VAR madness!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VAR madness!

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:05 pm

Watched Chelsea game 2 red cards pen decisions to make but var not used or not making right decision! Contè having heart attack at end of game as all decisions against Chelsea! :clap:
pembroke allan

VAR madness!

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: VAR madness!

Postby ae15 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:22 pm

Fault lies with the referees who are officiating the system and don't want to stick their necks on the line rather than the system itself.
ae15

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:53 pm

ae15 wrote:Fault lies with the referees who are officiating the system and don't want to stick their necks on the line rather than the system itself.

Maybe so but it's supposed to be for clear and obvious mistakes made by officials to make sure it's correct decision in end? But var made a decision on corner from what I saw? What I liked though was ref making decision's on pens and not being overuled because he didn't give them! Hopefully it will mean game not stopping every other min for contentious decision in pen area in future games.
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:13 am

pembroke allan wrote:
ae15 wrote:Fault lies with the referees who are officiating the system and don't want to stick their necks on the line rather than the system itself.

Maybe so but it's supposed to be for clear and obvious mistakes made by officials to make sure it's correct decision in end? But var made a decision on corner from what I saw? What I liked though was ref making decision's on pens and not being overuled because he didn't give them! Hopefully it will mean game not stopping every other min for contentious decision in pen area in future games.

Agree :thumbup:

If nothing else, tonight showed that VAR is not the be all and end all for contentious decisions! :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:30 am

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Agree :thumbup:

If nothing else, tonight showed that VAR is not the be all and end all for contentious decisions! :(

No its not and funny part was watching shearer and friends saying it's down to opinion ? When Chelsea refused a pen and var agreed with ref in their opinion everyone involved was wrong but not them! :laughing6:
I thought like ref he dived he could easily have stepped over leg but decided to accidentally hit it instead and fall over ! To me that's cheating and he was booked for diving. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby thomasblue » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:02 am

VAR was a joke

On the plus side i thought the referee was brilliant.

He wasnt scared to make the big decisions and in fairness got everything spot on other than the willian penalty where he was badly let down by the VAR system.

I think VAR can work but the crowd need to be able to hear the conversation between referee and VAR to make it interesting. Also should only be used when a decision is challenged by a manager. Say 2/3 a game
thomasblue

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:30 am

thomasblue wrote:VAR was a joke

On the plus side i thought the referee was brilliant.

He wasnt scared to make the big decisions and in fairness got everything spot on other than the willian penalty where he was badly let down by the VAR system.

I think VAR can work but the crowd need to be able to hear the conversation between referee and VAR to make it interesting. Also should only be used when a decision is challenged by a manager. Say 2/3 a game

Willian dived he could have easily missed the leg! Defender went in with leg, to me the leg was on ground he had stopped moving and Willian ran onto it started to go down before reached the leg then conveniently managed to hit leg with both feet! Think you will see find it being challenged all the time as time goes on refs be under extreme pressure to use it when it should only be used for obvious errors! Several times conto appealed for it, but ref was Good ignoring var on several occasions using his judgement. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby thomasblue » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:55 am

I thought it was a clear penalty.
Willian had a clear goalscoring chance why would he go down?
By the letter of the law it was a penalty. There was definatly contact which means its a penalty. Even the Norwich player in his interview said it was a penalty.
thomasblue

Postby epping blue » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:59 am

thomasblue wrote:I thought it was a clear penalty.
By the letter of the law it was a penalty. There was definatly contact which means its a penalty. Even the Norwich player in his interview said it was a penalty.

I'm with Pembroke on that I thought Willian dived. Whatever these decisions can be contentious and still a matter of opinion even when to some they're fact.

What really got to me last night was the pundits, absolutely slated the ref on that incident but virtually let Pedro off the hook for the most absolute dive you'll ever see on a pitch. No ifs, no butts, no doubt he tried to con the officials. These pundits and ex players in particular refuse to call them out over it. They lambast the ref at every possibility but steadfastly refuse to label their own. Bloody hypocrites.
epping blue

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:06 am

epping blue wrote:

I'm with Pembroke on that I thought Willian dived. Whatever these decisions can be contentious and still a matter of opinion even when to some they're fact.

What really got to me last night was the pundits, absolutely slated the ref on that incident but virtually let Pedro off the hook for the most absolute dive you'll ever see on a pitch. No ifs, no butts, no doubt he tried to con the officials. These pundits and ex players in particular refuse to call them out over it. They lambast the ref at every possibility but steadfastly refuse to label their own. Bloody hypocrites.

Agree shearer said var is down to opinions but in willians case his opinion he's right and ref is wrong? You look at incident slowly and he clearly starts to go down before reaches the leg! It wasn't even moving by time willian got there, and He wasn't in clear scoring chance as ball was ahead of him, he did what 99% of players do and deliberately let leg hit defenders leg, are they saying ref or var didn't see this? :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Sloper Road » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:43 pm

I didn't think the ref asked the VAR for the William dive. They normally draw a little picture of a tv screen and wait, he didn't do that .
I like VAR . If the ref does not use it then we will have the same arguments as before. If he does use then 99% of the time the right decision will be made( hopefully.)
Sloper Road

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:31 pm

Sloper Road wrote:

I didn't think the ref asked the VAR for the William dive. They normally draw a little picture of a tv screen and wait, he didn't do that .
I like VAR . If the ref does not use it then we will have the same arguments as before. If he does use then 99% of the time the right decision will be made( hopefully.)

Var would have told him if he was wrong! After all var gave verdict on a corner shout, why wouldn't he do so on a crucial decision that var us set up to make?
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:11 pm

its just an extra tier of mistake makers.
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:52 pm

dogfound wrote:its just an extra tier of mistake makers.

Well it certainly didn't stop the arguments about decisions! I feel it will go way of rugby and tmo ref cannot make decisions himself !but ref going to var for clarification ffs var gave a corner other night which is not in his remit!
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Chelsea Brighton game exact same pen shout as been discussed here player going over someone's leg! and guess what ref didn't give it so var wasn't wrong was it? :old:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat