Let's give Man City a Cardiff welcome

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Stringfellow » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:34 am

4pm on a Sunday in January, full house against one of the best teams on the planet. Have we got a chance? Course we have, very minimal one and the only way is to create the type of atmosphere we have been known for over the years.

It's going to be a full house and you will get many faces from the past, the passion will return for this match I can assure to that. The stadium argument is a load of nonesense, it just needs to be 3/4 full at least. If you want to debate that, google our Derby match against the jacks in 2009, Leicester in the play offs and palace in the cup you can even throw in Man City in the premiership.

We will never replicate the toxic atmosphere at Ninian, but the noise levels in the games mentioned were the loudest I have heard following Cardiff.

Without doubt we need to rattle a few cages on the pitch but let's embrace a full house and the white hot atmosphere this is going to be. :thumbup:
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Let's give Man City a Cardiff welcome

Postby Cantonblu » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:47 am

Been reading the Man city forum and good to see they're taken us seriously and fair play to them some good comments.Some saying field a strong team and others saying no as they are expecting us to give them casualties kicking them off the park and us bluebirds being a potential banana skin with Pep not underestimating our side.
Cantonblu

Postby Wayne S » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:14 am

I know you say it's impossible But I'd rather give them the atmosphere we gave Leeds in the cup in 2002 and more importantly Man City in the cup in 1994, which was also in the 4th Round.
Wayne S

Postby Red Barron » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:21 am

A Cardiff welcome? These days that's an empty stadium with no atmosphere as our 'fans' only turn up for big games.
Red Barron

Postby dogfound » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:11 am

Red Barron wrote:A Cardiff welcome? These days that's an empty stadium with no atmosphere as our 'fans' only turn up for big games.

these days..?
back then our average crowds were about a 1/3 of what they are now..
dogfound

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:21 am

dogfound wrote:
Red Barron wrote:A Cardiff welcome? These days that's an empty stadium with no atmosphere as our 'fans' only turn up for big games.

these days..?

A red lover looking at the past with Rose tinted glasses?
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby theclaw » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:23 am

Stringfellow wrote:4pm on a Sunday in January, full house against one of the best teams on the planet. Have we got a chance? Course we have, very minimal one and the only way is to create the type of atmosphere we have been known for over the years.

It's going to be a full house and you will get many faces from the past, the passion will return for this match I can assure to that. The stadium argument is a load of nonesense, it just needs to be 3/4 full at least. If you want to debate that, google our Derby match against the jacks in 2009, Leicester in the play offs and palace in the cup you can even throw in Man City in the premiership.

We will never replicate the toxic atmosphere at Ninian, but the noise levels in the games mentioned were the loudest I have heard following Cardiff.

Without doubt we need to rattle a few cages on the pitch but let's embrace a full house and the white hot atmosphere this is going to be. :thumbup:

I was bit against this fixture before the Mansfield replay cos of the poor turnout in the first game but he ho games like this don’t come round too often.So yes let’s fill the Stadium and as you say give them a Cardiff welcome.
Be nice to all get in early with flags,scarfs and city tops :bluescarf: Hey Jude would be special too :bluebird:
theclaw

Postby Red Barron » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:44 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

these days..?

A city fan since 1989 who wonders why in a city of 360k people our crowds are rubbish, except when Man City roll into town and they all show up? 17700 against Sunderland was a joke especially with the deals on season tickets
Red Barron

Postby Bluebina » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:02 pm

Wayne S wrote:I know you say it's impossible But I'd rather give them the atmosphere we gave Leeds in the cup in 2002 and more importantly Man City in the cup in 1994, which was also in the 4th Round.

That would be brilliant, but those days are long gone.

This will be more of a Wales type crowd with more women and children, and plastics going for a day out, modern football it will never be the same.

If we had drawn them away we would have had a much better atmosphere in our own end.
Bluebina

Postby Stringfellow » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:10 pm

dogfound wrote:

these days..?

With that outlook the ground is sure to be rocking. :thumbup: But this is a big game.
Stringfellow

Postby Stringfellow » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:13 pm

Red Barron wrote:
dogfound wrote:

these days..?

A city fan since 1989 who wonders why in a city of 360k people our crowds are rubbish, except when Man City roll into town and they all show up? 17700 against Sunderland was a joke especially with the deals on season tickets

Because the people of Cardiff don't support the local team, the core has always come from the surrounding areas and valleys. Don't take any joy saying that, it's a fact.
Stringfellow

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:26 pm

Red Barron wrote:
dogfound wrote:

these days..?

A City fan from 1965 I know, understand and accept how these things work.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby skiprat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:34 pm

Pmsl check out our league crowds when we played man city in 94 and Leeds in 02 .dreadful compared to what we get now.
skiprat

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:58 pm

skiprat wrote:Pmsl check out our league crowds when we played man city in 94 and Leeds in 02 .dreadful compared to what we get now.

I went to every home in 94, but my family couldn’t afford the cost of a season ticket up front. If it wasn’t for the Groundsman at the time (Wayne Nash) sorting me out a ticket, I would have missed out. As it’s happens, I went and had most memorable Birthday of my life.

The day was also memorable for my mate who phoned into work sick. Unfortunately, his boss seen him on the pitch after the game, running his hands throug his hair and a big cheesy grin on his face. :lol:
103 Barmy Army

Postby dogfound » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
dogfound wrote:

these days..?

With that outlook the ground is sure to be rocking. :thumbup: But this is a big game.

WHAT OUTLOOK.
i know this is extremely difficult for you...but it was a reply... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
dogfound

Postby nubbsy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:11 pm

Red Barron wrote:
dogfound wrote:

these days..?

Well then you should know how small our core support it then? The match day these days is wet as f**k, so people don't come. That's there choice. Get over it.
nubbsy

Return to General Chat