Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK:"UPDATES CARDIFF FANS GOOD & BAD NEWS"

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:46 am

:bluebird: " NEIL WARNOCK WILL THIS MORNING BE UPDATING CARDIFF CITY FANS " :thumbright: :bluebird:

Liverpool to punish Cardiff City if Marko Grujic doesn't get game time - Neil Warnock.
Interesting stuff from Warnock this morning as he revealed Grujic has to play at least 14 games for the Bluebirds this season or Cardiff could be financially punished by Liverpool. :shock:

Warnock: on Anthony Pilkington
"I’d rather keep him, especially with Wardy going. Especially with his attitude." :thumbright:

Warnock on Cardiff's promotion hopes

NEIL WARNOCK:

"There were no expectations about us" :bluebird:

" If we were top eight people would have thought it was about right. To lose our spine, Morrison, Gunnarsson, Zohore at the same time, you can’t legislate for it. It’s hard and Wednesday were the same."

Warnock on the agreement with Liverpool for Grujic

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Financially we get punished if he doesn’t play, but it’s a really good deal for both parties, because I want to play him, I’m not signing him to make the numbers up."

Warnock on how many games Grujic has to play for Cardiff

NEIL WARNOCK:

There’s 19 games left, I think if he plays in 14 there’s no penalty, something like that. He’s eligible for the FA Cup. He’ll definitely play in that one! The chances are he’ll only play in one FA Cup.”

" TEAM NEWS " 19/01/18

Warnock on Grujic

NEIL WARNOCK:

“I just call him Marko! He’s in the squad, we’ll have a look at him but he’s not had a game since playing for Serbia in November. Liverpool are very thorough with their fitness so he had a good session yesterday we’ll have a look today. A lot depends on Ralls. If he’s not available he’ll definitely start."

Danny Ward could miss the rest of the season :cry:

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I’d like to sign another one, a striker, I think we’re a bit thin with Danny Ward being out all season. We’re progressing, there’s four or five names been mentioned. We’re trying to get one in before the end of the window."

"I’m disappointed in some respects that we’re still in the cup a little bit because of numbers but I’m glad in a way because the Bolton game is rescheduled and it gives us a chance to get some players back and hopefully we can push on again.”

" ALL NEIL WARNOCKS UPDATES FOLLOW BELOW " :thumbright: :bluebird:

Follow the latest from his press conference, plus transfer updates

On Cardiff's £3m bid for a player :shock:

NEIL WARNOCK"

"That was for a midfield player. He’s gone to Leeds now.”

"Adam Forshaw has since joined Leeds United from Middlesbrough."

NEIL WARNOCK:

ON CARDIFF CITY INJURIES.

"We're trying to get a Striker in before the end of the window."

"I’m disappointed in some respects that we’re still in the cup because of numbers but I’m glad in a way because the Bolton game is rescheduled and it gives us a chance to get some players back and hopefully we can push on again."

Meanwhile,Danny Ward, Aron Gunnarsson, Craig Bryson, Matt Connolly and Lee Peltier will all miss the trip to Hillsborough while Kadeem Harris also remains sidelined, although the latter is edging ever closer to making his first appearance of the season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " NEIL WARNOCK: "

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:47 am

:bluebird:

NEIL WARNOCK ON SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Look at the type of players they have at the club, people like Jordan Rhodes and people like that. They’ve got goals in abundance aswell so it’s tough but we’ve got one or two players hitting a bit of form aswell."

"I’m really looking forward to it. We’ve got to try and be positive in our selection aswell.”"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:29 am

Have you heard of Neil Warnock?

Hmm...

"I have not heard of the Cardiff manager? "

Mind games? A misunderstanding of the question? Or just a genuine response?

Sheffield Wednesday boss Jos Luhukay hasn’t heard of Neil Warnock...

Jos Luhukay on tomorrow's game

It seems there’s a bit more confidence up at Hillsbrough than there was a few weeks ago, and having seen his side claim a draw and a win in his opening two games in charge, the Owls’ new boss is in confident move ahead of the visit of Cardiff.

Here’s what he said in his latest press conference.

JOS LUHUKAY:

“We have had some days to work with each other, I have two games and see all the players available now who gave a performance in both games.

