Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vince Alm: " AT Cardiff City Stadium Today "

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:02 am

Vince Alm:

For those turning up in Person today for Man City tickets; Please be patient and wrap up warm.

It has been a few years now since we've had to queue for tickets! Back 10 years ago it was a regular occurrence queuing for several hours for cup tickets, playoff tickets etc and we were in the swing. so for those of you who have to brave the cold tomorrow please try and be patient, polite, and respectful to the ticket office staff, who will be working through their breaks, long shifts ensuring they deal with your requests.

I have had some good fun over the years in football ticket queues with some good welsh humour to keep my spirits up. If you are a season ticket holder they will not be releasing your seats until close of play Saturday so nobody can purchase them.
Mixed bag of weather tomorrow but it will be cold.

Remember, Respect the ticket office staff whatever your issue maybe, it is not their fault they are there to help resolve it manners don't harm anyone, and go a long way.

Bluebirds :bluebird:

Re: Vince Alm: " AT Cardiff City Stadium Today "

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:16 am

I was at the ticket office yesterday when they were selling tickets for Family Stand and Disabled season ticket holders.They initially reassigned my seats but allowed me to choose different seats in the Family stand as Manchester City are not taking up the full allocation

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:50 am

Big queue outside booking office at 9 o’clock this morning.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:08 pm

Still long queues at 12.30 when passing today
Probably around 100 or so persons

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:17 pm

I just want to say a huge thank you to Stacey at the ticket office. I couldn't log on to eticketing as my account was locked due to my student details not being updated on the system. Security guard known as "Butch" said I couldn't queue as it was only disabled and family stand but he told me to go into the superstore and ask for Stacey. Fair play to her she took me through to the back of the ticket office (past the famous laundry room) and updated my details right away and gave me my two tickets.

She went above and beyond for me and I'm greatful for her help! Big thanks!

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:29 pm

What are they like now? Also what time do they close?

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Queued this morning two and a half hours when leaving at twelve easily queue built up for excess of three hours.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:57 pm

I queued from 9.45 till just gone 12. Froze down there :sad7:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:58 pm

The queue was mental out there between 1-3 so I decided to ring instead

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:08 pm

They are open till 7 tonight. I'm going back in the morning. Average wait is 2 hours. But id argue it's more like an hour.

Just left the stadium

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:00 pm

CF14 Blue wrote:I just want to say a huge thank you to Stacey at the ticket office. I couldn't log on to eticketing as my account was locked due to my student details not being updated on the system. Security guard known as "Butch" said I couldn't queue as it was only disabled and family stand but he told me to go into the superstore and ask for Stacey. Fair play to her she took me through to the back of the ticket office (past the famous laundry room) and updated my details right away and gave me my two tickets.

She went above and beyond for me and I'm greatful for her help! Big thanks!

Stacey is a lovely girl, always smiling and pleasant to speak to. I believe her Dad is the Groundsman.

On a separate note, my Brother was queuing about midday and Warnock and Choo walked past. He said Warnock shouted “where have you lot been all season?” Apparently, everyone was laughing.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:12 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:They are open till 7 tonight. I'm going back in the morning. Average wait is 2 hours. But id argue it's more like an hour.

Just left the stadium

I queued for 2 1/2hrs this morning. :roll:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Just got home after just over 2 hours. Still about 100 peope in the queue!

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:13 pm

Queued for three hours from 10.30 today and met some lovely people! Great debates going on from John Toshack to are the Jacks going down!!Bloody cold but very good humoured. They need to sort their internet site out though!

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Swapped to a gold membership this year for lotS of reasons, so realised it could be touch and go for tickets.
Had time on my hands this morning so got to ground at9am,in case website didn't work, checked the website again when I joined queue and it was working fine so booked mine ( 4 of us on GM cards). So "waiting time"was reduced to just 10 minutes. A few people around me were doing the same thing. Also spoke to people who were really confused, so I helped a couple of people , was told staff were really helpful also to others yesterday.

All in all a good experience, and my view would be that the club has been fair and doing their best.