Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

4 out of 18 points

Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:48 pm

Is not good enough for a side going for promotion especially automatic. Especially considering the relatively week opposition

Re: 4 out of 18 points

Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:50 pm

Brezza wrote:Is not good enough for a side going for promotion especially automatic. Especially considering the relatively week opposition

Or 4 from 6 or shall we put our 4 wins on the bounce and do maths on that. The only statistic is we are 3rd 2 points off second in a season we were hoping play offs best. Get a grip.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:53 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Brezza wrote:Is not good enough for a side going for promotion especially automatic. Especially considering the relatively week opposition

Or 4 from 6 or shall we put our 4 wins on the bounce and do maths on that. The only statistic is we are 3rd 2 points off second in a season we were hoping play offs best. Get a grip.

Do wonder sometimes why people use stats to define things? As you say only stat that matters is we are 3rd what else is there to know? :laughing6:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:01 pm

Even if we won is 6 from 18 good enough?
We could win the next few weeks and still grabs those four loses to make a point.

The league table doesn't lie, we are doing well and currently just short but all clubs hit a patch.

Some fans just love to knock the team.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Even if we won is 6 from 18 good enough?
We could win the next few weeks and still grabs those four loses to make a point.

The league table doesn't lie, we are doing well and currently just short but all clubs hit a patch.

Some fans just love to knock the team.

Not fans just keyboard warriors.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:49 pm

I was always worried about Villa and think they will push on now - I did not think we would be in the position in January I though we would finish between 8 - 12- If and it’s a big IF could get a striker but not put us under financial pressure then I think we might just stay ok the playoff positions which for me will be a massive bonus :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:24 pm

Dobbin wrote:I was always worried about Villa and think they will push on now - I did not think we would be in the position in January I though we would finish between 8 - 12- If and it’s a big IF could get a striker but not put us under financial pressure then I think we might just stay ok the playoff positions which for me will be a massive bonus :ayatollah:

I thought it about Villa a couple of months ago, they looked unstoppable at one point and then dropped right back again. I always think Villa under Bruce are not far off a bad few games. Derby I think look to strong but again will the pressure get to them like previous seasons.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:56 pm

I’d agree with that if we had a rubbish start to the season
But we’re third
No one thought we’d be in this position
Give yourself a break !

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:51 pm

4 from 18.....3rd place.......4 from 6.....all immaterial if we don't find someone to put the ball in the net.

Oh and for the smart arses who will say 8 in our last 2 before tonight....well I'm talking against the not so easy teams.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:27 am

Bakedalasker wrote:4 from 18.....3rd place.......4 from 6.....all immaterial if we don't find someone to put the ball in the net.

Oh and for the smart arses who will say 8 in our last 2 before tonight....well I'm talking against the not so easy teams.

Good point, but also felt we have struggled against the lower teams more than the top.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:33 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:4 from 18.....3rd place.......4 from 6.....all immaterial if we don't find someone to put the ball in the net.

Good point, but also felt we have struggled against the lower teams more than the top.

not looking good then is it.