Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result of Cardiff City v Manchester City be?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Cardiff City win
27%
Manchester City win
54%
Draw
20%

Total votes : 56

LATEST NEWS “ CARDIFF CITY v MANCHESTER CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:15 pm

CARDIFF CITY v MANCHESTER CITY
Sunday 28th January, 4pm
FA Cup Fourth Round
Cardiff City Stadium

MATCH SOLD OUT :thumbright: :bluebird:

Manchester City's Final Away Allocation was 3,765.

TEAM NEWS 26/01/18

Cardiff City :bluebird:

Long-term absentees Aron Gunnarsson, Matt Connolly, Lee Peltier and Danny Ward will miss the visit of Man City while Lee Camp and Craig Bryson are also unlikely to be involved.

But the Bluebirds do have winger Kadeem Harris back from injury, with the wideman making his first appearance of the season as a substitute in the 0-0 draw with Sheffield Wednesday last time out.

Man City

Kyle Walker is in contention to feature after Pep Guardiola revealed the defender has recovered from the head injury he suffered in the second leg of his side's Carabao Cup semi-final contest with Bristol City on Tuesday.

Elsewhere, Gabriel Jesus, Benjamin Mendy, Phil Foden and Fabian Delph all remain sidelined.

97ECC919-FDD9-485B-8630-ECE850382B53.png

About Manchester City

Manchester City Football Club are a football club in Manchester, England. Founded in 1880 as St. Mark's (West Gorton), they became Ardwick Association Football Club in 1887 and Manchester City in 1894. The club are based at the Etihad Campus in East Manchester, encompassing their 80-acre training facility, Academy Stadium and their home ground, the City of Manchester Stadium which the club moved to in 2003 having played at Maine Road since 1923.

The club's most successful period was from 1968 to 1970, when they won the League Championship, FA Cup, League Cup and European Cup Winners' Cup, under the management team of Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison. After losing the 1981 FA Cup Final, the club went through a period of decline, culminating in relegation to the third tier of English football for the only time in their history in 1998. Having regained their Premier League status in the early 2000s, the club was purchased in 2008 by Abu Dhabi United Group for £210 million. Since 2011, the club have won five major honours, including the Premier League in 2012 and 2014.

By 2015–16, Manchester City had the fifth-highest revenue in the footballing world with an annual revenue of €524.9 million. In 2017, Forbes magazine estimated they were the world's fifth-most valuable football club, worth $2.08 billion. In 2015, a 13.79% stake purchase for the club's parent company, City Football Group (CFG), by the CITIC Group for £265 million valued the entity at $3 billion.

I can't get to Cardiff City Stadium, can I watch the match live?

Yes, the match is live on BBC One.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Richards, Manga, Morrison, Bennett, Bamba, Ralls, Paterson, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett, Zohore

Manchester City: Bravo, Danilo, Stones, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, Aguero, Sane

Form - Last Three Games

Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 Cardiff City
Mansfield Town 1-4 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 4-0 Sunderland

Bristol City 2-3 Manchester City
Manchester City 3-1 Newcastle United
Liverpool 4-3 Manchester City

Match Odds

Cardiff City - 10/1
Manchester City - 2/9
Draw - 11/2

Predictions

Post your predictions below :thumbright:

Don't forget to vote for your Man of the Match after the game. That poll will be posted on this forum at full time :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LATEST NEWS “ CARDIFF CITY v MANCHESTER CITY “ MATCH THR

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:49 pm

I think Cardiff will beat them..big shock coming :bluebird:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:51 pm

A draw 2-2 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:59 pm

Cardiff City 0-3 Manchester City

Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:11 pm

2-1 to the only real City, CARDIFF CITY :bluescarf: :bluebird: :D :ayatollah: :occasion5:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:07 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Cardiff City 0-3 Manchester City

Man City fan here. I think it's going to be a lot harder for us than people are predicting. The game at weekend was a bit flat to start with until we got the goal against a very poor Newcastle. I am going with 2 - 1 to Man City. Just hoping it doesn't go to extra time as we only have one train we can catch back to Manchester.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:51 pm

0-0 draw, will be allocated 8000 up there sure we will bring 5000+ :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:53 pm

Blue Moaner wrote:

Man City fan here. I think it's going to be a lot harder for us than people are predicting. The game at weekend was a bit flat to start with until we got the goal against a very poor Newcastle. I am going with 2 - 1 to Man City. Just hoping it doesn't go to extra time as we only have one train we can catch back to Manchester.

youve struggled against championship teams so far this season :laughing6:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:28 pm

6-0. Zahore will come good again and get four of them. ;)

Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:36 pm

Blue Moaner wrote:

It wouldn’t go to extra time, it would go to a replay?

