Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Mansfield - visiting fan info "

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Afternoon guys,

Just a bit of information for any of you coming to Mansfield tomorrow evening, i've heard you've sold just shy of 500, are you likely to be bringing anymore? We have 300 tickets left in the home end so should be nearly a sell out in home areas, 7,000/7,500ish.

For those who haven't been to Mansfield before there are plenty of places to drink and also park but do arrive early as our crowd will be double what it usually is! The ground is within 10 minutes of the town centre, plenty of pubs around there The Railway is very popular with visiting fans as well as The Swan and The Byron, we also have 2 Weatherspoons which are located on Leeming Street. If you are staying closer to the ground then The Talbot on Nottingham Road welcomes visiting fans and Il Rosso which is over the road (bit pricy though). We do have our own bar at the ground, Sandy Pate Sports Bar which does welcome away fans, it may not tomorrow night due to the increase in attendance.

Lots of street parking is available just off Nottingham Road, there is also retail outlets around however avoid parking on there as they do ticket people! We do have a number of pay and display car parks around as well.

Looking forward to the game, if we play as well as we did in the first game i think we have a very good chance. It will be very tough though.

All the best (apart from tomorrow)

Re: Mansfield - visiting fan info

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:12 pm

mansfieldinpeace wrote:Afternoon guys,

Just a bit of information for any of you coming to Mansfield tomorrow evening, i've heard you've sold just shy of 500, are you likely to be bringing anymore? We have 300 tickets left in the home end so should be nearly a sell out in home areas, 7,000/7,500ish.

For those who haven't been to Mansfield before there are plenty of places to drink and also park but do arrive early as our crowd will be double what it usually is! The ground is within 10 minutes of the town centre, plenty of pubs around there The Railway is very popular with visiting fans as well as The Swan and The Byron, we also have 2 Weatherspoons which are located on Leeming Street. If you are staying closer to the ground then The Talbot on Nottingham Road welcomes visiting fans and Il Rosso which is over the road (bit pricy though). We do have our own bar at the ground, Sandy Pate Sports Bar which does welcome away fans, it may not tomorrow night due to the increase in attendance.

Lots of street parking is available just off Nottingham Road, there is also retail outlets around however avoid parking on there as they do ticket people! We do have a number of pay and display car parks around as well.

Looking forward to the game, if we play as well as we did in the first game i think we have a very good chance. It will be very tough though.

Cheers for the info :thumbright:

If we play like we did in first game you may well win it.

5-1 Cardiff :D

Re: " Mansfield - visiting fan info "

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:36 pm

mansfieldinpeace wrote:Afternoon guys,

Cheers for the info fella

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:13 pm

Thanks for the info matey :thumbup:

If we play as well as we 2nd half against Sunderland against you boys tomorrow night, I can see us putting 3 past you at least, have a good one mate :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Just looked up the distance from the Weatherspoons on Leeming Street to the stadium and it's 9.1 miles away! Think I will give the Weatherspoons a swerve on this occasion. :lol:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Just looked up the distance from the Weatherspoons on Leeming Street to the stadium and it's 9.1 miles away! Think I will give the Weatherspoons a swerve on this occasion. :lol:

Are you sure that's not 0.9 miles.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:06 pm

epping blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Just looked up the distance from the Weatherspoons on Leeming Street to the stadium and it's 9.1 miles away! Think I will give the Weatherspoons a swerve on this occasion. :lol:

Are you sure that's not 0.9 miles.

You're right, the correct postcode for the stadium is NG18 5DA.

It displayed a different postcode when I did a search just now which was 9.1 miles away. :lol:

The Weatherspoons on Leeming Street is 0.9 miles away from the stadium.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:38 pm

We have 2 x Weatherspoons which are next door to each other. Stag & Pheasant & The Widow Frost (Stag & Pheasant is the better of the two). Postcode is NG18 1NU and is around 10 mins walk from the stadium.

If travelling up by car it might be worth getting off the M1 at Junction 28 rather than Junction 27 as traffic can be pretty heavy getting into Mansfield. J28 will take you along the A38 which has pubs including John Cockle and The Bold Forester, very popular with away fans.

Have a safe trip, enjoy your evening at a proper L2 football ground and may the best team win!

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:03 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Thanks for the info matey :thumbup:

If we play as well as we 2nd half against Sunderland against you boys tomorrow night, I can see us putting 3 past you at least, have a good one mate :bluescarf:

If they go down to 10 men that is and are as shite as Sunderland...which is doubtful :bluebird: