Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Alan Shearer “

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:07 pm

For those that didn’t see Alan Shearer’s comments on Match of the Day on Sunday, regarding Ryan Giggs’ appointment as Wales manager:

“It’ll be interesting to see how he gets the players to turn up for friendlies. He made his debut in ‘91, I think it was, in a qualifier. And he didn’t play in a friendly for nine years, I think, until 2000. So good luck trying to get the players together.”

Re: “ Alan Shearer “

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:57 pm

bit rich coming from someone that retired from international football aged TWENTY NINE.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:19 pm

dogfound wrote:bit rich coming from someone that retired from international football aged TWENTY NINE.

After some significant injuries, etc. Not to mention he was pretty unappreciated by media and some fans at that time, so fair play to him.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:25 pm

KWest wrote:
dogfound wrote:bit rich coming from someone that retired from international football aged TWENTY NINE.

After some significant injuries, etc. Not to mention he was pretty unappreciated by media and some fans at that time, so fair play to him.

yes i remember..he played the rest of his career on one leg and never scored another goal... :laughing5: :laughing5:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:45 pm

KWest wrote:

As you will see giggs was hardly appreciated either. Giggs did what he needed to do to preserve his career, missing friendlies seem to be one of them.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Bit like a player not playing for a manager because he's not not Welshave ? A Load of rubbish from shearer :occasion5: