’t use that as an excuse.
“It was just a blip and everyone has them, so hopefully we can put it behind them and move on.”

Re: Callum Paterson:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:Paterson reckons Cardiff 'wobble' is over

After netting a brace in the emphatic demolition of Sunderland at the weekend, Bluebirds full-back Callum Paterson now believes his side can forget about a diffcult festive period and strengthen their bid for promotion to the Premier League.

Paterson, who played in an unfamiliar central midfield role, told the BBC after the game:

CALLUM PATERSON:

“Hopefully we’ve got our wobble out of the way and now the only way is up,”
“I think we needed a lift because we’ve been struggling in the last four or five games.
“Everyone struggles at some point in a season and hopefully this can be the kick-start we need to get us back up to where we want to be.
“I wouldn’t say I noticed the mood shift in the four games we lost, but from the start of this week we all noticed a massive lift.
“Everyone was up for training, buzzing, and it paid off for us.
“We’ve had a tough schedule like everybody else so we can’t use that as an excuse.
“It was just a blip and everyone has them, so hopefully we can put it behind them and move on.”

Hopefully he is right, we looked a lot better that's for sure.

He is a very versatile player for us, can play in a number of positions, very committed and a great long throw, I think he is getting us to the Championship and will only get better for the rest of the season. :ayatollah: