Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

23,000 tickets already sold?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:40 pm

For cup game, 18,500 city fans already bought, 600 corps 4,500 away fans, cant see it as we aint got 18,500 s/t holders, maybe because s/t holders can have 2 tickets? Apparently lower tier of unused stand is nearly sold out!

Re: 23,000 tickets already sold?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:43 pm

The Cobra wrote:For cup game, 18,500 city fans already bought, 600 corps 4,500 away fans, cant see it as we aint got 18,500 s/t holders, maybe because s/t holders can have 2 tickets? Apparently lower tier of unused stand is nearly sold out!

These figures obviously before all ST holders have bought tickets?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:48 pm

A lot of fans on here did not want us to have a cup run. Personally, I would love one. As can be seen on this forum and the interest in tickets, a good draw in the cup can generate a lot of interest in the club. Just hope we can have a great day out, and put up a good show.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
The Cobra wrote:For cup game, 18,500 city fans already bought, 600 corps 4,500 away fans, cant see it as we aint got 18,500 s/t holders, maybe because s/t holders can have 2 tickets? Apparently lower tier of unused stand is nearly sold out!

Expect so as I havent yet, will do online in early hours as it should be easier then :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:01 pm

The Cobra wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Expect so as I havent yet, will do online in early hours as it should be easier then :bluescarf:

Well it'll be quieter but easier? Not if anything like people are saying on here? :laughing6:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Where has the 18,500 figure so far come from ?

Also there’s loads of season ticket holders buying Friday/Saturday as many can’t work the online system

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:07 pm

Bought a pair of tickets last night, didn't take my ST seat, took my daughter to the Mansfield game and needed two seats together. So if the club count my ST on top of the two iv'e bought, could explain the high figure.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:08 pm

CardiffCityBlue wrote:Where has the 18,500 figure so far come from ?

Also there’s loads of season ticket holders buying Friday/Saturday as many can’t work the online system

Thread on mm board

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:34 pm

It will get filled up by the time the match comes, at the moment it is season ticket holders like myself, but it will expand to other Cardiff fans on Friday and then the rest of the public on Sunday. So looking promising :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:34 pm

Are they free, lol

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:52 pm

23,000 is nonsense, I know quite a few season ticket holders who haven't even bought their tickets yet and they only started selling them last night

My guess is probably between 5-7,000 sold at most

Don't think it going to sell out completely either..30k is my guess but I would love to be proved wrong and a 33k sell out would be great

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:01 pm

BlueView wrote:Bought a pair of tickets last night, didn't take my ST seat, took my daughter to the Mansfield game and needed two seats together. So if the club count my ST on top of the two iv'e bought, could explain the high figure.

How did you get tickets if you didn’t get them through your ST?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:02 pm

It'll be a sell out no problem.

Got my two season ticket seat plus 2 for mates who will hopefully come more often.

A lot of interest for this game.

Plus the positives of two new signings ( I know only Grujic can play against Man City) + Grabban hopefully!

Things are looking more positive than this time last week!!

:ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:43 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
BlueView wrote:Bought a pair of tickets last night, didn't take my ST seat, took my daughter to the Mansfield game and needed two seats together. So if the club count my ST on top of the two iv'e bought, could explain the high figure.

Reserved my ticket, and selected 'Buy more ticket' selected the seats I wanted and went to check out.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Even though I'm a St holder I'm entitled to another ticket as I went to the mansfield home game and I also bought tickets for my grandchildren for the leeds game and extra ticket for me for leeds because I sat with them and not inmy usual seat my mate had that

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:20 am

BlueView wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Reserved my ticket, and selected 'Buy more ticket' selected the seats I wanted and went to check out.

it wouldnt have allowed you to reserve them unless you qualified as a ST holder..so you and your plus 1 will be counted under your ST..?

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:38 am

blue lagoon wrote:Are they free, lol

Only if you attended the Mansfield game and paid for a ticket! ;) :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:21 am

The lower red stand is nearly sold out because they're allocated seats for fans who've been moved from the family stand

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:37 am

I was in the ticket office yesterday and they were still selling family stand tickets. The girl behind the counter,said the “red” seats are not for sale because they don’t know how many tickets Man City are taking.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:11 am

noisycat wrote:I was in the ticket office yesterday and they were still selling family stand tickets. The girl behind the counter,said the “red” seats are not for sale because they don’t know how many tickets Man City are taking.

That's odd. A woman where I work spoke to me 10 mins ago and said that shes got tickets for her family but their seats have been moved from the family stand to the upper ninian (red) seats.
She bought theirs yesterday

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
noisycat wrote:I was in the ticket office yesterday and they were still selling family stand tickets. The girl behind the counter,said the “red” seats are not for sale because they don’t know how many tickets Man City are taking.

That's odd. A woman where I work spoke to me 10 mins ago and said that shes got tickets for her family but their seats have been moved from the family stand to the upper ninian (red) seats.
She bought theirs yesterday

The family stand tickets have been relocated not to the main blocks of the upper Ninian red seats, but to the smaller section in front of the main block. So the main blocks are not yet on sale.
But not all family stand members will now have to relocate with Man City not taking up their full entitlement.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:18 am

Looking at the stadium plan where you can book tickets where in the stadium, it does look pretty sold out tbh looks about 23,000 home fans, doubt it actually is probably 13000 most sold so far :bluescarf: