Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Another "We Need a Goalscorer" Thread!

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:12 am

City urgently need a goal scorer or we are going to miss out on the chance of promotion. A decent bit of money spent now could bring the reward of millions in the premier. Come on City go for it.

Re: Goalscorer

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:03 pm

I agree, zohore scores wonder goals but he aint got that predotary instinc in and around the box and thats what we need to fire us the goals, the odd wonder goal here and there dosent cut the mustard imo

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:18 pm

I've never managed a football team in my life but have supported City for nearly 50 years and I can see (as can NW) that we are dropping point after point for the sake of a predatory striker who can turn a loss into a draw and a draw into a win.

I completely agree with an earlier poster that Zohore can score wonder goals but not often enough and he is not the fox in the box we are desperate for up front. We are in an absolutely wonderful position in the league to kick on and secure promotion and we are crying out for a 15+ goal a season man up front.

If we don't get a quality (at least by Championship standards) striker in before the 31st - e.g. someone of the quality of Grabban on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season; by spending relative peanuts when compared to the huge financial rewards of the Premiership; then to me it will make the following clear:

1. Vincent Tan is neither interested in getting us back to the Premiership or selling the club.
2. He has no interest in supporting NW and has brought him to the club under false pretences.
3. NW will not be here next season
4, Get ready for more players than Gunnarson leaving the club in the Summer, i.e. Hoilett, Bamba, Ralls, Morrison.

Come on Mr Tan - prove you want Cardiff back in the Premier league - let's go for it - grab this opportunity - spend a relatively small amount over the next 4 months - give us Grabban and promotion!!!

:clap: :thumbup: :occasion5: :thumbup: :clap:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:56 pm

blemmy wrote:I've never managed a football team in my life but have supported City for nearly 50 years and I can see (as can NW) that we are dropping point after point for the sake of a predatory striker who can turn a loss into a draw and a draw into a win.

I completely agree with an earlier poster that Zohore can score wonder goals but not often enough and he is not the fox in the box we are desperate for up front. We are in an absolutely wonderful position in the league to kick on and secure promotion and we are crying out for a 15+ goal a season man up front.

If we don't get a quality (at least by Championship standards) striker in before the 31st - e.g. someone of the quality of Grabban on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season; by spending relative peanuts when compared to the huge financial rewards of the Premiership; then to me it will make the following clear:

1. Vincent Tan is neither interested in getting us back to the Premiership or selling the club.
2. He has no interest in supporting NW and has brought him to the club under false pretences.
4, Get ready for more players than Gunnarson leaving the club in the Summer, i.e. Hoilett, Bamba, Ralls, Morrison.

Come on Mr Tan - prove you want Cardiff back in the Premier league - let's go for it - grab this opportunity - spend a relatively small amount over the next 4 months - give us Grabban and promotion!!!

youve been going 50 years and having done all those poor years with owners who didnt invest anything you come up with this..
the false pretences is the best...Warnock is a multi millionaire in his own right, 69 years of age. and you seriously think he has been hood winked and still here..?

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:36 pm

dogfound wrote:
blemmy wrote:I've never managed a football team in my life but have supported City for nearly 50 years and I can see (as can NW) that we are dropping point after point for the sake of a predatory striker who can turn a loss into a draw and a draw into a win.

youve been going 50 years and having done all those poor years with owners who didnt invest anything you come up with this..
the false pretences is the best...Warnock is a multi millionaire in his own right, 69 years of age. and you seriously think he has been hood winked and still here..?

Warnock has known and said from day 1 that he has only a small budget to work with. Like you say, at 69 years of age he has been around long enough to know exactly where he stands. One minute the club debts are a concern, the next let's spend millions in the hope (no guarantees) it gets us up. And if it does'nt, what then. Spend millions more next season for another crack at promotion, get clobbered for breaking FFP rules while the club drowns in a sea of debt. Glad it's not my money that fans want to gamble with.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:57 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Warnock has known and said from day 1 that he has only a small budget to work with. Like you say, at 69 years of age he has been around long enough to know exactly where he stands. One minute the club debts are a concern, the next let's spend millions in the hope (no guarantees) it gets us up. And if it does'nt, what then. Spend millions more next season for another crack at promotion, get clobbered for breaking FFP rules while the club drowns in a sea of debt. Glad it's not my money that fans want to gamble with.

well he has enough money to bid 3m for Forshaw, so hopefully we can point that in the direction of a striker instead.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:24 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

well he has enough money to bid 3m for Forshaw, so hopefully we can point that in the direction of a striker instead.

Exactly - getting Grabban in on a loan deal with an option to buy will not cost millions over the next 4 months.

I stand by all I've said - if we don't take a chance and grab this opportunity then it is very difficult to see how we can come up with another challenge next year with 3 more teams in the division with parachute payments to throw at a promotion challenge.

Let's see if I am right about what will happen in the summer if we don't get promoted and if I'm right I will have no pleasure whatsoever in saying I told you so. :old:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:36 pm

blemmy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Exactly - getting Grabban in on a loan deal with an option to buy will not cost millions over the next 4 months.

I stand by all I've said - if we don't take a chance and grab this opportunity then it is very difficult to see how we can come up with another challenge next year with 3 more teams in the division with parachute payments to throw at a promotion challenge.

Let's see if I am right about what will happen in the summer if we don't get promoted and if I'm right I will have no pleasure whatsoever in saying I told you so. :old:

One of those three teams will hopefully be Swansea, who will only be paying a fleeting visit to the Championship on their downward spiral.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:09 am

blemmy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

club running at a loss needs to trim wage bill because parachute payments end. :o :o ...but thanks for the heads up..

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:47 pm

dogfound wrote:
blemmy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

club running at a loss needs to trim wage bill because parachute payments end. :o :o ...but thanks for the heads up..

Newcastle didn't = West Ham didn't and Villa haven't - but thanks for your input :banghead:

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 pm

blemmy wrote:
dogfound wrote:
blemmy wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Newcastle didn't = West Ham didn't and Villa haven't - but thanks for your input :banghead:

at what point have any of those clubs been on the verge of losing their parachute payments...?
need to stop banging head its clearly not helping