“That was good for mentality and character from the players. It gives me a good feeling for the game on Saturday against Cardiff."

“The players who I have now, they have not a lot of games played most of them."
“So they must come with a good feeling and the best form they can."
“I must try now with these players to bring the quality of a high level from them.”

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:31 am

' UPDATED CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE TABLE " FRIDAY 19TH JAN 2018 '

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:32 am

Warnock on Grujic

NEIL WARNOCK:

“I just call him Marko! He’s in the squad, we’ll have a look at him but he’s not had a game since playing for Serbia in November. Liverpool are very thorough with their fitness so he had a good session yesterday we’ll have a look today. A lot depends on Ralls. If he’s not available he’ll definitely start."

"I was after two players, the other one didn’t convince me he wanted to come. As soon as I spoke to Marko it was obvious he wanted to play, it wasn’t until later on I was told two or three other clubs wanted to speak to him, but I think he’s a lad of his word and we got on very well from the first conversation. He was as good as his word. I had my fingers crossed the morning he was meant to arrive. Jurgen wants him to play games and I think some other clubs have so many midfield players that he probably wouldn’t get many games.”

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:37 am

Warnock on the agreement with Liverpool for Grujic

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Financially we get punished if he doesn’t play, but it’s a really good deal for both parties, because I want to play him, I’m not signing him to make the numbers up."

"He’s a good lad, and a good player. All of our scouts have recommended him - that’s six or seven people. You get a feeling about players, as soon as I spoke to him I thought he’ll do for me. And I think we’ll do good for him. It’s the World Cup this summer, he’s got ambition for that so it can be good for him.”

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:39 am

More from Warnock on Grujic

NEIL WARNOCK:

"They want him to play, they think he has more opportunity to do that with us and he has. We won’t get punished if he gets injured or anything like that. But there’s 19 games and hopefully he’ll play them in all. The lad’s not played two or three games a week for years, and the Championship being what it is they will allow him giving him a rest. We get punished if he plays 50%, 60% or 70% so I think it’s a good deal. It’s a good thing."

"A lot of clubs take players from the Premier League and don’t play them. I want them to go and play/ Same as me sending someone out, if they make up the numbers it’s pointless. We’ll have to look at penalising clubs if they don’t play them for a percentage of games.”

Re: BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:42 am

Warnock on how many games Grujic has to play for Cardiff

NEIL WARNOCK:

There’s 19 games left, I think if he plays in 14 there’s no penalty, something like that. He’s eligible for the FA Cup. He’ll definitely play in that one! The chances are he’ll only play in one FA Cup.”

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:46 am

Danny Ward could miss the rest of the season

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I’d like to sign another one, a striker, I think we’re a bit thin with Danny Ward being out all season. We’re progressing, there’s four or five names been mentioned. We’re trying to get one in before the end of the window."

"I’m disappointed in some respects that we’re still in the cup a little bit because of numbers but I’m glad in a way because the Bolton game is rescheduled and it gives us a chance to get some players back and hopefully we can push on again.”

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:49 am

Neil Warnock on Anthony Pilkington's future

NEIL WARNOCK:

"The thing with Anthony is, I have to take my hat off to him. We couldn’t give him away in the summer, even teams in next division down. He could have thrown his bat and ball away, but he’s knuckled down, I’ve never seen him train as hard, I’ve not had one problem, played in the Under-23s, talked to the kids when it would have been easier to sulk. He’s been an absolute credit."

"He came back into my thoughts a few weeks ago. I told him after the game against Sunderland that his reward was he was playing Tuesday and I thought he did alright against Mansfield. Anthony’s got quite a lucrative contract so there’s no club bashing my door down, they’re offering peanuts. I’d rather keep him, especially with Wardy going. Especially with his attitude."

"My missus says it’s because he’s had his hair cut - he looks like a footballer now. He looks hungry so I’m really pleased with him.”

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:54 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

ON CARDIFF CITY INJURIES.

"We're trying to get a Striker in before the end of the window."

"I’m disappointed in some respects that we’re still in the cup because of numbers but I’m glad in a way because the Bolton game is rescheduled and it gives us a chance to get some players back and hopefully we can push on again."

