Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

1 point gained or 2 points lost ?

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:19 am

What are your thoughts if you want automatic proportion are these the games you should be winning? Or did we do well to keep the clean sheet?

Before the game I personally would of took a point, Wednesday got a new manager undefeated after first 2 games haven't conceded a goal.

We do lack fire power at times but overall happy with the point

Re: 1 point gained or 2 points lost ?

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:27 am

We should have scoredvat least two in the firstv20 mins yesterday. :banghead:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:43 am

GENERAL CHAT wrote:We should have scoredvat least two in the firstv20 mins yesterday. :banghead:

Yes and they should have scored 4! Their chances we actually great opportunities couple of one on ones ours were half chances at best. :old:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:45 am

A point gained for me, and just about a fair result. Both teams could have scored, and Wednesday probably had the most clear cut chance, and should have scored. We have spent enough time in this league to know anyone can beat anyone, and there are no easy games. An away point is always a good point, especially if you are strong at home.
We are lacking a natural goal scorer, and if Warnock can get one over the next week or two, we may just turn some of these draws into narrow wins.

I think the top three will end up being Wolves, Aston Villa, and Derby. I would'nt be surprised to see Bristol and Sheff Utd, drop away, and if we can get ourselves a decent striker to play alongside Zohore, I think we will be best placed to remain in those play off spots.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:57 am

I think second is going to slip away from us and Villa will come on strong.
Hopefully with another striker we’ll stay in the play off places at the season end. I’ll be happy with that.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:58 am

At this moment in time it is a point gained. I don't think we are good enough to be favourites to go to such grounds and win.

After the 1st 20 minutes we lost our way. We never got back into the game and did well to stop them scoring.

As mentioned many times we need that goal scorer to replace Danny Ward.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:39 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:A point gained for me, and just about a fair result. Both teams could have scored, and Wednesday probably had the most clear cut chance, and should have scored. We have spent enough time in this league to know anyone can beat anyone, and there are no easy games. An away point is always a good point, especially if you are strong at home.
We are lacking a natural goal scorer, and if Warnock can get one over the next week or two, we may just turn some of these draws into narrow wins.

I think the top three will end up being Wolves, Aston Villa, and Derby. I would'nt be surprised to see Bristol and Sheff Utd, drop away, and if we can get ourselves a decent striker to play alongside Zohore, I think we will be best placed to remain in those play off spots.

Completely agree with you :thumbright:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:44 am

A point gained. We never seem to do that good away to them, and with players coming back and new ones coming in it’s a good result. We are still in it for second place, but as long as we are still in those playoff places that’s good enough.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:48 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:A point gained for me, and just about a fair result. Both teams could have scored, and Wednesday probably had the most clear cut chance, and should have scored. We have spent enough time in this league to know anyone can beat anyone, and there are no easy games. An away point is always a good point, especially if you are strong at home.

Fulham on a real charge and looking likely to take a play off spot, if Villa/Derby & Wolves take the automatic places that leaves two play off places up for grabs. Middlesbrough are starting to come good under Pulis and shouldn't be discounted, so we could end up fighting The Wurzels, Sheff Utd and perhaps one other from Brentford & Leeds for the final place as I just can't see us making the automatic promotion places now. Our poor December looks like it is going to cost us that opportunity. We have to play all of those sides except Fulham again, and obviously teams will take points off each other, but unless we can find a proven goal scorer this window and whoever it is hits the ground running then I fear we could miss out. We really need to up our game to the levels of the first half yesterday on a consistent basis but with an end product - if we can do that, not too many teams will beat us.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:

Fulham on a real charge and looking likely to take a play off spot, if Villa/Derby & Wolves take the automatic places that leaves two play off places up for grabs. Middlesbrough are starting to come good under Pulis and shouldn't be discounted, so we could end up fighting The Wurzels, Sheff Utd and perhaps one other from Brentford & Leeds for the final place as I just can't see us making the automatic promotion places now. Our poor December looks like it is going to cost us that opportunity. We have to play all of those sides except Fulham again, and obviously teams will take points off each other, but unless we can find a proven goal scorer this window and whoever it is hits the ground running then I fear we could miss out. We really need to up our game to the levels of the first half yesterday on a consistent basis but with an end product - if we can do that, not too many teams will beat us.

Agree with all of that. Whatever happens, this has been a good campaign for us so far, and considering where we were when Warnock arrived, I think most of us would have taken our current position at the start of this season. Not going to be easy over the next few months, a lot of strong teams closing in on us. I still think with a bit of strengthening up front, and if we can get a bit of luck avoiding injuries and suspensions, this team can get a top six place. If we are in the play offs, anything is possible.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:23 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Agree with all of that. Whatever happens, this has been a good campaign for us so far, and considering where we were when Warnock arrived, I think most of us would have taken our current position at the start of this season. Not going to be easy over the next few months, a lot of strong teams closing in on us. I still think with a bit of strengthening up front, and if we can get a bit of luck avoiding injuries and suspensions, this team can get a top six place. If we are in the play offs, anything is possible.

Agree - if we can stay in a play off place then I trust NW to get us fired up and promoted :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:26 pm

Considering they had two clear cut chances to score and should have scored I'm happy to have escaped with a draw

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:54 pm

Two points lost if chasing automatic-Villa and Derby would have won there yesterday, a point gained if chasing a play off.