Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CAMERON JEROME SET TO SIGN FOR...

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:22 am

Norwich City transfer rumours: Jerome set for medical at Championship rivals Derby
By David Freezer

Cameron Jerome is reportedly set for a medical at Derby.

Tuesday 16th Jan 2018

Norwich City striker Cameron Jerome is due to have a medical at Derby County on Tuesday ahead of the completion of a £1.5million switch.

Telegraph reporter John Percy has this evening posted on Twitter that the 31-year-old will have his Rams medical tomorrow, after the Canaries accepted the promotion chasers’ bid – which would rise to £2m if the Rams are promoted.

Jerome has scored 42 goals in 138 matches since joining from Stoke for a deal reportedly worth around £1.5m in August 2014, helping City to promotion, scoring at Wembley in the play-off final victory over Middlesbrough in May 2015.

After scoring just three goals in 35 games as City were relegated from the Premier League the next season he found form against in 2016-17 with 16 goals in 41 games.

However, a back injury and just two goals in 17 matches have seen the former Stoke and Cardiff striker become a peripheral figure under Daniel Farke this season.

His last start came in a 2-1 defeat at lowly Bolton on November 4, with just two brief substitute appearances during the 12 matches since.

Cardiff, Birmingham and Fulham have also been linked with interest in signing the former England Under-21 international during the current transfer window but it seems the Rams have won the race for his signature.

Gary Rowett’s in-form side are currently second in the Championship table, 10 points adrift of leaders Wolves but only two clear of third-placed Cardiff.

The Telegraph also report that Beccles-born former Canaries striker Chris Martin will leave Pride Park on loan again to help finance the deal, with Leeds, reading and Fulham all keen on the Scotland international.

Re: CAMERON JEROME SET TO SIGN FOR...

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:48 am

Derby have been down this road before with the likes of Darren Bent and look where that got them.

There will be fears there that they will bottle it again.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:43 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Derby have been down this road before with the likes of Darren Bent and look where that got them.

Not as big an outlay as Bent was though. They loaned Bent and he scored 10 in 15 so they were definitely gonna sign him. They are flying though and going for the big push.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Just hope we can get Grabban. Better player all round.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:52 pm

Wouldn't have minded Cameron Jerome until I realised he is 31, that makes me feel old. at 1.5m no for me, we need better value and potential sell on ability to keep the club progressing.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:16 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Derby have been down this road before with the likes of Darren Bent and look where that got them.

There isn't any fears' from us at all. We're looking much better than we did previous seasons.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Chris Martin going the other way, I just read ?

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:22 am

DEL84 wrote:

There isn't any fears' from us at all. We're looking much better than we did previous seasons.

What an absolute idiot you are.

I'll change the word fear to shitting it so much so you have reverted to cheating now.