Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wolves

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:08 am

Have just started the Iwan Roberts book about the Canaries promotion season in 2003-4.

This part made me laugh, 15 years later it remains true.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Wolves

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:46 am

Seems to be a common theme with Wolvesalona and that was borne out in our early season visit there in August. Whilst reasonably friendly and chatty before the game, it was clear they really wanted to dismiss City as any kind of threat to them and had a smug arrogance about the way they told us! :roll:

The way that game panned out was brilliant! Wolves fans, players and their shell-shocked manager were made to look mugs inside their own stadium and some of the songs they sang, particularly towards an appreciative Neil Warnock (he later said they only sing those songs because they secretly admire him! :clap: ) showed how pathetic they really are

City snatching a late winner was brilliant (one of the best "up yours" results I've seen) and the tone/attiude of the Wolvesalona supporters drably leaving their stadium was a sight to behold; shell-shocked, down-heartened (they knew they'd been in a battle) yet still incredibly smug, arrogant and dismissive of what they'd just witnessed

I once worked with a guy from that part of the world who was an avid Wolves fan (Lyndipops will know who I mean :( ) and he was of that ilk. Smug, arrogant and dismissive of anything he saw as 'not in his interests' no matter what they were or who they affected.

Their a well balanced society though. Wolves fans have a 'chip' on both shoulders! ;) :lol:

Re: Wolves

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:59 pm

Have a bigger one at moment 0-2 at home :laughing6: