Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: GOOD POINT AS CITY LACK PUNCH TO FINISH JOB

Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:55 pm

My View/Opinion

Neil Warnock started with a good team tonight and early signs were that they would overcome a Sheffield Wednesday side looking like they were still trying to get it together under their new manager :thumbright: :bluebird:

First Half

City started well and the two new boys, Wildscuk and Grujic, looked like they will add to the existing options currently open to Neil Warnock. Without punishing Wednesday, City were well on top for the first 35 minutes and carved out a number of chances that might on another day brought the goal that would have set City on the way to a very useful 3 points

Kenneth Zohore had what looked like a perfectly executed 'goal' disallowed when he was deemed to have fouled a Wednesday player before moving away and curling a 25 nearer around the keeper and into the top lefthand side of the Wednesday net! Replays showed Zohore clearly got the better of a 50/50 ball with his brute strength and the goal should have stood!

Wednesday were allowed to come back into the game and the last 10 minutes of the first half saw them pepper the City goal on a couple of occasions and all things being equal they should probably have scored at least one of them

Half-time: 0-0 but at that point, I think City had shaded it overall :thumbright:

Second Half

Sheffield Wednesday were allowed to come into the game more and more and they started to look lively. A couple of smart saves and some decent defending was all that kept the at bay, although that's not to say City didn't have their chances to win the game because they certainly did and might have snatched it overall

Kadeem Harris was introduced as a late substitution to see him return to Championship action for the first time this season; one of the big positives tonight for a city team that once again caused themselves more problems than the opposition did with some profligate passing with Hoilett being the worst on the night

This was always going to be a tough game and City did okay without scoring, so a good point gained after a strange day in the Championship and City hold on to 3rd place in the table, two points behind Derby County :thumbright:

City Line-up:

Cardiff City: Etheridge; Richards, Morrison, Manga, Bamba, Bennett; Ralls, Grujic, Hoilett, Wildschut; Zohore

Subs: Murphy, Halford, Damour, Paterson (on for Grujic 77), Mendez-Laing (on for Wildschut 70), K Harris (on for Hoilett 83), Pilkington.

Away support: 451 Cardiff fans :bluebird:

Full-time: Sheffield Wednesday 0 Cardiff City 0 :bluebird:

My Man of the Match: Keneth Zohore :thumbright: :bluebird:

Re: MY VIEW: GOOD POINT AS CITY LACK PUNCH TO FINISH JOB

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:02 pm

My view: Lucky to get a point.
My man of the match: Etheridge.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:13 pm

Cheers Chris , Great write up of the game :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Disappointed we didn't win but we never do at Hillsborough. We have earned a good point away from home and providing we follow this up with a home win then everything is going in the right direction.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cheers Chris , Great write up of the game :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Thanks, Annis :thumbup:

You and the guys enjoy your evening and the Atletico game tomorrow! :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:39 pm

We are looking more like a play off team than 2nd place one!same with derby/bristol it's villa who look like 2nd place candidates especially with Bruce in charge. :thumbup: :

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:57 pm

I thought we were again shockingly poor ... lucky not to lose 3 or 4 nil. Our defence at times looks like the keystone cops. Everyone is closing us down and i wouldnt be surprised if by next month we are out of the top 6. I`m normally very positive by the way but at the moment i`m really struggling to see how we are going to find our early form.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:11 pm

I thought we were poor and lucky to get a point so to be honest I was disappointed and cannot see us getting top 2 on that performance

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:16 pm

Why on Earth is Zohore running the channels on a through ball don't he realise he is classed as a striker,do we need a forward or what!

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:56 pm

Cantonblu wrote:Why on Earth is Zohore running the channels on a through ball don't he realise he is classed as a striker,do we need a forward or what!

If he stands still he is lazy :lol:

Away from home I'd expect the striker to run the channels.

Tbh I think I get your a comedy account now.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:01 pm

valleyrambill wrote:I thought we were poor and lucky to get a point so to be honest I was disappointed and cannot see us getting top 2 on that performance

Long way to go yet so have some faith pal

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:09 pm

Sven wrote:My View/Opinion

Neil Warnock started with a good team tonight and early signs were that they would overcome a Sheffield Wednesday side looking like they were still trying to get it together under their new manager :thumbright: :bluebird:

First Half

City started well and the two new boys, Wildscuk and Grujic, looked like they will add to the existing options currently open to Neil Warnock. Without punishing Wednesday, City were well on top for the first 35 minutes and carved out a number of chances that might on another day brought the goal that would have set City on the way to a very useful 3 points

Kenneth Zohore had what looked like a perfectly executed 'goal' disallowed when he was deemed to have fouled a Wednesday player before moving away and curling a 25 nearer around the keeper and into the top lefthand side of the Wednesday net! Replays showed Zohore clearly got the better of a 50/50 ball with his brute strength and the goal should have stood!

Wednesday were allowed to come back into the game and the last 10 minutes of the first half saw them pepper the City goal on a couple of occasions and all things being equal they should probably have scored at least one of them

Half-time: 0-0 but at that point, I think City had shaded it overall :thumbright:

Second Half

Sheffield Wednesday were allowed to come into the game more and more and they started to look lively. A couple of smart saves and some decent defending was all that kept the at bay, although that's not to say City didn't have their chances to win the game because they certainly did and might have snatched it overall

Kadeem Harris was introduced as a late substitution to see him return to Championship action for the first time this season; one of the big positives tonight for a city team that once again caused themselves more problems than the opposition did with some profligate passing with Hoilett being the worst on the night

This was always going to be a tough game and City did okay without scoring, so a good point gained after a strange day in the Championship and City hold on to 3rd place in the table, two points behind Derby County :thumbright:

City Line-up:

Cardiff City: Etheridge; Richards, Morrison, Manga, Bamba, Bennett; Ralls, Grujic, Hoilett, Wildschut; Zohore

Subs: Murphy, Halford, Damour, Paterson (on for Grujic 77), Mendez-Laing (on for Wildschut 70), K Harris (on for Hoilett 83), Pilkington.

Away support: 451 Cardiff fans :bluebird:

Full-time: Sheffield Wednesday 0 Cardiff City 0 :bluebird:

My Man of the Match: Keneth Zohore :thumbright: :bluebird:

Always a good read from you :occasion5: :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:00 am

Yes we lack punch, zohore not a clinical finisher often sloppy finishing and not alert and clinical when the balls hit into the box in the air or on the deck, scores wonder goals but not good enough we need someone like grabban