Meanwhile,Danny Ward, Aron Gunnarsson, Craig Bryson, Matt Connolly and Lee Peltier will all miss the trip to Hillsborough while Kadeem Harris also remains sidelined, although the latter is edging ever closer to making his first appearance of the season.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:56 am

Neil Warnock on Kadeem Harris

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Let me touch some wood first. He’s been brilliant, he’s looked on fire, every time he has a tackle I wince. It was so innocuous last time when Sol stuck those octopus legs around him and he had the setback."

"If not this week, he’ll definitely come into consideration for the cup. I’m loathe to play some of the pros in the Under-23s because the pitches are not great at the moment. Next week when we’ve got no midweek game, I’ll probably do 30 minutes each way and I’ll referee it.”

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:58 am

Warnock on if Gunnarsson, Bryson and Peltier will play tomorrow

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Not tomorrow. Gunnarsson’s better but he’s not had thing off his ankle yet. Peltier is in the gym. Connolly as well, but with a bit of luck they might be available after the FA Cup. Gunnarsson will be another three or four weeks perhaps but like Marko he will want some games under his belt to take into the World Cup.”

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:59 am

Neil Warnock on facing Sheffield Wednesday

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I’ll get a rousing reception. It’s great, it’s good banter. Like I say, my sister was a Wednesdayite. I supported United because we were the underdogs. They were the Man City of the world today, the Rolls Royce when I was a kid so as the black sheep I supported the underdog. It’s great to see they’re on a level par now. It was interesting I was mentioned in the job a few years ago and the Sheffield Star did a poll which was 50-50 which was quite good! It’s a fabulous club.”

Re: BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK:"UPDATES CARDIFF FANS GOOD & BAD N

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:05 am

Warnock on Cardiff's promotion hopes

NEIL WARNOCK:

"There were no expectations about us"

" If we were top eight people would have thought it was about right. To lose our spine, Morrison, Gunnarsson, Zohore at the same time, you can’t legislate for it. It’s hard and Wednesday were the same."

"I spoke to Carlos and the injuries were horrendous and some owners and fans don’t think about that, it’s results driven. Carlos did a fabulous job, got them in the play-offs the last two years, but you can’t please some fans. People who write in to newspapers and ring in to radios they’re the ones who hardly watch sides, they just want to hear their voices. It’s hard for managers with social media especially when owners listen to it, or tweeting each other.”

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:07 am

Neil Warnock on Craig Bellamy missing out on the Wales job to Ryan Giggs

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I’ve spoken to Craig and he was disappointed obviously"

" I think he would have been ideal, as is Ryan.I don’t think a lot needs changing; he’s got some good players, the staff’s all in place, I don’t think he’ll chop and change too much. I said to Craig his time would come, he’s learning all the time. You can’t stop learning, I still am at my age. The interview will have done him good and the next job that crops up he’ll know more about how to go about it.”

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:11 am

Neil Warnock on players potentially being distracted by the FA Cup

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I’m the same. Fortunately I’ve been in this situation a few times when I’ve been at a lower club playing a big club so I’ve already organised everything regarding tickets, so the players know the situation, all the requests are done. When you saw the attitude at Mansfield, you saw how good it is. It’s like a bonus to us."

"We haven’t got to let it take too much out of us. Fortunately we’ve got another week after the cup game, there’s no midweek game, because when you play against sides like Man City you cover so much ground, you don’t realise how good they are until you’re alongside them. But this is the one I’ve been looking forward to it and the lads won’t start thinking about Man City because they know what playing Wednesday means to me. We weren’t really a solid team last year, but we’ve developed into a more mature team with more options now. There’s a new manager there so I’m looking forward to the challenge.”

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:14 am

On Cardiff's £3m bid for a player

NEIL WARNOCK"

"That was for a midfield player. He’s gone to Leeds now.”

"Adam Forshaw has since joined Leeds United from Middlesbrough."

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:18 am

Liverpool to punish Cardiff City if Marko Grujic doesn't get game time - Neil Warnock

Interesting stuff from Warnock this morning as he revealed Grujic has to play at least 14 games for the Bluebirds this season or Cardiff could be financially punished by Liverpool.