Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" COULD SOUTHAMPTON COME IN FOR JOE RALLS? "

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:13 pm

CARDIFF CITY LYNCHPIN WOULD BE THE IDEAL SOUTHAMPTON SIGNING THIS MONTH TO MAINTAIN PREMIER LEAGUE STATUS
By Andrew Simeoni

Monday 15th Jan 2018

Southampton threw away an opportunity to pull clear of the bottom three this weekend, after a stirring Watford comeback at Vicarage Road ensured the spoils were shared in a 2-2 draw.

The Saints had led by two goals to nil thanks to James Ward-Prowse’s impressive double, but goals from Andre Gray and Abdoulaye Doucoure ensure Southampton remain just one place above the relegation places. Fans here in The Transfer Tavern watched in disbelief as Doucoure’s late equaliser went in, and were visibly fuming with their side’s inability to see out the game. Our landlord caught up with fans when tensions had simmered, with fans keen to vent their frustration to our resident football expert.

The guys from the south coast are desperate to see the club begin to spend the fortune acquired from the sale of Virgil van Dijk, and a move for Cardiff midfielder Joe Ralls appeared a popular choice after the player impressed for the Bluebirds during the televised lunchtime kick-off against Sunderland on Saturday afternoon.

The 24-year-old has been sensational for the high-flying side from South Wales, and his seven goals and two assists from the middle of the park have seen the player’s stock rise in recent months.

With the Saints midfield lacking bite and creativity at times, Ralls appears to be exactly what manager Mauricio Pellegrino needs, and the player should be available for a fee which will appear to be a mere drop in the ocean compared to the mammoth fee received for Dutchman, van Dijk.

Born in Aldershot, a return to Hampshire could also appeal to the player who has been with the Bluebirds since 2010 having been picked up from non-league Farnborough, and this transfer could make perfect sense for both the Saints and the player, although Cardiff boss Neil Warnock is sure to put up a fight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: COULD SOUTHAMPTON COME IN FOR JOE RALLS?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:16 pm

Im pretty sure that's Joe Bennett in the picture :lol:

I can only see it happening if they offered to loan him back.

Or we turn down a big offer then next season the fans moan we should have sold him after a couple of under par performances after an injury :lol:

Hope he stays though, I don't see us selling much this month.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Im pretty sure that's Joe Bennett in the picture :lol:

Or we turn down a big offer then next season the fans moan we should have sold him after a couple of under par performances after an injury :lol:

Yep that's a picture of Bennett :lol:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:19 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

In fairness they do look like :lol:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:23 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

My bad :lol: I was on way out and it was actually under 'Joe Ralls Images' on Google! :?

Corrected now and thanks to 1980's Bluebird for letting me know immediately :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Here's a few 'Joe Ralls Lookalikes' just for you... :laughing6: :laughing6:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:32 pm

Made up bollocks. Ralls had an outstanding game Saturday so some Saints fan jurno type thought he’d make up some bollicks story about Ralls going to Southampton.

Silly season.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:33 pm

Where has my post gone, it’s been deleted, why?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:35 pm

hang on, that picture must be ralls... its after the second goal :lol:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:42 pm

There’s are some people who need to stop in spec savers the initial picture is of Joe Ralls!

I can see this could be the type of club Ralls would develop at. Interesting link

That is Joe Ralls in the photo! LOL

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

That is Joe Ralls just after scoring on Saturday. You can see Ken in the background after just putting in the cross. Bennett was nowhere near.

And funnily enough I have just come back from Specsavers having had an eye test (true).

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:44 pm

The initial picture was originally of Joe Bennett, Chris has now updated it to Ralls :thumbright:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:48 pm

paulh_85 wrote:hang on, that picture must be ralls... its after the second goal :lol:

It is now :lol:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:50 pm

After his goal against Sunderland, Joe Ralls currently leads the ranks as the Bluebirds' top goalscorer. He's also equalled the same amount of goals he managed in the 15/16 and 16/17 season combined.

Re: " COULD SOUTHAMPTON COME IN FOR JOE RALLS? "

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:13 pm

£15m plus 20%sell on fee.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:30 pm

That’s last seasons kit duuu

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:32 pm

NIBluebird wrote:£15m plus 20%sell on fee.

doubt we'd get half that

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:44 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:£15m plus 20%sell on fee.

doubt we'd get half that

thats the point i think. overprice to not sell.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:50 pm

Joe Ralls plays number 8 for the city. There might be a clue on the shorts :thumbright:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:52 pm

Would rather sell joe than Morrison
End of season sale if we dont go up.
10m plus sell ons

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:01 pm

Man of Harlech wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

That is Joe Ralls just after scoring on Saturday. You can see Ken in the background after just putting in the cross. Bennett was nowhere near.

And funnily enough I have just come back from Specsavers having had an eye test (true).

It is now but wasn't originally it has been changed

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:50 pm

I personally think in the current market he is worth at least £10mill after his performances this season so would be very disappointed if we listened to any offers below that. Also if the player has any say in it, why would he want to leave an exciting team that's fighting for promotion for a team that's falling apart?... :?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:02 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Man of Harlech wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

It is now but wasn't originally it has been changed

I edited it :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:18 pm

Keep all our best players. Nuff said.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:49 pm

That picture is 100% Joe Ralls the tattoo on his left arm is the give away, Bennett has a tattoo on both arms. The number 8 on the shorts is the biggest clue though.

The rest is a made up story and the way Joe is playing right now it's a story that will run and run.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:51 pm

I think there is a real danger that a premier league team (not necessarilly Southampton) will come in for Ralls. Vital we keep him! I was going to do a post on it, but cos of another similar post on his market value I didn't bother.

It was not only the Sunderland game where the Sky commentator ands pundits have praised him ....they have said positive things about him even when we lost.new was superb against Sunderland and it was there for all to see.
There is a real lack of decent English midfielders at present. (Don't laugh ...but is Ralls much worse than Henderson and he's in the England team / squad!!)
To sell Ralls at present with our limited options in midfield would sink any hopes of auto places and put a top 7 finish in real doubt. IMO it would be more damaging than selling Zahore. :bluebird:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:22 pm

castleblue wrote:That picture is 100% Joe Ralls the tattoo on his left arm is the give away, Bennett has a tattoo on both arms. The number 8 on the shorts is the biggest clue though.

The rest is a made up story and the way Joe is playing right now it's a story that will run and run.

Yeah is now, the clue from the messages above is its been changed :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:46 pm

castleblue wrote:That picture is 100% Joe Ralls the tattoo on his left arm is the give away, Bennett has a tattoo on both arms. The number 8 on the shorts is the biggest clue though.

Jeez read the thread!

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:50 pm

Regards to the OP I think it’s probably a lazy, made up story.

I hope we can hang on to him as I’ve always been an advocate of keeping our best players especially when we’re trying to build something at long last.
He’s at a great age and although I haven’t always been his biggest fan I think he’ll only improve.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:05 pm

i'm not sure he has the technical skills to be a premier league player, his first touch means he is always short of time on the ball, and players have even less time on the ball in the PL. that said, there have been plenty of midfielders who have competed effectively at that level with other attributes like work rate and defensive skills.

if he does get a move, he should go with every city's fan's blessing - he has given everything for the team.