I’ll probably be on same train back as the Man City fans. Normally am when we play a team from Manchester area, as I have to change train on the way to Manchester at Hereford.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:50 am

1 Nil Zohore curler. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:53 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:1 Nil Zohore curler. :ayatollah:

That would be amazing could you imagine he scored the goal of the season which led to a win! I'm worried though as 1 Zohore goal = 10 man city goals lol nice to dream though

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:18 am

I feel it's unlikely that we will win but you never know. Most of the top elite teams struggle against Man City and I believe the gap between them now compared with the last time we played them and won is much wider. I'm hoping that the scoreline isn't too embarrising and I'm predicting 3-1 to man city. Of course in my heart I want us to win or even a draw would be a respectable scoreline. Not that we need extra games right now but an away trip there would be good apart from getting hammered! Lol. There's always a tiny bit of hope and I'm sure our players will try their hardest but it'll be really tough if they play a full strengthen squad. Keeping the scoreline respectable would be my first wish if we lose. If we do somehow win it'll go down as a very famous win - on par with last time but if not more because man city are so much better now! HOPE AND PRAYS FOR US! Come on bluebirds!
What will help us is the crowd - we all have to get right behind the team and create a bouncing atmosphere!

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:00 pm

MATCH SOLD OUT :thumbright: :bluebird:

Manchester City's Final Away Allocation was 3,765.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:43 pm

I think that Manchester will have a shock against the real CITY, Warnock will make sure of that. We are no shitty little Bristol City/Rovers or whatever they are called. We are CARDIFF CITY :bluebird: Bring on Manchester.

BLOOOOOBIRDS!!!!! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:12 am

A big test for City, the wurzels didn't embarrass themselves against Man City so considering that we are a better side than bristol we have a bit to live up to, personally I think with a full house we can unsettle Man City enough to get,a shock result, p's anyone looking to have a punt on an upset is advised to check out the correct score odds,
YOU ARE MY CARDIFF!!!!

Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:02 am

Cardiff City

Long-term absentees Aron Gunnarsson, Matt Connolly, Lee Peltier and Danny Ward will miss the visit of Man City while Lee Camp and Craig Bryson are also unlikely to be involved.

But the Bluebirds do have winger Kadeem Harris back from injury, with the wideman making his first appearance of the season as a substitute in the 0-0 draw with Sheffield Wednesday last time out.

Man City

Kyle Walker is in contention to feature after Pep Guardiola revealed the defender has recovered from the head injury he suffered in the second leg of his side's Carabao Cup semi-final contest with Bristol City on Tuesday.

Elsewhere, Gabriel Jesus, Benjamin Mendy, Phil Foden and Fabian Delph all remain sidelined.

Re: TEAM NEWS “ CARDIFF CITY v MANCHESTER CITY “ MATCH THREA

Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:07 am

What have the managers said?

Neil Warnock (Cardiff City)

"They’re (Man City) lovely to watch," said the Yorkshireman.

"When you can buy the best players in the world, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to be successful. Pep is improving his team each year, but I’m not sure it’s not to the detriment of English football that Man City and Man United are spending lots of money.

"My favourite player in the country is David Silva, has been for years. He’s not even one of their top players! But I’ve always loved his attitude and ability to change a game. It’s an experience to play against these lads. It’s our cup final and we’re going to do the best we can on Sunday."

Pep Guardiola (Man City)

"I saw Mansfield v Cardiff and realise immediately the way they play, they do to quite well," he said.

"My staff know more than me. They are third in the championship. We are playing away. It will be tough.

"We know exactly how complicated the game will be. Last season against Huddersfield, we needed a replay. It’s a team on top form. Tall team, set pieces, aggressive one against one.

"We have to defend high because if we defend the box they are so strong."
What are the latest betting odds?

