Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Cardiff lead the way on Lewis Grabban “

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:34 pm

I know that, it would be an hell of a statement if we buy him.
Also he will probably still command a fair resale value .
If it doesn't work out.
I can't see us getting him , but if we do, we have our marquee signing.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:34 pm

wez1927 wrote:
nojac wrote:£4m fee been offered,I can't see that to be honest .
All these rumours floating around , 2 strikers and 2 midfielders , loans and buys.
Well at least it's not boring.
The only LG we'll end up signing will be a 55" for the players lounge ;)

Why not ? 1 million a season for next 4 years? It's peanuts in football terms

Wez, I agree and it could/might just be that the club are prepared to 'back' the manager on this one, if it can be done within other constraints :thumbright:

Nothing confirmed but the more positive amongst us live in hope that it happens rather than the negativos who seem to be hoping it doesn't, so they can have something else to mock the club with! :(

Third in the Championship table at the halfway point and to me the glass is half full rather than half empty! :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:38 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
All these rumours floating around , 2 strikers and 2 midfielders , loans and buys.

Wez, I agree and it could/might just be that the club are prepared to 'back' the manager on this one, if it can be done within other constraints :thumbright:

Nothing confirmed but the more positive amongst us live in hope that it happens rather than the negativos who seem to be hoping it doesn't, so they can have something else to mock the club with! :(

Third in the Championship table at the halfway point and to me the glass is half full rather than half empty! :bluescarf:

Well said, Chris.
Agree with all you said there mate. :thumbup:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

People are think that we would part with 4 million cash upfront but it doesn't work like that it will be split over a number of years

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:53 pm

I hope we get him , but I've been disappointed by other (nearly there) transfers.
But at least we have a manager in charge , who is well respected in football .
By other managers and players, so we have a chance of getting some of our targets in,by the end of the month .
But I think we're all impatient( especially me)and want it all done yesterday .

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:04 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Chris I'd love to get grabbon and not being negative I just can't see why Bournemouth would take a 6m loss on him and how we'd afford his wages. I doubt hes on less than 30k a week after a 10m transfer.

Where's the 4m figure come from?

Its all good saying spread it over four years 'it's peanuts' but that's not really the case.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:10 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Chris I'd love to get grabbon and not being negative I just can't see why Bournemouth would take a 6m loss on him and how we'd afford his wages. I doubt hes on less than 30k a week after a 10m transfer.

Its all good saying spread it over four years 'it's peanuts' but that's not really the case.

That accepted our 3m bid years ago can't see it going up

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:12 pm

If he signs, he should definitely inherit the Magic Hat!!

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:18 pm

Grabban 4m???? Hmmm

Martin going out on loan now?

I would take both of them if possible be a good 20-25 goals in those 2 alone till the end of the season.

We can ponder and hope

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Sven wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:My nan works in the club canteen. I've been told on good authority.

Won't happen.

Thanks for your continued but immature input to a decent thread! #BlueThreadSpoiler ;) :roll: :oops:

Thanks for your response & emoji’s all the same.

Continued immature input? There was nothing immature about my first post, and I’ve reiterated on other posts to back up exactly what I mean. But you’ve jumped on it anyway, when I’m just voicing my opinion.

When the rules of the forum change, let me know. Until then I’ll post what I like.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:03 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Jack, I'm not sure how the deal would work and (to date) no one has confirmed it's even likely to go ahead but it's one of the better potential signings associated to us. From the media, it seems Bournemouth are ready to cut their losses on Grabban and want a permanent transfer to occur and City have stolen a march on others in negotiations.

As I said, I hope it will happen but with this club who knows? :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:04 pm

BlueDredd wrote:My nan works in the club canteen. I've been told on good authority.

Won't happen.

You Nan could be sacked because of your big gob. :lol:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:55 pm

LATEST REPORT ON LEWIS GRABBAN
By Darren Plant (Filed: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 18:47 UK)

Cardiff City have reportedly open negotiations with Bournemouth regarding the potential transfer of Lewis Grabban.

During the first half of the campaign, Grabban was on loan at Sunderland, with 12 goals being scored in 19 appearances for the Championship outfit.

Grabban has since returned to the Cherries, but manager Eddie Howe has admitted that the 30-year-old could leave in January and according to the Bournemouth Echo, Cardiff and the South-coast outfit are discussing terms for the forward.

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock is keen to strengthen his promotion-chasing squad before the end of the month, and the Bluebirds chief is seemingly keen to sign Grabban ahead of some of their rivals.

Aston Villa, Bristol City and Middlesbrough are also said to hold an interest in the player, with Bournemouth likely to be more inclined to accept permanent offers rather than settling for a second loan deal.