Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' MANSFIELD TOWN ARE READY & CONFIDENT '

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Pearce insists Stags are confident ahead of Bluebirds clash

Mansfield Town FC

Monday 15th Jan 2018

The Home end is virtually sold out, but the Bluebirds have sold less than half their allocation.

Commanding defender Krystian Pearce believes Stags are capable of beating Championship opponents Cardiff City in their Emirates FA Cup third round replay tomorrow night and setting up a mouth-watering tie with Manchester City.

Premier League leaders Manchester City await the winners of tomorrow night's tie in the fourth round and supporters have until 5pm today to purchase their tickets in person or via telephone (01623 482 482) or until midnight from http://www.stagstickets.co.uk.

With less than 200 home seats available for tomorrow's match, Pearce has emphasised just how significant a role the fans will play in the tie.

"The fans are going to be massive for us; I think they'll give us a big lift, so the more the merrier," Pearce said.

The Bluebirds have sold less than half their allocation.

"I think confidence is high. I think we all know we are capable of beating them. I think maybe we should have nicked it at their place but I'm confident we will do enough to get the win here.

"It's taken time for us to start gelling but I think we're starting to gel now, I think we've got more of a settled team now and I think we're starting to look a threat to the league."

Former Torquay United man Pearce has been standing in as captain for the injured Zander Diamond recently and feels honoured to lead the Stags out on a matchday.

"I think maybe we should have nicked it at their place but I'm confident we will do enough to get the win here."
Krystian Pearce, defender
"It's a personal honour for me to be the stand-in captain so long may it continue. I think I've been doing well, hopefully I can improve on my performances and keep getting better with each game."

When questioned about the style of play the Stags could adopt against the Bluebirds, Pearce gave his ideas on how to beat such strong opposition in Cardiff City.

"I think we'll aim to hit them on the counter attack. We also need to try and stay solid and compact."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.