Odds courtesy of Sky Bet

Cardiff City win 9/1

Draw 10/3

Man City win 3/10

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:06 am

Cardiff 1 Man City 3 or4 as we tire, they will take advantage

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:33 am

Hurry up get it out the way .
We loose big we could effect are season less crowds etc.
Win and it and it could do the opposite could be massive.

City 1-man city 3.

Hopefully im very wrong but man city have a super special team one of the best in the prem for years .
I just want it done and out the way .

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:46 am

brickyblue wrote:Hurry up get it out the way .

City 1-man city 3.

Hopefully im very wrong but man city have a super special team one of the best in the prem for years .

Sadly, I don't think a result either way will affect those who have turned up simply to watch Man City (could have been any of the top 4 or 5 clubs) and crowds will return to the norm until we are still looking like promotion contenders with a few games to go; at which point you'll see massive sales of the 6-game ticket, as the sycophants gamble on them being given priority season ticket purchases for next season

Nothing we can do about it, so I'm just going to go to the stadium, support The Bluebirds, appreciate the skills of the opposition and keep a glimmer of hope that our team can produce a result. We certainly have the players who can cause Man City problems at our place and if they are not on top of their game after a tough couple of weeks

I never predict a Cardiff City result but I do know we're capable of a surprise and you just never know! :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:52 am

City 1-man city 3.

I think your post shows how attitudes have changed towards this competition. Not that long back, this would be dream tie for us, and the whole place would be buzzing. For a week, the league would be forgotten, and there would be a great build up to what would be one of our biggest games of the season. Sadly, fans just seem to want it done and out of the way.

I still like the FA cup, and I am looking forward to this game more than most of our recent games. I know Man City would beat us comfortably 99 times out of a 100. There is always that one time though, and it has happened for us before. I know in all probability we will lose by 3 or 4 goals, but we can always dream that this may just be the one where everything goes wrong for them and right for us.

We have nothing to lose. The players and fans can enjoy the day out, nobody expects us to do well so any sort of a performance that makes it an interesting game will be a bonus. If we lose 4-0 there would no disgrace in that. They will dish out that sort of beating to much bigger and better teams than us. Perhaps this will be when Zohore scores one of his wonder goals, he only has 4 this season so he owes us one now.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:26 pm

Anyone have an idea of what time the Man City bus will arrive as the kids hoping to get a look?

Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:43 pm

Any idea if Man City have sold out?

Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:44 pm

elephantstone wrote:Anyone have an idea of what time the Man City bus will arrive as the kids hoping to get a look?

Massive WUM haha

Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:08 pm

massive WUM?

Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:02 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

City 1-man city 3.

I think your post shows how attitudes have changed towards this competition. Not that long back, this would be dream tie for us, and the whole place would be buzzing. For a week, the league would be forgotten, and there would be a great build up to what would be one of our biggest games of the season. Sadly, fans just seem to want it done and out of the way.

I still like the FA cup, and I am looking forward to this game more than most of our recent games. I know Man City would beat us comfortably 99 times out of a 100. There is always that one time though, and it has happened for us before. I know in all probability we will lose by 3 or 4 goals, but we can always dream that this may just be the one where everything goes wrong for them and right for us.

We have nothing to lose. The players and fans can enjoy the day out, nobody expects us to do well so any sort of a performance that makes it an interesting game will be a bonus. If we lose 4-0 there would no disgrace in that. They will dish out that sort of beating to much bigger and better teams than us. Perhaps this will be when Zohore scores one of his wonder goals, he only has 4 this season so he owes us one now.

I do like the FA Cup but when we are going for promotion i cant help think its a hindrance for us possiblity of injuries etc.we worked so hard to be where we are in the league i dont want one game de railing it .

Mid table and Man city fa cup id be well up for it buzzing .
Its so hard to be in with a chance of promotion and we deserve this chance a number of things could de rail us in one game thats what i mean.

Tomorrow ill be up for the game hoping we pull
Off a massive shock and if we do it will be brilliant ill be in dream land thats why the FA cup is special but it comes given our league position with
a BUT.

Good luck to all tomorrow .

Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:08 pm

3 . 2 to the bluebirds

Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:21 pm

Gaffer wrote:
elephantstone wrote:Anyone have an idea of what time the Man City bus will arrive as the kids hoping to get a look?

Massive WUM haha

??

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:56 am

Blue Moaner wrote:

You from Manchester mate?