Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

£10 million man Rodwell now free agent

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:22 pm

He has had his contract terminated by Sunderland...he is now a free agent...he has been on huge wages but a free transfer may be worth looking at if he agrees to reasonible wages....maybe a trial or something? He was once a very good player

Re: £10 million man Rodwell now free agent

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:41 pm

Been injured for years..... Big no from me!

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:10 am

If he's fit go and get him

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:20 am

If he came here it would have to be on a pay as you play deal which is unlikely as someone will probably offer him a long term sickness contract.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:33 am

According to Sky Rodwell and his agent haven’t yet responded to the clubs offer to cancel his contract.
He’s on £70,000 a week so I can’t see him coming here for £15,000 or whatever!

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:47 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:According to Sky Rodwell and his agent haven’t yet responded to the clubs offer to cancel his contract.

It would be a huge bonus after playing a certain number of games or promotion I guess?

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Seems like a player who needs a fresh start and a new challenge, under a manager who can help his career. I'm not against it, could be genius or a disaster.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:46 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:According to Sky Rodwell and his agent haven’t yet responded to the clubs offer to cancel his contract.

I cant see anyone paying a fee for him or in my opinion anything approaching 15 k a week. So either Sunderland take a hit and agree a very significant payoff or he takes a big hit out of the £ 5 million in wages due to him. Alternatively he sits there and picks up 70k a week for the next 18 months.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:57 pm

So much potential this lad but his injuries have hit him hard, if he was willing to drop to £20k a week and Warnock got him as fit as an ox then we'd have a very good midfielder in our midst but can't see it happening.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:05 pm

to be honest i'd rather a player of slightly less ability who needs to succeed, rather than one who thinks he's doing you a favour. it's pot luck whether these signings work out.