Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I'm glad city gave St holders extra ticket

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:13 pm

I've always stumped up my money when city have asked me to there where times when I even struggled to find the money but I always did and a few of my mates where the same even when we got relagated from the premier league we have stuck with them I still love following city we deserve this game and so do a lot of others fans who have stuck with city I would be delighted if we knocked city man city out the lift it would gave our club would be huge

Re: I'm glad city gave St holders extra ticket

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:15 pm

The city St holders deserve that extra ticket

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:34 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:I've always stumped up my money when city have asked me to there where times when I even struggled to find the money but I always did and a few of my mates where the same even when we got relagated from the premier league we have stuck with them I still love following city we deserve this game and so do a lot of others fans who have stuck with city I would be delighted if we knocked city man city out the lift it would gave our club would be huge

You can only sit in one seat, the benefit is to the person who is not a season ticket holder or member.
It would be a benefit if season ticket holders were charged less for the game than non season ticket holders.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:38 pm

I can assure you mate my spare ticket is going to a good city fan

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Perks of having a season ticket

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:41 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:The city St holders deserve that extra ticket

Don't see it myself, as the STH's have their ticket guaranteed and the ones who are tagging along on the back of them (i.e. with the 'extra' ticket) will in reality be no different to any other non-season ticket holder who may only frequent City games on limited occasions but have to wait for their ticket up in the rafters? Why make them more of a priority? :?

Don't blame people for wanting to sit together but it's apparently caused problems at the ticket office with unecessarily long waiting times, as (and I said this elsewhere) people try to get seats together even if it means the STH moving seats away from their normal position. That must be a logistical nightmare for office staff

The club should look after STH's on an individual basis first. Beyond that, they should look after Gold Members, Members and then others on any basis that looks after those that attend games even occasionally (database will know that), including a STH's best mate's best mate whose best mate wants a ticket from his best mate who has to ask his best mate "What colour are we in?" ;) :laughing6:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Well I got my seat and asked the girl at the ticket office for the extra one I didn't ask for it by me she took it upon herself to look if there where any spare seats by me I wasn't bothered about that when she said nothing by you I said no problem

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Sven wrote:

Don't see it myself, as the STH's have their ticket guaranteed and the ones who are tagging along on the back of them (i.e. with the 'extra' ticket) will in reality be no different to any other non-season ticket holder who may only frequent City games on limited occasions but have to wait for their ticket up in the rafters? Why make them more of a priority? :?

Don't blame people for wanting to sit together but it's apparently caused problems at the ticket office with unecessarily long waiting times, as (and I said this elsewhere) people try to get seats together even if it means the STH moving seats away from their normal position. That must be a logistical nightmare for office staff

The club should look after STH's on an individual basis first. Beyond that, they should look after Gold Members, Members and then others on any basis that looks after those that attend games even occasionally (database will know that), including a STH's best mate's best mate whose best mate wants a ticket from his best mate who has to ask his best mate "What colour are we in?" ;) :laughing6:
sven you make a great point and respect you're view and you are probberly right but we deserve the extra ticket just make sure it goes to somebody who deserve it hope you claimed you're extra one mate

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:24 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
Sven wrote:

sven you make a great point and respect you're view and you are probberly right but we deserve the extra ticket just make sure it goes to somebody who deserve it hope you claimed you're extra one mate

I'm not knocking anyone who has done it. The rules is the rules and we play them as they are :thumbright:

My only point is that STH's should only be guaranteed their own tickets as a 'right'

Great that staff are actively looking to keep people dtogether and also that they appreciate it when it can't be done :thumbright:

Didn't take my 'spare' allocation up, as I know the seats around me are all taken and the person I would bring (a non ST regular) wouldn't want to sit away from me

Enjoy the game. It'll be fun regardless of the result but it isn't impossible we could get a positive result :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:27 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
Sven wrote:

The benefit to a sth is having a reserved seat that's what you deserve. The extra one is a pain in the arse. The ticket office could have had a fast track booth for people who only wanted a ticket in their Seat as this only took minutes to complete. The rest can wait hours for someones elses ticket if they want..now that's a benefit..

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:08 pm

Sven wrote:

100% agree...it should be loyalty based..

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:53 pm

My wife is my plus one, she as seen 8 home game's this season, shes on her second flex ticket. She can't make every game because of work.
So if I couldn't have the extra ticket , she'd miss out.
There's probably a lot more like her, so I think its a good idea and a nice reward for season ticket holders.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:27 pm

People know the risks if they don't get a season ticket. I bought one this season but hadn't the 2 previous seasons but I understood what not being a season ticket holder meant and wouldn't have moaned.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:52 pm

nojac wrote:My wife is my plus one, she as seen 8 home game's this season, shes on her second flex ticket. She can't make every game because of work.
So if I couldn't have the extra ticket , she'd miss out.
There's probably a lot more like her, so I think its a good idea and a nice reward for season ticket holders.

how would she miss out?
e's probably a lot more like her, so I think its a good idea and a nice reward for season ticket holders.[/quote]

How would she miss out? she could get one when they go on general sale or you could give her your Mansfield stub or she could become a member or there will be lots of spares floating around by people who bought a second ticket but dont end up needing it. The reward is not for a season ticket holder it is for the person who is not a season ticket holder...you were lucky if you managed to get a seat next to yours or you moved seat, if not she will be on her own,

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:15 pm

I'm not a season ticket holder , but why should a season ticket holders mate get a ticket before any city fan ? Perks of being a season ticket holder is having a ticket for the game.. It should have been 1 ticket per season ticket holder then tickets should have been sold to people that have bought tickets for this season games on a sliding scale of most tickets bought first.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:People know the risks if they don't get a season ticket. I bought one this season but hadn't the 2 previous seasons but I understood what not being a season ticket holder meant and wouldn't have moaned.

