Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Small crowd / big crowd

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:34 am

Small crowd - Let’s slag off those who don’t come as a crap fanbase
Large crowd - Let’s slag off those who come as plastics

WTF, people can’t win

Truth is you can never please our small group of elite supporters- all 50 of them.

F@*k it - it’s a football match, go if you want, don’t go if you don’t.

I go, my choice :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Re: Small crowd / big crowd

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:17 pm

JayCee wrote:Small crowd - Let’s slag off those who don’t come as a crap fanbase
Large crowd - Let’s slag off those who come as plastics

WTF, people can’t win

Truth is you can never please our small group of elite supporters- all 50 of them.

F@*k it - it’s a football match, go if you want, don’t go if you don’t.

I go, my choice :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Spot on but to be honest the keyboard warriors are exactly what they is, so don't really take much notice.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:21 pm

Good post which I agree with.
I went sporadically for years as I played on a Saturday afternoon which was my choice and I very much preferred to play than watch.
Now I’m pretty constant in going. Can’t stand people on here that think they are ‘super fans’ and look down at others because they pick their games etc.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi guys can see where your coming from , I’m a season ticket holder but due to health issues(the big c) I choose to miss games for my long term benefit,especially if it’s cold weather , will continue to get season ticket as long as I got a breath in my body.
Does that make me any less of a fan just because my seat could be empty for a few games a season .

Once a Blue always a blue , no matter f you. Go or not . :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:51 pm

lord raglan wrote:Hi guys can see where your coming from , I’m a season ticket holder but due to health issues(the big c) I choose to miss games for my long term benefit,especially if it’s cold weather , will continue to get season ticket as long as I got a breath in my body.
Does that make me any less of a fan just because my seat could be empty for a few games a season .

No not even a bit.

Hope you beat it. The thing I hate most about cancer is that seemingly more and more children seem to be getting it. Hearing a child say chemo is the most horrible thing.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:47 pm

maccydee wrote:
lord raglan wrote:Hi guys can see where your coming from , I’m a season ticket holder but due to health issues(the big c) I choose to miss games for my long term benefit,especially if it’s cold weather , will continue to get season ticket as long as I got a breath in my body.

No not even a bit.

Hope you beat it. The thing I hate most about cancer is that seemingly more and more children seem to be getting it. Hearing a child say chemo is the most horrible thing.

Neil, I lost my wife to cancer a couple of years ago, my mum before that and a good friend this very week :cry:

It is a wretched disease that shows no respect to age, sex, race, fitness or lifestyle. One doctor reminded me that whilst we appear to be hearing more and more about it occurring, a huge part of that is recognition and early detection, which increasingly leads to successful intervention

Sadly, it didn't work for my late wife, my mum or my good friend but they are increasingly getting there and I hope this is the case for Martyn (Lord Raglan) :thumbright:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:49 pm

Lord Raglan, you are as important a fan as anyone else, regardless.

As for the self proclaimed "super Fans",,,, who deem others to be plastics,,, I just put that down to having an immature, inferiority complex.
Once A CITY fan, Always a CITY fan!!!

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:54 pm

Well said mate. I wish people would enjoy the moment and stop winging about our fans. Constant negativity that will NOT help attendances. Why would anyone want to turn up after reading this board when all people do is moan about the crowds?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:05 pm

nubbsy wrote:Well said mate. I wish people would enjoy the moment and stop winging about our fans. Constant negativity that will NOT help attendances. Why would anyone want to turn up after reading this board when all people do is moan about the crowds?

Well said.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:12 pm

Thanks for the good wishes all.
I’m not the only football fan going through this and won’t be last , never been a doom merchant and as cool hand luke said .... still shaking the tree boss .

Here’s to a result today , it’s going to be a roller coaster of a season jump on and enjoy the ride . :bluebird:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:55 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Good post which I agree with.
I went sporadically for years as I played on a Saturday afternoon which was my choice and I very much preferred to play than watch.
Now I’m pretty constant in going. Can’t stand people on here that think they are ‘super fans’ and look down at others because they pick their games etc.

Likewise although I always still did ok, Friday night games midweek some on a Sunday and often match would be called off. My nephew is in same situation, I have him same advise that I had. Just play kid, because your legs won't last forever but City will. One a city fan always a city fan. :thumbup:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Go if you want don’t go if you don’t want to.Its I go go cos I love it :thumbup:
The thingI can’t handle is the excuses some people come up with.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Good post which I agree with.

Likewise although I always still did ok, Friday night games midweek some on a Sunday and often match would be called off. My nephew is in same situation, I have him same advise that I had. Just play kid, because your legs won't last forever but City will. One a city fan always a city fan. :thumbup:

Yeah me too mate, games called off .... straight down to Ninian Park!
Loved the night matches but don’t remember any Friday night ones when I was playing!
;)