Those moaning about Giggs's commitment to Wales?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Jasonccfc » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:05 pm

Where the hell were you when we were shit?
Italy , Germany and a few others aside most Welsh crowds were on par with championship or league 1 attendances.
Wales didn't have many commited fans back then most just picked and choose games.
Most moaning about Gigg's commitment to Wales are hypocrites :thumbright:
I await the "I was there on a wet and windy Tuesday night in Faroe Islands :laughing6:
Jasonccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Those moaning about Giggs's commitment to Wales?

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Top post!! Giggs is our manager come on Wales let's get in the euros!!!
WelshPatriot

Postby Jasonccfc » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:23 pm

I'm not a Giggs fan but interested to see how he will do now he's been appointed.
To many willing to right him off before he even starts just because they didn't have their own way and get their choice :lol: :lol:
Jasonccfc

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:26 pm

Spot on agree with you both - Give Giggs a chance .
TopCat CCFC

Postby JamieCCFC90 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:43 pm

Giggs set the tone - when the best player couldn't be bothered (and the person we really needed to stop us being 'shit) then why should the fans turn up? You pay to see the best possible team and it's all in preparation for the big tournaments. Is it a coincidence that we started doing well when all the players, including Bale, turned up to every game?

By the way, Giggs will have my full support; I just don't think he deserves the honour of managing us. I have no clue how he'll perform, I hope he does well.
JamieCCFC90

Postby maccydee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:40 pm

JamieCCFC90 wrote:Giggs set the tone - when the best player couldn't be bothered (and the person we really needed to stop us being 'shit) then why should the fans turn up? You pay to see the best possible team and it's all in preparation for the big tournaments. Is it a coincidence that we started doing well when all the players, including Bale, turned up to every game?

By the way, Giggs will have my full support; I just don't think he deserves the honour of managing us. I have no clue how he'll perform, I hope he does well.

Bale doesn’t play a lot of friendlies.
maccydee

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:20 am

JamieCCFC90 wrote:Giggs set the tone - when the best player couldn't be bothered (and the person we really needed to stop us being 'shit) then why should the fans turn up? You pay to see the best possible team and it's all in preparation for the big tournaments. Is it a coincidence that we started doing well when all the players, including Bale, turned up to every game?

when the best player cant be bothered,then why should the fans....
Wales v Iceland {national stadium } 01.05.1991....attendance 3,656....
5 months before his debut .?
dogfound

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:38 am

Wales v Bosnia 2003 friendly

2-2

Millennium Stadium 25,000

Giggs didnt turn up but still 25,000 fans
1980s Bluebird

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:30 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Wales v Bosnia 2003 friendly

2-2

Millennium Stadium 25,000

Giggs didnt turn up but still 25,000 fans

my point was that we were capable of having poor crowds pre Ryan Giggs in response to someones claim that fans stopped because players couldnt be bothered...
dogfound

Postby northernbluebird » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:23 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:Where the hell were you when we were shit?
Italy , Germany and a few others aside most Welsh crowds were on par with championship or league 1 attendances.
Wales didn't have many commited fans back then most just picked and choose games.
Most moaning about Gigg's commitment to Wales are hypocrites :thumbright:
I await the "I was there on a wet and windy Tuesday night in Faroe Islands :laughing6:

good point - our support has been terrible. under speed and towards the end of toshack, attendances were probably a third of what they are now - and this despite tickets being cheaper, if anything.
northernbluebird

Return to General Chat