the moans are not about season ticket holders shouldnt get a ticket..its the plus one.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:51 pm

So they should . Should be rewarded for paying for every game . Perks of having one

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:07 am

I've managed to get a ticket from a sth. I've never been before,the ticket is in the Ninian stand. I'm just wondering will i have a good view.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:11 am

bluebird12345 wrote:So they should . Should be rewarded for paying for every game . Perks of having one

Season ticket holders should have priority and get two tickets - I gave up my season ticket after many years in 2012, true fans will understand why and I don't wont a rebrand row- i remember being at Middlesboro in 2008 and had a tear in my eye at the final whistle knowing i would see city at Wembley in the fa cup semi final, i was one of about 9,000 season ticket holders then and we all got 3 tickets for Wembley, i love Cardiff but wont give mr tan a penny, i still go to about 10/12 away games a year so I'm hoping for a draw :bluescarf: everyone who goes have a great day we love cardiff :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:22 am

Kingyccfc wrote:I've managed to get a ticket from a sth. I've never been before,the ticket is in the Ninian stand. I'm just wondering will i have a good view.

Yeah, yeah! :roll: :oops:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:48 am

Kingyccfc wrote:I've managed to get a ticket from a sth. I've never been before,the ticket is in the Ninian stand. I'm just wondering will i have a good view.

The problem I have with the ninian is that they should have faced the stand towards the new pitch at the Cardiff city stadium instead of making it a Mecca to those who want to look at the old ground during the game.

It will be fine as long as you are happy turning your neck

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:07 pm

dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:People know the risks if they don't get a season ticket. I bought one this season but hadn't the 2 previous seasons but I understood what not being a season ticket holder meant and wouldn't have moaned.

the moans are not about season ticket holders shouldnt get a ticket..its the plus one.

Yeah I get that but the only way to guarantee a ticket is bring a season ticket holder. The club make it very clear they want to reward season ticket holders as much as possible. I expected they would be able to get a plus 1.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:42 pm

Totally agree The club has also issued cheap tickets to non season ticket holders from time to time for which i have no issue with, but i have put up my money in advanced for the season, my spare ticket will go to a deserving Bluebird :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:07 am

Jonsey Jones wrote:

The problem I have with the ninian is that they should have faced the stand towards the new pitch at the Cardiff city stadium instead of making it a Mecca to those who want to look at the old ground during the game.

It will be fine as long as you are happy turning your neck

Plus it's not sheltered so as long as it doesn't rain you'll be fine .

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:10 pm

bluespeers wrote:

Totally agree The club has also issued cheap tickets to non season ticket holders from time to time for which i have no issue with, but i have put up my money in advanced for the season, my spare ticket will go to a deserving Bluebird :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

I agree with you. Season Ticket Holders put their money upfront every February for something they won't get full benefit of until 15 months later.

The club want more STH's because it gives them a better idea of their playing budget for the following season. To attract STH the club has to offer as many benefits as possible.

By just giving 'one' ticket they are basically giving the same benefit as any other fan who gains a ticket for the game and that could be someone who hasn't attended for years but just happens to have a Mansfield stub off a friend.

By giving STH 2 tickets the club are nodding a wink to STH for their continued loyalty and support. It also allows the STH to decide where the second ticket goes rather than a database or faceless person in the Ticket Office.

The club would be cutting it's own throat if it didn't show this preference towards STH who might start to think why bother as any Tom Dick or Jack can get a ticket whilst my friends or family miss out.

BTW I'm a STH and I HAVEN'T taken up the second ticket.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:17 pm

Sven wrote:

The point is the STH get's to decide who gets tickets rather than someone in the Ticket Office or a Database algorithm. Not giving STH a second ticket doesn't guarantee that only 'deserving' fans get tickets. :?

However, it does guarantee that STH feel valued and get a real benefit from putting their money upfront 6 to 15 months in advance of receiving admittance to league games.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:08 pm

season ticket holders should be guaranteed a seat, other than that they should go on general sale.

yes they have shown loyalty, but the person they give the ticket to didnt have a season ticket, if you want to go down that route. everyone starts supporting the club somewhere, and if that's against man city then good luck to them. of course the vast majority won't but that's life.

will we really be selling out the ground though? we are getting crowds of about 17,000 nowadays so that would be double! how many other clubs have so many fans in 'reserve'....?

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:14 pm

northernbluebird wrote:season ticket holders should be guaranteed a seat, other than that they should go on general sale.

yes they have shown loyalty, but the person they give the ticket to didnt have a season ticket, if you want to go down that route. everyone starts supporting the club somewhere, and if that's against man city then good luck to them. of course the vast majority won't but that's life.

will we really be selling out the ground though? we are getting crowds of about 17,000 nowadays so that would be double! how many other clubs have so many fans in 'reserve'....?

lots of other clubs would see a big spike in attendance for a fixture like this, not sure why some of our fans want to pretend we are the only ones.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:56 am

northernbluebird wrote:season ticket holders should be guaranteed a seat, other than that they should go on general sale.

"Yes they have shown loyalty"

That's the reason end of debate. When those who hope to get a ticket when they go on general sale show the same level of 'loyalty' then they can expect the same benefits as STH. :roll:

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:55 am

CHRIS PIKE wrote:I'm not a season ticket holder , but why should a season ticket holders mate get a ticket before any city fan ? Perks of being a season ticket holder is having a ticket for the game.. It should have been 1 ticket per season ticket holder then tickets should have been sold to people that have bought tickets for this season games on a sliding scale of most tickets bought first.

Absolutely spot on there mate bang on the money you are