Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marko Grujić

Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:20 am

Incredible that we have to guarantee this player must play at least 14 games otherwise we face a hefty fine.
What if he's no good,gets suspended etc,if he's any good he'll play simple as that.
I wouldn't go bowing down to Liverpool in any way.
Most teams pay for loan players,if he's useless can we ask for our money back?

Re: Marko Grujić

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:23 am

I guess that we are not paying a loan fee, just part or all of his wages, that would be part of the deal, the guy is good, and as Warnock has said he wants to play him in the last 19 games, as for being suspended then that would not be down to us :thumbup:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:38 am

Due diligence says he is very good. NW wouldn’t do it otherwise.

As for it he gets suspended? No way will we have to pay then.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:43 am

I've had a good think about this one and believe it is not a bad thing for us.

Firstly, I would assume that those 14 games will exclude and suspensions or injuries, we cannot be held responsible for those games...... well I hope so.

Secondly, for Klopp to insist on this he must really rate the guy. If the loan was to benefit the player to find a new club or to free up squad positions then Klopp wouldn't care about playing time.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:45 am

It’s a deal whereby he must play a certain amount of games, but if he gets injured or I am guessing suspended we don’t have to pay, also there is allowance to give the boy a break also.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:59 am

Is it games or starts ?

Guess our loophole if starts if he doesn't work out it to start him and replace him with a sub , waste of one sub but beats the fine

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:00 am

I don't see it as a fine. You usually pay a loan fee. So basically liverpool are saying play him you can have him for the season