St. Patricks Day

A forum for all things Cardiff City

St. Patricks Day

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:04 am

17th March has a claim to being the most well known day of the year after Christmas and New years day.

This year it will be a day that Cardiff City will start a period of determining if they will gain an automatic place or not. Just study these fixtures:

Sat Mar 17 Derby County A

Fri 3pm Mar 30 Burton Albion H

Mon 3pm Apr 2 Sheffield United A

Sat Apr 7 Wolverhampton Wanderers H

Tue Apr 10 Aston Villa A

Now I'm expecting us to still be in the play offs and still in touch of a auto spot. I'm expecting all the teams above to be pretty close to where they are now with one being a couple of places higher than at present and that being Villa.

By then I'm expecting all our players that have been out injured to be match fit then with the hope that we will be back to the form that got us off to a great start. I believe we will need to achieve that for my following predictions:

1 If we avoid any defeat but manage a win we will get a play off spot.

2. If we avoid defeat and win 2/3 of those games against our promotion contenders we will get an auto spot.

3. If we lose any and the rest are draws I still believe we will retain a play off spot but it will be close.

However if we don't get our players back to full fitness or even worse suffer the same injuries again then all my predictions above go out of the window. If this happens you can sum it up in one sentence what will happen. We could quite easily miss out on a play off.
Bakedalasker

St. Patricks Day

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat