Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY THOUGHTS: THE REASON FOR THE CROWD NUMBERS

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 pm

What is the heart of the clubs puzzling problem? Cardiff fans have mostly moved on from the whole rebrand debate and that is kept in the past

You have got the club owner staying behind the scenes (mainly in Malaysia but occasionally showing his face at Cardiff City Stadium) and we have got the best manager for the job in Neil Warnock; a man who has a track record of seven promotions at seven different clubs

The fans are happy, we have an incredible squad of players who are performing in this league! Cardiff City are back!

Personally, I think fans are still a bit hurt by actions from Vincent Tan and I also think it goes back to the stadium change for some of the hardcore Cardiff fans. They felt that the club did not do much of a farewell to Ninian Park

We also have a stand which has red seats, so it reminds fans in a way of the past and what happened to the kit colour change.

Now, I am not saying that is the reason but what I am saying is that if we remove that stand then we would have a sell out. The season before the new red stand was placed in our stadium nearly every match was a sell out but now I think that killed the atmosphere around the stadium. Check out the season before the red seats and everyone was chanting. That was evident when Cardiff played Man City in the Premier League at home. It was electric!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY THOUGHTS: THE REASON FOR THE CROWD NUMBERS

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:22 pm

so..in a nutshell...you want to knock down a perfectly good stand..?
and the result of that would be 10k extra fans...

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:29 pm

Sometimes I do worry.
Colour of a stand is a big issue.

Yea... Why not. Make our stadium smaller. Throw away millions which cost to put it there.

I guess in a couple of years we can re build it again?

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:41 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Sometimes I do worry.
Colour of a stand is a big issue.

Yea... Why not. Make our stadium smaller. Throw away millions which cost to put it there.

I guess in a couple of years we can re build it again?

Of course we can at double cost of original build! :laughing6:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:14 am

I’m maybe missing a dose of sarcasm here? But are you really doing an atmosphere comparison of games this season with our first home game in the Premier League, which happened to be against the then champions of England and against all odds we won..of course the atmosphere for electric! The seats could have been pink with yellow swans on them and atmosphere would have been electric!

There is only one core reason why crowds are ‘low’ - the upward trajectory that the club enjoyed from 2000 onwards came to a shuddering halt when we got relegated from the Premier League and went into a period of transition. Even if we are still around the same place in a month, the crowds won’t be at the same level as the promotion season for 2 reasons 1) the season ticket base is lower and 2) the anticipation of getting to Premier League has been done and so it’s possibly not as exiciting this time around. Certainly for me, whilst I want us to get promoted because it means we’ve been successful, I’m not excited by that league.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:01 am

Oh for gods sake, couldn't this of gone in any of the millions of weekly threads about our attendance. Not sure if this is an attempt at humour but either way its a failure. :banghead:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:22 am

Done to death, crowds are low because modern football is boring and lacks atmosphere