Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock's worst signing!

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:13 pm

NW deserves all the credit he gets for what he's done during his tenure as manager and in the transfer market he has been very astute.
But he is only human and will make the odd poor purchase.

For me, his worst signing (at present) has been Tomlin. This was not good business. Just watched Derby v Bristol City - imagine if we could have got Bobbie Reid. Young fit skillful and hungry "a bundle of energy"_ - Tomlin on the other hand is skillful but is not fit, not hungry, (in the football sense of the word), and not so young.
Hope he proves me wrong but for me he is a skillful luxury player because he can only show it occasionally e.g.off the bench. We need a team of 11 all putting in a shift - he doesnt........ I hope he proves me wrong.
:bluebird: :thumbup:

Re: Warnock's worst signing!

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:25 pm

Totally disagree. Tomlinson hasn't had a run of games. When he's played he has shown just how creative he can be.
I'd like to see him play more often.
Halford and Bryson have been His worst signings by far.
Halford isn't a midfielder or defender and Bryson creates very little and loses possession too often.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:25 pm

Tomlin......predictive text

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:34 pm

Chamakh.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:48 pm

Tomlin due to the cost, I’m gutted he hasn’t worked out, as fit and on his best form would have been amazing !

Warnock thought he could have been the manager to get the best out of him, unfortunately he hasn’t been able to so far.

If he doesn’t knuckle down and get fit enough to start, his career is in serious decline.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:50 pm

At the moment i would say Lee Camp
Literally done nothing for 6/7 months.
Hopefully that will change at some point.

Other than that i agree with Chamakh and also Kieran Richardson.

Tomlin hasnt been a disaster yet but its going that way

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:52 pm

Bluebina wrote:Tomlin due to the cost, I’m gutted he hasn’t worked out, as fit and on his best form would have been amazing !

Warnock thought he could have been the manager to get the best out of him, unfortunately he hasn’t been able to so far.

If he doesn’t knuckle down and get fit enough to start, his career is in serious decline.

The question with Tomlin is how long do you allow this fitness problem to linger before be is in breach of his contract ?
He is not injured but is still massively unfit after 6 months of supposed training.
Surely there would be grounds to claim money back from him or stop paying

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:07 pm

Kieran Richardson

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:19 pm

How can tomlin have a run of games?.he's clearly unfit and wouldn't stand the pace.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:21 pm

Of course it's Tomlin, saying he hasn't had a run of games doesn't make it any better, Warnock has chosen not to give him games.

Put it this way would we be any better or worse off if we didn't sign him at all, don't think so.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Of course it's Tomlin, saying he hasn't had a run of games doesn't make it any better, Warnock has chosen not to give him games.

Put it this way would we be any better or worse off if we didn't sign him at all, don't think so.

We would be around 2 million better off financially. Squad wise at the moment on performances he wouldnt be missed and his contribution has been minimal. Keeping Whittingham wohld have been a better option in hindsite

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:49 pm

thomasblue wrote:At the moment i would say Lee Camp
Literally done nothing for 6/7 months.
Hopefully that will change at some point.

Other than that i agree with Chamakh and also Kieran Richardson.

Tomlin hasnt been a disaster yet but its going that way

Someone with sense :laughing5:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:16 am

When you consider the total cost and length of contract, Tomlin is by far the worst.

Some of the excuses people use for him are laughable, such as he needs match fitness. Before he gets match fit, he needs to get a base level of fitness which is the absolute minimum requirement for a professional football player.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:09 am

BBC are saying Tomlin is a doubt due to a knee injury.

Yeah he hasnt played much and is so unfit that picking up litter off the floor during his community service has screwed his knee but does that make him the worse signing?

Chamakh and that Rolf guy have to be up there

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:22 am

Tomlin because he's the most expensive and hasn't got himself fit at Christmas. There are minimum requirements as a footballer as he's not meeting them, regardless of his talent.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:27 am

103 Barmy Army wrote:When you consider the total cost and length of contract, Tomlin is by far the worst.

Some of the excuses people use for him are laughable, such as he needs match fitness. Before he gets match fit, he needs to get a base level of fitness which is the absolute minimum requirement for a professional football player.

Agree. I'm not suprised warnock hasn't played him. Warnock is a no nonsense guy if he plays a piss taker what message does this send out to the dressing room..

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:44 am

Wonder if we'll see a bit more of tomlin now we have a player like marko

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:00 am

surely ...the worse signing...has to be someone thats been brought in to do a job and failed...

Chamack ..Richardson...fuetscher..were all brought on small term contracts for cover...didnt come to a point where we needed them but they were what it said on the tin..
Tomlin was 100 per cent brought here to play and hasnt.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:01 am

Camp. Hasnt touched the first team. Tomlin is a game changer. Just unfit. So there's time lol

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:46 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Camp. Hasnt touched the first team. Tomlin is a game changer. Just unfit. So there's time lol

i know others thought differently but i never thought Warnock would sign a first team keeper { Camp } that he knew would be out for months..i always saw him as back up....thought we might need him at some point were Warnocks words a month or so ago..the player has been unfortunate with injury but not sure he would have played anyway..
Tomlin...was our marquee signing this season..and needs to pull his socks up if he doesnt want to join a long list of marquee flops..lambert..ingram.le fondre..cornelious. the list is endless.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:31 pm

Greg Halford hands down. Awful.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:10 pm

norms76 wrote:Greg Halford hands down. Awful.

Wow, can’t believe this one norms!
Warnock trusts him as a good squad player and brings him on usually late in the game to do a job. And he usually does it.
Someone like Camp who’s never played or Tomlin who cost a lot of money and is constantly overweight and unfit must surely be ahead of him?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:23 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Warnock trusts him as a good squad player and brings him on usually late in the game to do a job. And he usually does it.
Someone like Camp who’s never played or Tomlin who cost a lot of money and is constantly overweight and unfit must surely be ahead of him?

I just think he’s shit. Offers nothing, I knew before I posted it might raise some eyebrows but I don’t rate him at all.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:29 pm

agree.
i dont think we could have done a lot better if looking for a bench warmer that covers many positions who while not being great doesnt leave you down.
could we have spent the Tomlin money better...100% yes so far...really hope this changes because he is potentially a game/promotion winner.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:35 pm

dogfound wrote:

agree.
i dont think we could have done a lot better if looking for a bench warmer that covers many positions who while not being great doesnt leave you down.
could we have spent the Tomlin money better...100% yes so far...really hope this changes because he is potentially a game/promotion winner.

I based my choice on ability sorry fellas. If you base it on number of appearances then your Camps etc would defo be the worst but, I don’t rate Halford. Another would be Feeney too, I think they’re poor. I think the two we loaned out, Kennedy and O’Keefe are better.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:57 pm

If you don't remember former Crystal Palace player Marouane Chamakh was bought or on trial for us and I believe if given the run of games, he could of been a great player for us but he will go down in the book of flops for the bluebirds this season.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:40 pm

Won't be shedding any tears at his departure. Given a big opportunity but never got fit and "up to speed".
Croeso Gary Maxine! :bluebird: :thumbup:

Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:09 am

Tomlin because of the money wasted and camp

Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:14 am

Has to be tomlin, why are people saying chamakh

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:41 am

Tomlin as we paid good money for a waste of space! Shamakh & Richardson were temporary and at low cost so got what we paid for tomlin we didn't. :thumbup: