Grujics performance

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Grujics performance

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:56 pm

The new guy done ok. Picked up the booking that wouldn’t have helped him, and looked occasionally ponderous but he will adjust

I’m optimistic
paulh_85

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Scoularfan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Clubs don't lend players who are the finished article , you have to round them off ,sometimes they dont make it ,thing is they ain't playing so they come to get game time , we will have to wait and see :idea:
Scoularfan

Postby Cantonblu » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:12 pm

Take the hit now and pay the Liverpool fine,thought he was going to dominate and control for me offered nothing and no wonder he was let out on loan ,would have preferred a Paterson start
Cantonblu

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Cantonblu wrote:Take the hit now and pay the Liverpool fine,thought he was going to dominate and control for me offered nothing and no wonder he was let out on loan ,would have preferred a Paterson start

f**k sake :lol:
paulh_85

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:15 pm

Cantonblu wrote:Take the hit now and pay the Liverpool fine,thought he was going to dominate and control for me offered nothing and no wonder he was let out on loan ,would have preferred a Paterson start

:lol: you really thought that when he has been with his team mates a few days and only played a few competitive games in the last couple of years :shock:

Maybe your taking the piss thought reading again and u didn't get it.
2blue2handle

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:22 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with the post that we never look convincing with 3 at the back and wingbacks.

need to go back to 433 and we can with harris coming back as we can rotate or rest the wide forwards.

Bryson, Danour and at some point gunnar with Ralls and Grujic, looks strong enough
llan bluebird

Postby City Slicker » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:33 pm

I thought Grujic had a very mundane performance but, given his lack of game time, I'm sure he'll come good for us. The elephant in the room (if not on the pitch) is the absence of Gunnarsson. I'm sure people are increasingly convinced how vitally important he is and without him our midfield always looks much weaker. With Gunnarsson back I expect Grujic to develop his game with us.

On another note, Manga is starting to give me "squeaky bum time" whenever I see him play. Gunnarsson's return will allow us to have a solid back four with Morrison and Bamba in the middle and I expect that formation to be more effective.
City Slicker

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:52 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I wholeheartedly agree with the post that we never look convincing with 3 at the back and wingbacks.

need to go back to 433 and we can with harris coming back as we can rotate or rest the wide forwards.

Bryson, Danour and at some point gunnar with Ralls and Grujic, looks strong enough

We have ideal wingback in my opinion, Richards, Bennett, Patterson but not centre backs. In a back three I don't think you would want two towering centre backs like Morrison and Bamba. You want one and the other two who pick up the rest/loose balls and have a bit more agility to fill the gaps.
2blue2handle

Postby bluebird7291 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:17 pm

Should glimpses of class. When he turned on the ball you could see he had it.
But just give him time to gel with the side. He will be a great signing
bluebird7291

Postby bluemun » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:46 pm

Totally agree. I hope NW ditches the back three completely.
Once Gunnars is fit, it has to be 4-3-3.
bluemun

Postby BlueDredd » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:34 am

He will only grow more into the games. The championship is nothing like the premier league..

I feel he showed up in a few good areas of the pitch both attacking and in front of the back four. But he’s a quality player, and after checking the Liverpool forums they’ve had nothing but great things to say.

Tough away game for his debut.. settle down and wait.
JUDGEMENT TIME!
BlueDredd

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:55 am

His class is obvious, way he passes the ball and his confidence on the ball better than anyone else in the squad and this team needs that, someone to control the game from midfield, physical and made some good challenges too which is good. His booking early on made him go in his shell a bit maybe and obviously didnt help, he will get better and better more games he plays.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby Bluesman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:21 am

He looked very composed on the ball and took a booking for the team, I am sure he will be a good signing for us. But boy do we need a goal scorer.
Bluesman

Postby Lawnmower » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:33 am

Patterson should have started instead of Richards.

Richards never tries to create anything. Backwards or into touch. Not suited to wing back
Lawnmower

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:29 am

Didn't do anything apart from his shot, looked lost
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Postby john52 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:45 am

Ithinkyou have a VERY VALID point in saying that
john52

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:52 am

2blue2handle wrote:

:lol: you really thought that when he has been with his team mates a few days and only played a few competitive games in the last couple of years :shock:

Maybe your taking the piss thought reading again and u didn't get it.

I think this guy is a wind up.
Nobody’s that thick.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Mike Strinati » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:23 am

Cardiff fans really are the best! Couldnt make it up! :clap: :lol: Give him a few weeks at least.
Mike Strinati

Previous

Return to General Chat