Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Joey Barton / Cardiff City “

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:36 pm

if I wasn't attending and viewed this board regularly I'd probably stay away too. Week after week same posts about attendance I'd get the impression it's crap down CCS.

I go as often as I can but unfortunately I often find myself with nobody to go with. That’s the only thing that’s stopped me from getting a season ticket/half season ticket, but I have gone to every game I possibly could this season. Wonder if there are many others like myself who would go more often if they had someone to go with, all my friends are either working Saturdays or playing football themselves.

Leon1927 wrote:So people are staying away from going to the game and having a few beers with the lads and watching good football because of tan.

I don’t think so. You don’t get that many holding a grudge. People are fickle. They will be there for Man City and lining Tan’s pocket.

We are not a big club. Simple. Never were. Enjoyed lots of visits to Wembley and had a good few years that’s why attendances were higher before.

Let’s end this now and move on please. Lots of positives at the moment.

Agree ,arguably our best attendances were in red and coz of tan ,We are a fickle set of fans and tbh our average is 20k this season is it really that bad ? We are 4-5 k up on last year and according to some on here last year only 12k were turning up

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:40 pm

I’m not on about the red days Wez. I mean the Dave Jones days. Wembleys visits and new stadium were huge factors for higher crowds.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Leon1927 wrote:I’m not on about the red days Wez. I mean the Dave Jones days. Wembleys visits and new stadium were huge factors for higher crowds.

To be fair to risdale he could sell sand to the Arabs :lol:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:19 pm

He thought we were a big club and made a mistake. That's about it.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:42 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:I've never understood why Joey Barton felt the need to stub out his cigar in the eye of a fellow footballer.

The other lad lit his shirt on fire apparently

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:43 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:if I wasn't attending and viewed this board regularly I'd probably stay away too. Week after week same posts about attendance I'd get the impression it's crap down CCS.

only when size of crowd is brought up it is! if our crowd was 20k from start of season same people will be moaning that we are not getting 25k ! : come near end season and we get 25k+ be saying we got a lot of plastics! i'm glad got better things to do than complain about such things! :o

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:47 pm

Just stop f*cking bickering and get your arses to the games :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:32 am

Bluemellons wrote:Why are people still surprised by our small crowds?
Tan caused it. Everyone knows it. The rebrand, the infighting, the disastrous appointments of Solskjaer, Trollope and Slade coupled with shockingly bad football killed it.
We're about 3000 down on what we should be getting.
Forget Warnock and the decent position we're in. If it wasn't for Neil's efforts we'd be getting 12000.
It will come back but its still early days. Our recent history has pissed off an awful lot of people.

Just my opinion on this;

When we first changed to red, our crowds went up. As some say "our fans sold their soul", or some at least.

the infighting defiantly did have an effect on our crowds and peoples enjoyment, as going to a game is meant to be a get away from outside life for some, not to have fighting and arguments with you're own when you are there.

The disasterous appointment of OGS didn't do anything to the crowds whilst we were still in the top flight.

Trollope i understand.

the one i don't get is the hate on Russell Slade. Look, I know as much as anyone that the football was dire to watch, and it really was. but we had our record crowd under RS. he also took us to the brink of the playoffs whilst trimming our squad and selling our best players for minimal prices and bringing in league one players. under the circumstances, with the players he had, he did a remarkable job, but it was evident he wasn't going to take us any further.

Without warnock i worry to see what our attendances would be like.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Bluemellons wrote:Why are people still surprised by our small crowds?
Tan caused it. Everyone knows it. The rebrand, the infighting, the disastrous appointments of Solskjaer, Trollope and Slade coupled with shockingly bad football killed it.
We're about 3000 down on what we should be getting.
Forget Warnock and the decent position we're in. If it wasn't for Neil's efforts we'd be getting 12000.
It will come back but its still early days. Our recent history has pissed off an awful lot of people.

I don’t agree that the rebrand caused it. We all like to think we’re heroes and would never watch city in anything but blue at home but we were pulling 22,000+ in the championship in red. And selling out in the Prem and still had big crowds in the OGS championship season.

But you touched upon a very good point in that we’ve had dire, unmotivational appointments in Slade and Trollope. Where the football was hurrendous, the signings were boring and we had 0 success. This is where we started to see the decline.

I love NW but when he’s coming out saying we still don’t have money, the plastics can’t see that you don’t need to spend big when you have someone like NW. The only thing that’ll bring the crowds back is if Tan comes and says NW has £20m to spend and will have £50m if we go up. That’s how fickle most fans are. Pre-red we were pulling crowds similar numbers to what we have now so not much changed.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:40 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:if I wasn't attending and viewed this board regularly I'd probably stay away too. Week after week same posts about attendance I'd get the impression it's crap down CCS.

Its because they get so many replied every time.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Annis and wez you are getting very boring with your personal feud just get over it for pitys sake and please stop putting on false information on here about transfers.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:05 pm

dai bluebird wrote:Annis and wez you are getting very boring with your personal feud just get over it for pitys sake and please stop putting on false information on here about transfers.

No personal feud, me and annis get on well