Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED Cardiff City Have Apparently Made Their 3rd Signing

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Alan Nixon (relcutantnicko on Twitter) talking about Lewis Grabban to Cardiff City: “Should happen. But big numbers.”

Lewis Grabban has reportedly signed for Cardiff, I'll believe it when I see it personally.

NEIL WARNOCK:JUST OFFERED £3MILL FOR A PLAYER
Link
http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 2&t=192180 :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City Have Apparently Made Their 3rd Signing

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:12 pm

TrueBlue99 wrote:Lewis Grabban has reportedly signed for Cardiff, I'll believe it when I see it personally.

Hmmm Warnock quoted above saying he was turned down on a 3 million bid because the player didn't want to come, thought it might have been Grabban ?

Time will tell ?

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:19 pm

Could be anybody, but I thought the same

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:19 pm

Warnock has not got £3.5mill to spend.

Thats why we get loan players / Free agents and only buy once we have got rid of a player example Idris Saddi sold,then brought in Lee Tomlin.

No way would we afford that amount.

If Neal Warnock had that much, u would see about 3-4 players being bought :thumbright: :bluebird:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:21 pm

Bluebina wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:Lewis Grabban has reportedly signed for Cardiff, I'll believe it when I see it personally.

Hmmm Warnock quoted above saying he was turned down on a 3 million bid because the player didn't want to come, thought it might have been Grabban ?

Time will tell ?

I would assume that was Forshaw, all I saw from journo's was that he was set on going to Leeds over us, they reportedly paid 4.5m for him and I personally wouldn't want to pay that for him, I think I would rather spend it on a striker if we can, especially now that Grujic has joined.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Warnock has not got £3.5mill to spend.

Thats why we get loan players / Free agents and only buy once we have got rid of a player example Idris Saddi sold,then brought in Lee Tomlin.

If Neal Warnock had that much, u would see about 3-4 players being bought :thumbright: :bluebird:

You said the same in the summer and we signed ward and tomlin,how do you know what Warnock has to spend? I wouldn't be surprise if this is true 3.5 million is peanuts in today's market ,but also wouldn't be surprised if some of our players are sold too

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:26 pm

To be fair Annis he has openly admitted in a Sky interview that he had bid £3 million for a player, maybe it would only get sanctioned if he promised to offload a couple of players, just a thought anyways.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:30 pm

Tbh if he makes a good case for it I can’t see why he wouldn’t get the money

Let’s be honest the premiership money is what the owners want even if they only spend a season up there then financially it works for them...if Warnock sells Grabban the saviour to the owners who knows

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:37 pm

I can see this being totally feasible although I know no more than the average fan.

If I remember rightly Warnock had a warchest in the summer circa £5m, and has recently stated that he spent a net £1.5m. If he thinks Grabban is the man there is no reason that the board would not back him for £3.5m plus wages.

I hope it's true but as always will believe if it becomes official. We live in hope. :bluebird:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:41 pm

Its probably only around 2m and 1.5m if promoted. Even tan knows we need to spend money for a goalscorer surely.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:42 pm

TrueBlue99 wrote:

To be fair Annis he has openly admitted in a Sky interview that he had bid £3 million for a player, maybe it would only get sanctioned if he promised to offload a couple of players, just a thought anyways.

I just read it, I am honestly shocked.

Fair play :thumbright:

NEIL WARNOCK: SKY INTERVIEW / JUST OFFERED £3MILL FOR A PLAYER
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=192180 :thumbright:

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:

I just read it, I am honestly shocked.

Fair play :thumbright:

NEIL WARNOCK: SKY INTERVIEW / JUST OFFERED £3MILL FOR A PLAYER
Link

Thought we didn't have money? :lol: only joking with you

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Signing Campbell in promotion season was a revelation.I know it was a fraction of the price of grabban,but he s another player who knows where to put the ball .Can make all the difference

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:03 pm

boxerbob wrote:Signing Campbell in promotion season was a revelation.I know it was a fraction of the price of grabban,but he s another player who knows where to put the ball .Can make all the difference

Agree think he's better than zohore

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:07 pm

wez1927 wrote:
boxerbob wrote:Signing Campbell in promotion season was a revelation.I know it was a fraction of the price of grabban,but he s another player who knows where to put the ball .Can make all the difference

I hope this doesn’t mean that Ken is off

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:13 pm

Reports were coming out that Warnock gave up on his first midfield target and opted for his second? This was after the Mansfield game.

