Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' I thought Cardiff Fans Might Love These Pics '

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:NINIAN PARK :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Two different time spans. The BobBank was not roofed until about 1960, along with the four corner flood light towers.

The old Grange was built of timber, and you could walk through under it, too the BobBank. All this was demolished around 1978/79.

The Grandstand extensions was completed about 1970/71.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:33 am

rumpo kid wrote:The floodlights are there, weren’t they erected c.62 - steam in the background at Canton sheds, so maybe pre-1968?

Erected in the 60/61 season and updated c.1968/69 when they were dubbed the best floodlights outside Wembley Stadium!

I always loved the night games at Ninian Park. The floodlights Game for a great atmosphere for me! :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:52 am

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:09 am

Fantastic photos for anyone who Has the old Ninian Park in their blood.
I was also shagging a bird in one of those houses behind the Grange End in the 70’s so had the best of both worlds :laughing6:
Happy days!

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:16 am

Sam ReaN wrote:Makes me sad that Cardiff are not there, I always loved Ninian Park I feel that the new stadium has no atmosphere and that is because we moved stadium, I know that it will never happen BUT I just wish that someday we might go back. I loved that place, don't get me wrong I like the stadium we have today but it is never the same as the good old days. :ayatollah:

how can we go back to something that's been demolished !? :laughing5:

I'd trade the CCS for it given the opportunity mind.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 am

Surely that captain morgan rum advert on the top of the stand (first pic) is never the same one as I can remember from the 70's.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:18 pm

77/78 season form me, first time in Ninian Park against Sunderland,think it was floodlights and we won 5-2......Fell in love for the first time :old:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:05 pm

Cantonblu wrote:Surely that captain morgan rum advert on the top of the stand (first pic) is never the same one as I can remember from the 70's.

The Captain Morgan advert was painted in 1960 and stayed there til 2002.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Does anyone remember a six a side comp. held at NP in the late 60s

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:09 pm

Probably the Welsh soccer sixes. There was a few of them played every year not always at NP but a few were.