Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stoke City's New Manager

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:09 pm

Stoke City are delighted to confirm the appointment of Paul Lambert as the Club’s new manager
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Stoke City's New Manager

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Hmm sack Hughes and employ Lambert.
Can't help thinking plan A fell through.....

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Stoke City are delighted to confirm the appointment of Paul Lambert as the Club’s new manager

Not great is it ?

I suppose it could have been worse, it could have been Ole Gunner or Bob Bradley ??

Them and Swansea now favorites to go down ?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:52 pm

Lambert must have 4th or 5th choice, hardly inspires confidence does it.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Not the appointment to keep them up. Paddy Power are paying out on them to be relegated after this appointment :lol:

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:06 pm

it was a poor decision IMO for them to sack sparky. they'd been in a prolonged run of poor form, but have more than enough quality to comfortably stay up.

clearly they have been rejected by their first choice, and possibly even second and third (or more). for me they are more likely to go down now. lambert is a good manager, but not as good as sparky IMO.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Very underwhelming , all the Stoke fans who wanted Hughes out, I bet they are very pleased.
Be careful what you wish for.
It's like going to bed with Scarlet Johansson and waking up with Mrs Brown .

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:13 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Stoke City are delighted to confirm the appointment of Paul Lambert as the Club’s new manager

Not great is it ?

I suppose it could have been worse, it could have been Ole Gunner or Bob Bradley ??

Them and Swansea now favorites to go down ?

That's what I'm worried about. I don't want anyone else to give the gyps a chance and I thought stoke would have to much about them.
Saying that a stoke and swansea relegation double would be wonderful cos I hate the both!

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:02 pm

Very poor appointment in my opinion. You would have thought that Stoke would have had a better replacement in the bag before sacking Hughes :?