So going off this the cash we could have used for Forshaw has been turned elsewhere maybe that's why the strong reports of Grabban in the past few days because the Forshaw deal fell through?

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:25 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Zohore of the second half of last season was unbelievable however grabban seems to score goals consistently and way more experienced In this division

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:03 pm

I just asked Alan Nixon (reluctantnicko) on Twitter about us signing Grabban. This was his response:

“Should happen. But big numbers”

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:04 pm

So warnocks NEVER bought a player for 3m? Or is that a stupid question and he means with Cardiff?

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:28 pm

nubbsy wrote:So warnocks NEVER bought a player for 3m? Or is that a stupid question and he means with Cardiff?

he has defo spent 3mill at other clubs...zamora,wright phillips, cisse at qpr..probably others.

Re: UPDATED Cardiff City Have Apparently Made Their 3rd Sign

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:31 pm

TrueBlue99 wrote:Alan Nixon (relcutantnicko on Twitter) talking about Lewis Grabban to Cardiff City: “Should happen. But big numbers.”

Lewis Grabban has reportedly signed for Cardiff, I'll believe it when I see it personally.

Link

this reluctanthicko bloke seems to get far more wrong than right..
lets hope that this is one of his scattergun transfer rumours that hits the target.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:10 pm

dogfound wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:Alan Nixon (relcutantnicko on Twitter) talking about Lewis Grabban to Cardiff City: “Should happen. But big numbers.”

Link

this reluctanthicko bloke seems to get far more wrong than right..
lets hope that this is one of his scattergun transfer rumours that hits the target.

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:09 pm

£3m Failed was Adam Forshaw.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:33 am

AJ1927 wrote:£3m Failed was Adam Forshaw.

Yes, it seems it was him (Adam Forshaw) that declined a move to City in favour of Leeds United :thumbright:

Truth be known, I'm glad it was him rather than Lewis Grabban and the auspices appear good on that particular signing, according to reliable (media) sources on the south coast

We can only live in hope! :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:25 am

Sven wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:£3m Failed was Adam Forshaw.

Yes, it seems it was him (Adam Forshaw) that declined a move to City in favour of Leeds United :thumbright:

Truth be known, I'm glad it was him rather than Lewis Grabban and the auspices appear good on that particular signing, according to reliable (media) sources on the south coast

We can only live in hope! :ayatollah:

well lets hope these reliable South coast media sources are better than the South Wales ones who seem to just rehash twitter rumours..
bring back Carl...all is forgiven

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:23 am

nubbsy wrote:So warnocks NEVER bought a player for 3m? Or is that a stupid question and he means with Cardiff?

His quote was a record transfer for us under him, not his biggest signing and not ours, but the most he has spent since being at ours. Grabban looks a good buy, his goals speak for themselves nobody can deny his record this season in this division

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:26 am

Leeds paid 4.5 mill for Forshaw which is a bit steep, he's not that good.

I'm hearing we bid 3 mill for Lansbury but he didn't want to leave the midlands as his house, family and dogs live there, don't know how true that is mind.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:41 am

Wolfpac wrote:Leeds paid 4.5 mill for Forshaw which is a bit steep, he's not that good.

I'm hearing we bid 3 mill for Lansbury but he didn't want to leave the midlands as his house, family and dogs live there, don't know how true that is mind.

Hilarious! Dogs didn't fancy uprooting and going to south wales :banghead:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:53 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:Leeds paid 4.5 mill for Forshaw which is a bit steep, he's not that good.

Just passing on what I heard in work, I laughed when I heard it but if you look at his Instagram, he has 3 massive dogs :laughing5:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:56 am

Wolfpac wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Just passing on what I heard in work, I laughed when I heard it but if you look at his Instagram, he has 3 massive dogs :laughing5:

Sorry mate, wasn't having a pop as I'm sure it's what he said. Just amazed that he said it