Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Club - Ticket Selling Policy

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:47 am

Does anyone else think that bearing in mind we have 14,500 season ticket holders and the offer of an additional ticket was made available that the club put pressure on themselves by not giving sufficient number of days to sell where the majority of the tickets would be sold.

I would have made it season ticket holders till midnight Sunday 21 January - guaranteed your seat via online phone and at the stadium

From Monday 22 those with a Mansfield ticket plus season ticket holders - online phone and at stadiun

Tuesday 23 Members Mansfield ticket holders and season tickets - online phone and at stadium

From Thursday 25 any remaining tickets in general sale - online phone and at stadium

One thing we all know is it will be a sell out so why put the pressure on the staff who do an excellent job and it would avoid the queues.

Let’s hope that everyone who has online issues once this match has gone take some time out and sort the on line issues out so the next big game it goes smooth. :thumbup:

Re: The Club - Ticket Selling Policy

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:53 am

I think thy have got it spot on this time. Great to acknowledge fans at Mansfield games too

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:56 am

Not disputing the allocating of tickets which I think is spot on but the pressure the club put on themselves by not allowing a longer period for season ticket sales only

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:01 am

Which ever scenario you look at it, the club simply can't satisfy everyone's wishes. I think the biggest single problem appears to have been the he on line ticket purchasing options. With all the problems it seems not fit for purpose for the big games, & certainly needs looking into!

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:07 am

Policy is OK but could have extended time to purchase tickets to allow for problems that could occur and did! Also e-ticketing needs a major overhaul to make it simpler and user friendly must have been 5 or 6 different issues with it. :roll:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:19 am

boyo1927 wrote:I think thy have got it spot on this time. Great to acknowledge fans at Mansfield games too

Agree! :thumbright:

Very difficult for the club, as they have a limited time to get it all sorted and whichever methods and allocations they choose to use they will get slated by someone who is inconvenienced by their choices

The club have a lot of people to service with their tickets and limited numbers of staff with which to do it. The game is pretty much a 'one-off' for this season (unless we win, of course) so it is unreasonable to expect the club to employ lots more staff for a single occasion

Sadly, for those affected, the rules at the start of this and any other season were clear, i.e. season ticket holders would be looked after as a priority, followed by Gold Members and Members before the remaining seats were sold on a 'first come, first served' basis

It's not perfect. It can never be so or we'd all be first in the queue. But the positive for those still waiting is that the game is highly unlikely to be a complete sell-out (I believe only Manchester United would have seen that happen) so anyone who wants to attend should be able to do so :thumbright:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:26 am

Are the tickets put onto our seasons or do we get sent tickets, anyone know?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:29 am

Took me 5 mins online to purchase mine, but I regularly order tickets via eticketing. Was the 2hrs queue wales online reported really necessary? There’s still plenty of tickets

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:17 pm

NPCC39 wrote:Took me 5 mins online to purchase mine, but I regularly order tickets via eticketing. Was the 2hrs queue wales online reported really necessary? There’s still plenty of tickets

I registered on etickets years ago (when it first started) but have hardly ever used it, so familiarity is the problem. However yesterday after queueing for over two hrs I got back & re visited the eticketing site (I forgot my old log in code, so did a new one), & Im pretty sure if used frequently would have saved me a lot of time and effort.

Looking at the eticketing site earlier for the Man City game there dosent appear to be that mant available seats left???

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:33 pm

NPCC39 wrote:Took me 5 mins online to purchase mine, but I regularly order tickets via eticketing. Was the 2hrs queue wales online reported really necessary? There’s still plenty of tickets

Posted out, if purchased online until Tuesday, I believe. After that, collection from Ticket Office only :thumbright:

Don't blame people for queueing. Even for STH's, it's always a worry until the tickets are in your hand :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:42 pm

As a season ticket holder i have always used eticketing for buying cup tickets - Mansfield Shrewsbury Wimbledon Colchester Bournemouth to name but a few. Never had a problem before and didn't this week either.
Either people have always bought direct from the ticket office in the past or have never been to a cup game before.