From depths of despair over Christmas now flying again

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: From depths of despair over Christmas now flying again

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Well a home win over the worse team in the league and an away win against a team 2 divisions below us I would not put that down as flying again.

Still I guess there is nothing wrong looking positive. However I prefer to have my feet firmly on the ground than my head in cloud cockoo land.

But aren't we a lot higher than you predicted at the start of the season? So why keep your feet on the ground, enjoy it.

Yeah we are and I am enjoying it.

Why you ask? Well because I've seen us blow this situation before with for some a great manager like Dave Jones. Thanks anyway but I'll keep my feet on the ground.
Bakedalasker

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:56 pm

maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Well a home win over the worse team in the league and an away win against a team 2 divisions below us I would not put that down as flying again.

Still I guess there is nothing wrong looking positive. However I prefer to have my feet firmly on the ground than my head in cloud cockoo land.

Here comes grinch.

A team top of the league didn’t beat.

I don't see how our first league win in 5 games suddenly means we are flying again either. Does'nt surprise me though, a win and we are the best in the league, a defeat and we are doomed. If we win today, things will be looking on the up. A defeat and we will have had 3 points out of a possible 18. Think I would wait a while yet.

WE'RE THIRD.

we are flying - it's an undeniable fact.

You're clearly a glass half empty kind of guy.

Too many are.

Because a month back we were well clear of 7th place, and it looked difficult to drop out of the top six. Now, after one win in six games, the gap is being closed at a rate of knots. I can't see how we have gone from the depths of despair to flying high again when we are getting closer than ever to having a real fight on our hands to stay in the top six.
I agree that top three is a great achievement, but things have not improved much since xmas apart from our one win against Sunderland.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:09 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Here comes grinch.

I don't see how our first league win in 5 games suddenly means we are flying again either. Does'nt surprise me though, a win and we are the best in the league, a defeat and we are doomed. If we win today, things will be looking on the up. A defeat and we will have had 3 points out of a possible 18. Think I would wait a while yet.

WE'RE THIRD.

Too many are.

Because a month back we were well clear of 7th place, and it looked difficult to drop out of the top six. Now, after one win in six games, the gap is being closed at a rate of knots. I can't see how we have gone from the depths of despair to flying high again when we are getting closer than ever to having a real fight on our hands to stay in the top six.
I agree that top three is a great achievement, but things have not improved much since xmas apart from our one win against Sunderland.

Wasting your time Steve.
Bakedalasker

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:21 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Here comes grinch.

WE'RE THIRD.

Too many are.

Wasting your time Steve.

I suppose it boils down to the fact that I never thought of us as being in the depths of despair in the first place. I thought we were doing very well, but our form has dropped off over the last month or so, and has not yet picked back up. If we only pick up another one win from our next six games, then I will agree that we are in the depths of despair. We need a striker who can put the ball in the net, and if Warnock can get one in this month, we can hang on in there.
Steve Zodiak

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:29 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

But aren't we a lot higher than you predicted at the start of the season? So why keep your feet on the ground, enjoy it.

Why you ask? Well because I've seen us blow this situation before with for some a great manager like Dave Jones. Thanks anyway but I'll keep my feet on the ground.

Suppose all success is relavtive to the person. I never expected us to go up really so I feel we are flying. But I know you Ian, your still counting the points from the bottom 3.
2blue2handle

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:32 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Suppose all success is relavtive to the person. I never expected us to go up really so I feel we are flying. But I know you Ian, your still counting the points from the bottom 3.

not for long now
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:21 pm

Flying even higher.

In Warnock I trust.
maccydee

Postby City Slicker » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:55 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Here comes grinch.

WE'RE THIRD.

Too many are.

Oops Steve, what'll it take to get you to glass half full? :lol: :bluebird:
City Slicker

Postby maccydee » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:23 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Here comes grinch.

WE'RE THIRD.

Too many are.

Oops Steve, what'll it take to get you to glass half full? :lol: :bluebird:

With some people we could finish 2nd and it will be said we should have finished top.
maccydee

Postby paulh_85 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:43 pm

f**k me how did I miss this thread the first time around.

It’s like a morrisey gig in here you miserable bastards :lol:
paulh_85

Postby maccydee » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:53 pm

paulh_85 wrote:f**k me how did I miss this thread the first time around.

There were a lot worse over xmas.
maccydee

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:19 am

maccydee wrote:

And it's still Tan Out from me.

There you go more ammunition for you 2 f...ckers.
Bakedalasker

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:21 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

There you go more ammunition for you 2 f....ckers.

:D :D

I don’t know why I ever thought you were a boring old fart, you’re alright actually :lol:
paulh_85

Postby maccydee » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:13 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

:D :D

I don’t know why I ever thought you were a boring old fart, you’re alright actually :lol:

Yep, get rid of our best owner in generations.

Suicide that would be. Suicide.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:31 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Language Ian.
maccydee

Previous

Return to General Chat