Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Joey Barton / Cardiff City “

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:57 pm

Joey Barton was on about Cardiff City’s low crowds on Talksport the other day said he can’t understand why the gates are so low when they doing so well and he said he always thought Cardiff were a big club.

Re: “ Joey Barton / Cardiff City “

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Joey Barton was on about Cardiff City’s low crowds on Talksport the other day said he can’t unferstand .

Why the gates are so low when they doing so well and he said always thought Cardiff were a big club.

Zzzzzzz bloody hell Annis you don't half go on about it every week

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:08 pm

He’s spot on. Doesn’t make sense when we’re 3rd in the Championship with a very good home record.

Not saying we should be getting 33,000 every week, but shocked that the crowds only rarely reach 20,000+

I can only assume we’ll still have 16,000 crowds next season if we’re in the Premier League.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:12 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:He’s spot on. Doesn’t make sense when we’re 3rd in the Championship with a very good home record.

Not saying we should be getting 33,000 every week, but shocked that the crowds only rarely reach 20,000+

I can only assume we’ll still have 16,000 crowds next season if we’re in the Premier League.

We will sell out every week especially if they are still doing cheap season tickets this man city game has proved the fickle Cardiff fans are still there

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:16 pm

wez1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:He’s spot on. Doesn’t make sense when we’re 3rd in the Championship with a very good home record.

We will sell out every week especially if they are still doing cheap season tickets this man city game has proved the fickle Cardiff fans are still there

Let's hope all the plastics coming to the Man City game still come. Hmmm I doubt it
Last edited by Pulisnewport on Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:16 pm

Virtually opening up another can of worms here.

Can go back and fourth on this debate, yes it is news as Joey Barton has noticed it but yeah.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:18 pm

Who cares what an insignificant person says about us? And What makes him say we are a big club? :roll:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:19 pm

I've never understood why Joey Barton felt the need to stub out his cigar in the eye of a fellow footballer.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:19 pm

wez1927 wrote:

If those extra fans will turn up for Premier League matches and the FA Cup match next week then why not now? We’re playing well and in a good position in the league.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Especially when you consider how cheap our tickets are.my worry is if we're not promoted this season our crowds will drop further next season as I believe the lower leagues are done and dusted as far as city are concerned and we only get crowds of 25000to 30000 in the premier league.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:42 pm

skiprat wrote:Especially when you consider how cheap our tickets are.my worry is if we're not promoted this season our crowds will drop further next season as I believe the lower leagues are done and dusted as far as city are concerned and we only get crowds of 25000to 30000 in the premier league.

Ah well if drop further next season just have more threads on subject! Forum numbers will probably drop as well? :old:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:46 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Joey Barton was on about Cardiff City’s low crowds on Talksport the other day said he can’t unferstand .

Why the gates are so low when they doing so well and he said always thought Cardiff were a big club.

Wez, You mean Warnock, Tan, Vince Alm and now Joey Barton & every clubs fans in the Uk and of course myself.

It seems we are on everyone lips regarding our crowds and you can understand why.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:49 pm

Correct Ned :thumbright:

Top 3 in the Championship for 6 months, Top of it and some stages and never below 3rd, yet 15,000,16,000,17,000 crowds when 14 other clubs now average more than us,

Plus our tickets are Very cheap and Very Very cheap Half- season tickets :thumbright: :bluebird: And they still never bought them on mass :shock:

Its not just Barton, its everyone at our club are concerned, yet we draw Man City and FB/Twitter fans are moaning/begging for tickets.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:53 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

If those extra fans will turn up for Premier League matches and the FA Cup match next week then why not now? We’re playing well and in a good position in the league.

Correct again Ned :thumbright: :bluebird:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez, You mean Warnock, Tan, Vince Alm and now Joey Barton & every clubs fans in the Uk and of course myself.

It seems we are on everyone lips regarding our crowds and you can understand why.

Do you go every game? hmmmm I rest my case :lol:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:58 pm

This is getting really boring now. It’s been done to death. No one knows why really and we will never know. Let’s move on now. Talk about the club and the people supporting the club. Let’s not keep going on about the people who don’t go. They don’t matter to me. I’d love a good crown but it’s not happening. It’s not going to stop me enjoying life at City at the moment.

