' Callum Paterson '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Callum Paterson '

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:21 am

Paterson In Team Of The Week (16/1/18)

' Callum Paterson '

Cardiff City are represented in the latest Football League team of the week that has been selected after this week's action.

The performance by Callum Paterson in the four nil victory over Sunderland at the weekend at the Cardiff City Stadium was enough to earn them a place in the side alongside the other most impressive performers in the Football League pyramid.

I think we'll already know ourselves, and not just based on the latest performance, why Paterson was selected as part of the team but explaining the choice - the FL blurb read.

'Cardiff City were on a run of four consecutive defeats before welcoming Sunderland to the Welsh capital, and the Black Cats were blown away by four second-half goals. Two of those came from Paterson who lined up in midfield rather than his usual position on the right side of the defence — Neil Warnock`s positional change proving inspired.'

It's always good to see the club represented in this way, and well played to Paterson for his recognition, but the most important thing about the weekend was of course the win.

Full Team:

Christy Pym (Exeter City), Luke Leahy (Walsall), Charlie Mulgrew (Blackburn Rovers), Ash Taylor (Northampton Town), Tafari Moore (Wycombe Wanderers), Lee Martin (Gillingham), James Maddison (Norwich City), Callum Paterson (Cardiff City) :bluebird: , Johnny Russell (Derby County), Paddy Madden (Scunthorpe United), Enzio Boldewijn (Crawley Town), Jack Lester (Chesterfield).
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

' Callum Paterson '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Callum Paterson '

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:33 am

Paterson is an interesting lad because I'm not sure exactly what his natural position is?

I just have a feeling that central midfield might just turnout to be his best position. A goal scoring CM is something every club dreams of and we might just have stumbled on a very good one.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:05 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Paterson is an interesting lad because I'm not sure exactly what his natural position is?

I just have a feeling that central midfield might just turnout to be his best position. A goal scoring CM is something every club dreams of and we might just have stumbled on a very good one.

Not sure about CM but he's definitely got something different...his goal scoring record for a defender/wing back/midfielder is exceptional and to be fair looks like a natural finisher in front of goal

When fully fit is going to be a more than useful player whatever position it's in
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby AfricanBluebird » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:13 am

He is an interesting player.

Got a little bit of everything hasn't he?

He went from receiving criticism from fans in the first half against Sunderland to the football league team of the week performance in the second.

He did look a little lost at times but the early goal seemed to settle him. I think he looks best at full-back at the moment to be honest but he definitely has the attributes to play in midfield, I guess he just needs more game time there and learn better positioning and when to, and not to, move forward.

He is also still young and seems to learn quickly.

Great capture by the club
AfricanBluebird

Postby Bluebird For Life » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:Paterson In Team Of The Week (16/1/18)

' Callum Paterson '

Cardiff City are represented in the latest Football League team of the week that has been selected after this week's action.

The performance by Callum Paterson in the four nil victory over Sunderland at the weekend at the Cardiff City Stadium was enough to earn them a place in the side alongside the other most impressive performers in the Football League pyramid.

I think we'll already know ourselves, and not just based on the latest performance, why Paterson was selected as part of the team but explaining the choice - the FL blurb read.

'Cardiff City were on a run of four consecutive defeats before welcoming Sunderland to the Welsh capital, and the Black Cats were blown away by four second-half goals. Two of those came from Paterson who lined up in midfield rather than his usual position on the right side of the defence — Neil Warnock`s positional change proving inspired.'

It's always good to see the club represented in this way, and well played to Paterson for his recognition, but the most important thing about the weekend was of course the win.

Full Team:

Christy Pym (Exeter City), Luke Leahy (Walsall), Charlie Mulgrew (Blackburn Rovers), Ash Taylor (Northampton Town), Tafari Moore (Wycombe Wanderers), Lee Martin (Gillingham), James Maddison (Norwich City), Callum Paterson (Cardiff City) :bluebird: , Johnny Russell (Derby County), Paddy Madden (Scunthorpe United), Enzio Boldewijn (Crawley Town), Jack Lester (Chesterfield).

Wow - all I can say is that some of those League One player must have played like Messi to keep Joe Ralls out of that team :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Bluebird For Life

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:50 am

I think Right back is his least natural position but I suppose you'd have to ask Paterson where he feels most comfortable.
I think you could put him anywhere on the pitch and he'd be happy to play.

What a great addition to the squad :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Return to General Chat