Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Fans

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:20 am

Cardiff City Fans (Season Ticket Holders) yesterday :bluebird: :bluebird:

When they really want a ticket they will be there :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City Fans

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:25 am

31 years watching the city it's never been any different in my time, am
Not one for the " glory hunter " " plastic " phrases , we have a massive fan base who don't go that regularly but when they want to go they will turn up in big numbers.

Am really looking forward to a full house. :thumbup:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:06 am

Stringfellow wrote:31 years watching the city it's never been any different in my time, am
Not one for the " glory hunter " " plastic " phrases , we have a massive fan base who don't go that regularly but when they want to go they will turn up in big numbers.

Absolutely. Big games helped to build our suppprt 10 years ago and more big games will slowly help to rebuild it now.

I'd love to see our expanded ground full and rocking in the Premier league.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:21 am

Aren’t these season ticket holders ?

If so they will be there anyway bit confused :lol:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:38 am

Dobbin wrote:Aren’t these season ticket holders ?

If so they will be there anyway bit confused :lol:

Exactly :lol: :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:05 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:31 years watching the city it's never been any different in my time, am

Absolutely. Big games helped to build our suppprt 10 years ago and more big games will slowly help to rebuild it now.

I'd love to see our expanded ground full and rocking in the Premier league.

This is exactly right.

Our average support increased massively after the FA Cup run.

A full house and top atmosphere against Man City could have the same affect if we win, draw or even go down to a brave defeat.

Today’s “casual” fan could become a regular if they get involved in the experience and atmosphere. That could be the biggest and most long lasting effect of this game over anything that happens on the pitch.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:07 pm

Near the top of the championship, shit crowds. We definitely do not have a massive fan base. If we did they would be turning up in their thousands every week home and away as Leeds fans do (hurts me to say it).

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Bluesman wrote:Near the top of the championship, shit crowds. We definitely do not have a massive fan base. If we did they would be turning up in their thousands every week home and away as Leeds fans do (hurts me to say it).

A 'fan base' and those who turn up regularly are two totally different things.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:05 pm

stevee1966 wrote:
Bluesman wrote:Near the top of the championship, shit crowds. We definitely do not have a massive fan base. If we did they would be turning up in their thousands every week home and away as Leeds fans do (hurts me to say it).

A 'fan base' and those who turn up regularly are two totally different things.

Absolutely correct, can we leave this one it's getting tedious.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:07 pm

As I have said before, this fluctuation of crowd figures from game to game is historic to Cardiff City FC, for example;
1959/60 season, April 16 v Aston Villa crowd 52364 (promoted) next home game 19 April v Plymouth 28890, last home game of the season 30 April v Bristol Rovers crowd 17624 b :o
1960/61 season, March 11 v Spurs crowd 45463,,, next home game v Blackpool on the 24 March crowd 19754 :oops:
1970/71 season, our famous game v Real Madrid, crowd of 47500, next home league game v QPR on the March 20, crowd 23309. :?
1975/76 season, & were in the old div 3, first home game of the season, Aug 23 v Bury, 6833. the following year, & were doing well, April 14 v Hereford crowd 35501 :clap: Three days later on the 17, & our last game of the season v Swindon, crowd of 23412. :?
1976/77 season, Jan 8, & we draw Spurs at home, crowd 27868, next home league game v Charlton on 22 Jan, crowd 11129. :(
Feb 26, we draw Everton at home in the cup, crowd 35582, next home league game v Orient on March 2, crowd 9336. :oops:

There are many more examples to this trend, some very recent one too.

In conclusion, City has always been well supported for the Big, high profile games, which has always been followed by deflated, lower crowds. The only consistency to this trend is that it is factually historic, over the decades & through the generations. Its nothing new, this phenomenon has always be the case, & I cant think of any City Chairman, owner,, or manager over the last fourty odd years who hasn't been either puzzled, or critical of our clubs support, over the years!

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:09 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:As I have said before, this fluctuation of crowd figures from game to game is historic to Cardiff City FC, for example;
1959/60 season, April 16 v Aston Villa crowd 52364 (promoted) next home game 19 April v Plymouth 28890, last home game of the season 30 April v Bristol Rovers crowd 17624 b :o
1960/61 season, March 11 v Spurs crowd 45463,,, next home game v Blackpool on the 24 March crowd 19754 :oops:
1970/71 season, our famous game v Real Madrid, crowd of 47500, next home league game v QPR on the March 20, crowd 23309. :?
1975/76 season, & were in the old div 3, first home game of the season, Aug 23 v Bury, 6833. the following year, & were doing well, April 14 v Hereford crowd 35501 :clap: Three days later on the 17, & our last game of the season v Swindon, crowd of 23412. :?
1976/77 season, Jan 8, & we draw Spurs at home, crowd 27868, next home league game v Charlton on 22 Jan, crowd 11129. :(
Feb 26, we draw Everton at home in the cup, crowd 35582, next home league game v Orient on March 2, crowd 9336. :oops:

In conclusion, City has always been well supported for the Big, high profile games, which has always been followed by deflated, lower crowds. The only consistency to this trend is that it is factually historic, over the decades & through the generations. Its nothing new, this phenomenon has always be the case, & I cant think of any City Chairman, owner,, or manager over the last fourty odd years who hasn't been either puzzled, or critical of our clubs support, over the years!

Thanks Stato :laughing6:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:18 pm

Is it just us that has these massive crowd variations?.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:22 pm

Bananas wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:As I have said before, this fluctuation of crowd figures from game to game is historic to Cardiff City FC, for example;

Thanks Stato :laughing6:

Its all well documented, all factual, & certainly nothing new.

I was once told by a successful business man that when you start to analyse figures, you start making money (not loosing it), so there we go.