Very happy with Zohore tonight

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:40 pm

He scored a perfectly great goal which was inexplicably disallowed, but the rest of his game was very impressive tonight.

He showed signs of being back to his old self, making himself available, holding the ball up, better energy with his movement and closing down and bullying their centre backs. What a contrast to the Preston and Mansfield games and hopefully, he can keep kicking on.

We made so many unforced errors and we were very lucky to keep a clean sheet. We probably wouldn't have kept a clean sheet if they had Steven Fletcher and Gary Hooper up front. A draw isn't a disaster though and I think we just about deserved the point overall.

My man of the match was Jazz Richards. A solid, faultless display in my opinion. I know Reach had a few opportunities down Richards' side, but they were all from us giving the ball away and Richards being dragged out of position to cover.
Tonteg Bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Very happy with Zohore tonight

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Me too......Happy with all of them

Only wish the gaffer could see the dutch lad was running on empty 10 mins earlier than the substitution.
llan bluebird

Postby welshrarebit » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:21 pm

To be fair to the 2 new signings they have barely played all season. They showed some good flashes
welshrarebit

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Totally agree about jazz tonight. Slightly confused with people picking etheridge

Agree with zohore too he was much better, really needs a goal though
paulh_85

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:05 am

He had a decent game but i aint convinced, he always looks sloppy infront of goal to me not a deadly clinical finisher to gobble them chances up that comes into the box, he scores wonder goals but id rather someone like grabban who would be more alert and deadly in the box
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby Lawnmower » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:19 am

Sorry . I thought Richards was poor. Slowed everything down, went backwards instead of crossing. Never tried to beat his man and gave possession away in defensive positions a few times.

Can't see what he adds to the team. I'd prefer Patterson in if we are playing wing backs
Lawnmower

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:27 am

The problem for Kenny is he is not a Lambert type despite his size i believe he needs someone close or even be a lead forward. He won more headers yesterday than i can remember because they couldn't double up on him because Wildchut was up there too and looked a bit of a handful.

We need to drop the 5th defender and push a midfield much closer or play a second striker.

go back to a defend first back 4, where Jazz or Peltier are better then Paterson (so far)
llan bluebird

Postby phildavies » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:40 am

Played well most surprising thing for me was the amount of headers he won.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby nubbsy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:47 am

Worked hard and seems motivated. He's taken a couple of games to get up to speed but if he carries on working hard the goals will come.
nubbsy

Postby bluespeers » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:19 am

Yes have to agree, showed more effort and had a decent game fingers crossed he will be back to his best very soon :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
bluespeers

Postby NyeBluebird » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:55 am

paulh_85 wrote:Totally agree about jazz tonight. Slightly confused with people picking etheridge

Confused about picking Etheridge? The guy saved us many times, even when he didn't make saves he closed down quick enough to force the striker into putting it wide.
NyeBluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:56 am

NyeBluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Totally agree about jazz tonight. Slightly confused with people picking etheridge

Confused about picking Etheridge? The guy saved us many times, even when he didn't make saves he closed down quick enough to force the striker into putting it wide.

he did well but hardly made save after safe. Wednesdays best chance was hit right at him
paulh_85

Postby bluebird58 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:47 pm

phildavies wrote:Played well most surprising thing for me was the amount of headers he won.

Wildschut was very much playing with him up front meaning he had only one Centre back to cope with. In recent games he has been a lone striker up front with the Centre backs able to “double team” him, making it harder to win the ball in the air.

But in general, Zohore is starting to return to the form he was showing before his injury.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby northernbluebird » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:13 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:He had a decent game but i aint convinced, he always looks sloppy infront of goal to me not a deadly clinical finisher to gobble them chances up that comes into the box, he scores wonder goals but id rather someone like grabban who would be more alert and deadly in the box

a player with the ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play, plus a clinical finisher, would cost £30m+ in this market. in fact, how many players in the premier league fit that description? not too many. for the championship he is unplayable. he's probably averaged around 1 in 3 so his goalscoring is fine, but his real value is as a striker who runs the channels and is perfect for english football.
northernbluebird

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:41 pm

northernbluebird wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:He had a decent game but i aint convinced, he always looks sloppy infront of goal to me not a deadly clinical finisher to gobble them chances up that comes into the box, he scores wonder goals but id rather someone like grabban who would be more alert and deadly in the box

Lots of predatory strikers out there who are better finishers thab zohore in and around the box, i would rather have a striker like that because we create the chances just aint got no1 to put them away, zohore aint that man i dont think

a player with the ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play, plus a clinical finisher, would cost £30m+ in this market. in fact, how many players in the premier league fit that description? not too many. for the championship he is unplayable. he's probably averaged around 1 in 3 so his goalscoring is fine, but his real value is as a striker who runs the channels and is perfect for english football.

Lots of predatory strikers out there who are better finishers thab zohore in and around the box, i would rather have a striker like that because we create the chances just aint got no1 to put them away, zohore aint that man i dont think
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Return to General Chat