Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Derby v Bristol

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:55 pm

0-0 Half time

Neither team look very good.
Not sure how Bristol are so far up the table no attacking threat at all.

If we can get a striker in 2nd place finish is well within reach at end of the season

Re: Derby v Bristol

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:03 pm

agree, what a crap game...

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:40 pm

0-0 full time

Great result for us but what an awful game. Derby looked the better team but neither had any real quality.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:41 pm

Must be watching a totally different game to me. Thought both sides had plenty in attack but even better defences. Best result for us I think.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:45 pm

Second is definitely possible still. There no better than us

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:01 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:Must be watching a totally different game to me. Thought both sides had plenty in attack but even better defences. Best result for us I think.

Everybody has different opinions, thats whats great about football. Personally i thought neither team had much quality in and around the box. Agree that Both are strong defensively.
Bristol without Reid and flint would be very average and i can see them dropping off over the next month.
Derby will stay the course and fight with us and Aston villa for 2nd place but thats only because they are hard to break down and beat not because they are good offensively in my opinion.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:03 pm

Derby playing the replay of the penalty incident on the big screen as the ref was booking jerome for diving was a bit naughty. That should not be allowed.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:39 pm

Not a bad result, we need a win now :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:04 am

thomasblue wrote:Derby playing the replay of the penalty incident on the big screen as the ref was booking jerome for diving was a bit naughty. That should not be allowed.

It is not allowed and expect derby to be at least warned about it ! :thumbup:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:22 am

pembroke allan wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Derby playing the replay of the penalty incident on the big screen as the ref was booking jerome for diving was a bit naughty. That should not be allowed.

It is not allowed and expectderby to be at least warned about it ! :thumbup:[/quot

I thought it was a definte penalty but Jerome over-egged it and I thought justice was done. Simulation is just wrong, wrong, wrong. It was the right call by the referee. I'd rather see someone booked for simulation rather than a wrong decision. Serves his own right!

Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:09 am

City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It is not allowed and expectderby to be at least warned about it ! :thumbup:[/quot

I thought it was a definte penalty but Jerome over-egged it and I thought justice was done. Simulation is just wrong, wrong, wrong. It was the right call by the referee. I'd rather see someone booked for simulation rather than a wrong decision. Serves his own right!

Yeah have to agree. If he went down naturally he would have got the penalty he deserved. Overall I’d say it was the right decision due to jeromes theatrics

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:25 am

That Bobby Reid is a good player though, wonder why they let Tomlin go ;) , what a workhorse.

Gunnars mate was terrible when they moved him to centre half though and other than that not sure why they will overhaul us.

Wow- Derby's payroll must be in the lower premier league bracket, lots of ego's. Apart from the old lad pro Nuggent the subs didn't look happy coming off. Hopefully the niggles start there.

If we can get our shit back together no reason why second is still a probability rather than possibility.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:17 am

paulh_85 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yeah have to agree. If he went down naturally he would have got the penalty he deserved. Overall I’d say it was the right decision due to jeromes theatrics

Yes was a pen but ffs he was at pride park not la scala in Milan ! :laughing6: