You may select 1 option

View results

Damour - Yes or No?

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:52 am

Has he been a success so far?

Re: Damour - Yes or No?

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 am

not for me.

dont get me wrong i dont think hes a terrible player, but just not quite good enough.

With a fully fit squad and especially as this new guy has come in, i dont think he plays.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:02 am

But won't get a sniff with Marko in the side.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:12 am

Yes he's been a success.

I also think he will improve.

Like Bryson he is a useful squad player - but will be behind Ralls, Gunnar (when fit) and now Grujic.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:32 am

Give the guy time, big step up to championship.
Been brilliant so far.
Will need to step out on occasions to move forward.
Another pre season will mature him.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:50 am

fred keenor wrote:Give the guy time, big step up to championship.
Been brilliant so far.
Will need to step out on occasions to move forward.
Another pre season will mature him.

Spot on. A successful signing even if he does not start regularly in the run-in.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:04 am

Of course it's a yes.
He's a good squad player. You can't just say the starting 11 only are a success.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:06 am

I voted yes as an advanced midfield player. :ayatollah:

Definitely NOT as a deeper centre midfielder. Too lightweight and leaves Ralls to fend for himself.

Happy with him overall though. :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 am

In my opinion he is not the finished article you get the feeling with him that with the right coaching he can offer more to the team,although he is not a automatic choice for selection,i would still put him ahead of Bryson,one last point to make is that I'm not so sure Gunnerson will be here next season and that's why Warnock is looking to bring in another midfielder who he is willing to pay a transfer fee for

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:09 am

Yes very cheap player making a step up and has done well overall when asked to step into the team.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:11 pm

I would say yes he has been a success, I think he was taken on a free and I wouldn’t have thought on huge wages.

He isn’t the finished article or a guaranteed first team starter but he is a good squad player and can get better. The type of signings we need when on a budget.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Yes, was a cheap gamble and our record with him in the side is excellent

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Absolutely yes, He cost nothing and I believe Warnock said he was the lowest paid first team player

Not been brilliant but very useful squad player who hopefully will get better as he adapts to the championship and gets mentally and physically stronger

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:04 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I would say yes he has been a success, I think he was taken on a free and I wouldn’t have thought on huge wages.

He isn’t the finished article or a guaranteed first team starter but he is a good squad player and can get better. The type of signings we need when on a budget.

Yeah, imagine saying no when he cost pennies is on 5k a week or possibly under.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:22 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I would say yes he has been a success, I think he was taken on a free and I wouldn’t have thought on huge wages.

Yeah, imagine saying no when he cost pennies is on 5k a week or possibly under.

wouldnt exactly say hes been a failure but what has he done to be branded a success?

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:58 pm

I think he’s been brilliant and does not look out of place in the championship !

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:13 pm

WelshSerb wrote:I think he’s been brilliant and does not look out of place in the championship !

Thiss^^^

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:27 pm

Wow - 4 votes for no.....

Bought from the French second division and pushed in a bit earlier than probably anticipated. An off season on the weights and understanding what its all about and we;ll see a much better player.