Class half full

Less queues for the bar/toilet car park :)

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:59 pm

Leon1927 wrote:This is getting really boring now. It’s been done to death. No one knows why really and we will never know. Let’s move on now. Talk about the club and the people supporting the club. Let’s not keep going on about the people who don’t go. They don’t matter to me. I’d love a good crown but it’s not happening. It’s not going to stop me enjoying life at City at the moment.

Class half full

Exactly

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:00 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Done to death a million times, we all know why, he should concentrate on his own problems the Bell end

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:02 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

:lol:

I went for 43 years, consecutive, have you even done 20 years consecutive as a season ticket holder?

I have a season ticket for City and it means I am included in our 16,000 & 17,000 crowds :D I rest my case :D :D :D :D

U still live in the UK, how many away games do u go?

I never missed one for nearly 20 years and before I left no more than two a season :D :thumbright:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:03 pm

Źzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:03 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Leon1927 wrote:This is getting really boring now. It’s been done to death. No one knows why really and we will never know. Let’s move on now. Talk about the club and the people supporting the club. Let’s not keep going on about the people who don’t go. They don’t matter to me. I’d love a good crown but it’s not happening. It’s not going to stop me enjoying life at City at the moment.

Class half full

Exactly

Its funny the whole country are talking about it from with in our club to the manager,players,owner and its discussed daily, so yes why can't we talk about it, if u both don't like it, don't reply in it, simple :D :D :bluebird:

On FB Away Days its 24/7.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:04 pm

If don't get promoted and crowds decrease it will mean another couple of thousand not going due to rebrand! :thumbup:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I went for 43 years, consecutive, have you even done 20 years consecutive as a season ticket holder?

I have a season ticket for City and it means I am included in our 16,000 & 17,000 crowds :D I rest my case :D :D :D :D

I never missed one for nearly 20 years and before I left no more than two a season :D :thumbright:

That doesn't mean anything now annis, it's about here and now and you don't go that much anymore :lol: sound familiar what I'm say hmmmmmmmm :lol:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:10 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

That doesn't mean anything now annis, it's about here and now and you don't go that much anymore :lol: sound familiar what I'm say hmmmmmmmm :lol:

It means a lot we, as its easy to support a winning team, top 3 of the Championship, try Supporting City 9 years in the 4th division.

OOPs guess what I have a season ticket now as well :D

Oops I forgot u hardly saw a game for 5 years and oops guess what I hardly ever saw u away anyway :lol:

In fact I am not sure I ever saw you at City games :D

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

It means a lot we, as its easy to support a winning team, top 3 of the Championship, try Supporting City 9 years in the 4th division.

Oops I forgot u hardly saw a game for 5 years and oops guess what I hardly ever say u away anyway :lol:

4 years get it right :lol:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:14 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Oops I forgot u hardly saw a game for 5 years and oops guess what I hardly ever say u away anyway :lol:

4 years get it right :lol:

:lol: :thumbup:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:22 pm

We are a small club. Let’s accept, move on and enjoy our season.

Blooobirds!!!

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Why are people still surprised by our small crowds?
Tan caused it. Everyone knows it. The rebrand, the infighting, the disastrous appointments of Solskjaer, Trollope and Slade coupled with shockingly bad football killed it.
We're about 3000 down on what we should be getting.
Forget Warnock and the decent position we're in. If it wasn't for Neil's efforts we'd be getting 12000.
It will come back but its still early days. Our recent history has pissed off an awful lot of people.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:31 pm

The thing that at the end of it all is, yeah we have low attendances and the reasons are there to see so what else is needed to say apart from pointing the obvious?

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:34 pm

So people are staying away from going to the game and having a few beers with the lads and watching good football because of tan.

I don’t think so. You don’t get that many holding a grudge. People are fickle. They will be there for Man City and lining Tan’s pocket.

We are not a big club. Simple. Never were. Enjoyed lots of visits to Wembley and had a good few years that’s why attendances were higher before.

Let’s end this now and move on please. Lots of positives at the moment.