Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What is a plastic????

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:02 pm

We are all moaning about our low crowds especially on this forum! However if we don't embrace new fans or welcome back ex fans who have decided to return how are we going to increase our crowds??
I reckon 95% of Season ticket holders will give their 2nd ticket to someone who has an affinity with the Bluebirds I will personally give mine to my Son who works most Saturdays but gets down the CCS as often as he can and I defy anyone to call him a plastic!

Re: What is a plastic????

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:06 pm

The opposite of a die hard :o :lol:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:12 pm

I know people say we lost 4K die hards because of the re brand but IMO based on previous attendence figures they were not all die hards they were just fans that come and go with success.

Don’t get me wrong we did lose a few old heads but no where near the 4K - realistically a couple of hundred tops die hards the way fans that will be back with success.

I hate the words plastic Or die hard - we are fans in our own rights and support the club however our situation allows us :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:27 pm

I think it's the term fans who go to lots of games and spent lots of money following the club use to make themselves feel more important.

A fans a fan to me.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:16 pm

Yea Dobbin is spot on , fans support as and when they can , some cant afford every game or a season ticket :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:18 pm

If you dont go to away trips up and down the land.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:30 pm

blue lagoon wrote:If you dont go to away trips up and down the land.

Here he is :happy1:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:01 pm

blueheaven wrote:We are all moaning about our low crowds especially on this forum! However if we don't embrace new fans or welcome back ex fans who have decided to return how are we going to increase our crowds??
I reckon 95% of Season ticket holders will give their 2nd ticket to someone who has an affinity with the Bluebirds I will personally give mine to my Son who works most Saturdays but gets down the CCS as often as he can and I defy anyone to call him a plastic!

initially i thought the term plastic reffered to the Liverpool/Man Utd fans who sit at home watching super Sunday every week wearing their Candy /Sharp tops with no intention of ever watching a live game.. you often see them in the fast food aisle at Asda chatting in their sharp/Candy coats to like minded idiots.their wives stood 3foot away in a seperate convo of how fanatical their hubbys are, cut them in half and it would say manpool all the way through their bodies etc ..and when they die they get glory glory or youll never walk alone played at the funeral..

but apparently the term plastic also includes anyone that doesnt have a Cardiff City ST and does a dozen aways each year

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:03 pm

Yes I agree with Dobbin we probably lost hundreds rather than thousands due to the rebrand and I know a few who stopped coming. However if we are to increase our attendances then we have to welcome new fans and hope that some of those who come for the Man City games keep coming back for the rest of the season :old:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:06 pm

Plastic.- Definition.- A word made up by idiots that has nothing to do with football or it’s part time fans. :banghead:

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:43 pm

Its A flexible friend? :laughing6:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:31 am

Anybody got any spare tickets for the Man City game? (I'm blue to the core) Blooobirds :-D

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:26 am

blueheaven wrote:We are all moaning about our low crowds especially on this forum! However if we don't embrace new fans or welcome back ex fans who have decided to return how are we going to increase our crowds??

Alot of people on this forum complain about low crowds, the word plastic always comes up, so if we want big crowds then these are the fans we need to come back and hopefully a good performance against Man City may mean some may come back for the League games, so encourage them ti return and stop calling them Plastics. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:33 am

I hate it when some people on this site moan about the small crowds we are attracting but are then the first to scream PLASTICS
when we do get a decent crowd. Some need to grow up.
Lifelong City supporter attending since the 50's, first full season 59-60.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:24 am

Plastics are the extra 10K people (I won't call them fans) who only turn up for games such as the Man City game and that is the truth like it or lump it. They have all the excuses for not turning up for league games such as I was working, I was baby sitting, I was at a wedding, I was having my hair done, funny how you can turn up next Sunday.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:41 am

If you’ve ever turned up with the sole intention of seeing Cardiff City win a football match and with no interest in the opposition other than seeing them get beaten by the City then your not a plastic in my opinion and if any of those extra fans next week can say that then that should be good enough for anyone after all who would be thick enough to be a plastic Cardiff fan.lve many reasons for not going anymore some valid some just excuses but l still count myself a fan

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:35 pm

a synthetic material made from a wide range of organic polymers such as polyethylene, PVC, nylon, etc., that can be moulded into shape while soft, and then set into a rigid or slightly elastic form.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:40 pm

A plastic is definitely a fan who:

When Cardiff are crap supports Liverpool/Man Utd as their only club
When Cardiff were doing well in the Championship regularly (2010-13) supports Liverpool/Man Utd as their main club but claims to support Cardiff too
When Cardiff were in the Premier League, claiming to be HUGE Cardiff fans but supporting Liverpool/Man Utd when Cardiff were playing against them, taunting Cardiff fans when they beat us.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:20 pm

To be fair, I don't think there are too many who actually believe in the term 'plastic' but will use it to make an oft humorous point on occasion; particularly when someone tries to 'justify' their reasons for non-attendance in a way that is clearly not quite the reality ;)

I like NyeBluebirds analogy but the simple fact is that everyone will have their own reasons for attending all/few/limited or even no games and there's little anyone can/should do about it other than encourage

I doubt there are too many (even STH's) that attend every game in a season. I know I don't, as I have certain commitments that ensure that I have to be away at certain points in any season but thankfully, I am usually able to arrange the majority of these around international breaks

Others, such as Forever Blue, live away and can only attend a limited number of games, yet still commit to buying a season ticket every season. Others don't feel the need and simply attend when they can/want

In all seriousness, the only real terms that can/should be used to describe City supporters who attend any or all games is 'committed' or 'non-committed' and the latter should be encouraged to attend rather than ridiculed for doing so

Obviously, some will be here to watch the opposition next week but there's little we can do about that. It's their prerogative and apart from mock and moan, there's little we can/should do about it

Just turn up, enjoy the game, shout loudly for the team and get behind them for 90 minutes. Our team will fight to the end and we've pulled it around in this competition before! ;) :thumbright:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:38 pm

Dobbin wrote:The opposite of a die hard :o :lol:

That must mean that all plastics are teetotal :laughing6:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:42 pm

Dai Soft?

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:04 pm

Jock wrote:

Dai Soft?

Other Di's could include:

Die Larffin

Die Version

Die Rect

Die Lemma

Die Zaster

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:26 pm

I always thought that plastics are fans of Manchester Utd or Liverpool who buy the shirts and quilted coats who sit at home or the pub watching their club on the television.
Glory hunters are different- they're people who claim to be genuine Cardiff fans who are looking for tickets for the big games but in reality haven't been near the club for years, if ever.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:31 pm

The other term used for Plastic Fans is Gloria's (Glory Hunters) Take your pick what you call them but I bet they won't be there for the next league game.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:42 pm

:lol: :thumbup:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:52 pm

dunno but May wants them all gone by 2040, European council by 2032, and Iceland by 2023 :laughing6: :thumbup:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:26 pm

Bluesman wrote:The other term used for Plastic Fans is Gloria's (Glory Hunters) Take your pick what you call them but I bet they won't be there for the next league game.

I take it you go to every game home and away?