Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Queue outside ticket offixe

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Quite a big queue outside ticket office today.
Thought cld only get tickets from Friday if I wanted to pick up.

Re: Queue outside ticket offixe

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:40 pm

That's correct.

Only selling to disabled supporters at the ground today apparently.

Friday and Saturday if you want to buy at the ground.

Can buy online now though! :thumbup:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:04 pm

Just got mine online, HAPPY DAYS :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:05 pm

Should not sell a ticket to anyone who hasn't been to a home game this season.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:48 pm

Dahboy wrote:Should not sell a ticket to anyone who hasn't been to a home game this season.

Not at this stage but (in all seriousness) I'd rather see a full stadium than empty spaces :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Sven wrote:
Dahboy wrote:Should not sell a ticket to anyone who hasn't been to a home game this season.

Not at this stage but (in all seriousness) I'd rather see a full stadium than empty spaces :thumbright: :ayatollah:

What about people who go away but not home games? are they less of a supporter than people who only go to home games?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Sven wrote:

Got to wait until Sunday to see if I can get my 2.

Should be enough to go around hopefully

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:13 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Sven wrote:

What about people who go away but not home games? are they less of a supporter than people who only go to home games?

who on earth goes away but never home?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:13 pm

Sven wrote:

Certainly not and hopefully you should get some.

STH get 2 just hope they only apply for what they want and not buy the extra to pass to mates who may never have been down, but hey ho that's life.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:23 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:

STH get 2 just hope they only apply for what they want and not buy the extra to pass to mates who may never have been down, but hey ho that's life.

I agree and I don't believe anyone will miss out on a ticket but maybe they won't get their 'preferred' seats

All joking apart, I'm not all that in agreement with STH getting two tickets before others. It can work where people buy tickets for 'regulars' who are not STH's (for good reasons) but it could work against if they are buying tickets for people attending the event rather than the actual game :(

I know a few who only do away games (some people live away whilst others say they are boycotting the CCS) so I can se Liam's point. But it could equally be asked "Why would they want to come to the CCS for this game and not others?". If it's a 'principle, it's a principle! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:

I agree and I don't believe anyone will miss out on a ticket but maybe they won't get their 'preferred' seats

All joking apart, I'm not all that in agreement with STH getting two tickets before others. It can work where people buy tickets for 'regulars' who are not STH's (for good reasons) but it could work against if they are buying tickets for people attending the event rather than the actual game :(

I know a few who only do away games (some people live away whilst others say they are boycotting the CCS) so I can se Liam's point. But it could equally be asked "Why would they want to come to the CCS for this game and not others?". If it's a 'principle, it's a principle! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I am one. I did attend a few games following the rebrand but it isn't the same and I don't think it will be until Tan leaves ( supporters will return )

so yes, I attend away games only at the moment. I have considered going to the Man city game as I did miss the whole of the premiership season due to the red malarkey. :thumbright:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:27 pm

Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:

I am one. I did attend a few games following the rebrand but it isn't the same and I don't think it will be until Tan leaves ( supporters will return )

so yes, I attend away games only at the moment. I have considered going to the Man city game as I did miss the whole of the premiership season due to the red malarkey. :thumbright:

so you dont go to home games because of Tan, yet your considering going to the Man City game? :laughing5:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:30 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:

so you dont go to home games because of Tan, yet your considering going to the Man City game? :laughing5:

Paul, Initially yes, I did go to a few home games following the return of the blue but it didn't feel the same ( atmosphere etc ).
I am quite happy to admit it is purely because of Man City. In all honesty I probably won't go anyway, it was just a question :thumbright:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:41 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I very seldom do home games these days. Just too old for the 400 mile round trip week in week out and once I let the season ticket lapse I barely go. In fact this year I've only come home for the Norwich game and on that basis don't really deserve a ticket. I do however go to around half the away games and last night although I didn't go I bought 5 tickets as my son persuaded 4 of the University mates to go with him. But I don't have a problem with the rules, I know and its right that season ticket holders get the absolute priority. I clearly haven't got quite the enthusiasm of 94 when I sent my late elderly parents to queue up for the tickets - they were gone half the day. As for tickets this time well I should be ok as I know a plenty of ST holders.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:47 pm

The Norwich game guarantees you a ticket
Anyone who has attended a game at CCS is entitled to purchase a ticket from saturday

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:49 pm

epping blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I very seldom do home games these days. Just too old for the 400 mile round trip week in week out and once I let the season ticket lapse I barely go. In fact this year I've only come home for the Norwich game and on that basis don't really deserve a ticket. I do however go to around half the away games and last night although I didn't go I bought 5 tickets as my son persuaded 4 of the University mates to go with him. But I don't have a problem with the rules, I know and its right that season ticket holders get the absolute priority. I clearly haven't got quite the enthusiasm of 94 when I sent my late elderly parents to queue up for the tickets - they were gone half the day. As for tickets this time well I should be ok as I know a plenty of ST holders.

fair enough, but catering to the odd person who this applies too is a little hard to imagine is all.

im sure there will be plenty of tickets flying around, not 100% convinced we will sell out to be honest.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:59 pm

Sven wrote:

what a strange posting,why would you only go to away games....very odd

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:02 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
Sven wrote:

what a strange posting,why would you only go to away games....very odd

Not strange. It happens (although not by many) mainly due to living locations ;)

Ironically, some City fans do live away! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:17 pm

Message on the other site states 18450 sold already , not including man city allowance

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:31 pm

davids wrote:That's correct.

No mate they were selling to family stand season ticket holders as well.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:59 pm

It's a joke all theses Cardiff fans going just to see Manchester city, because their sons favourite player is Aguaro. Fu@k em don't let them in I say. When man city sing your just here to see man city it couldn't be further from the truth with our plastic support. I would rather 15,000 there tbh.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:48 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Is this definitely right mate ?

I've been trying to do my tickets online but no joy. I was going to wait until Friday but if they are doing tickets for family stand early. I may pop in tomorrow.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:49 pm

brewer918 wrote:

I've been trying to do my tickets online but no joy. I was going to wait until Friday but if they are doing tickets for family stand early. I may pop in tomorrow.

Anything ??

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:49 pm

brewer918 wrote:

Anything ??

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:01 pm

That is incorrect Chief. I was there this afternoon and it was for any season ticket holders.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:03 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

That is incorrect Chief. I was there this afternoon and it was for any season ticket holders.

Nice one, Nukes! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:11 pm

Very strange post "I don't attend the CCs because of the poor atmosphere".um hello the idea of going is to watch your football team strange as it sounds.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:07 am

Nuclearblue wrote:

Mate, I was there around 11.30 am and they were saying disabled and family stands only until Friday.
With the big queue it’s possible they changed later on to stop a revolt!
:laughing6:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 am

Nuclearblue wrote:

Mate, I was there around 11.30 am and they were saying disabled and family stands only until Friday.
With the big queue it’s possible they changed later on to stop a revolt!
:laughing6:

I wouldn’t say it was a big queue just a very slow moving one. Didn’t help all the chip and pin machines were out of order. But I got my tickets sorted that is the main thing :thumbup: :bluebird:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:41 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Didn’t help all the chip and pin machines were out of order.

ffs!! :banghead: :laughing5: